“Remarkably quiet, good location, very large room (for Europe), top value”

Adina Apartment Hotels Copenhagen
Ranked #11 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
San Diego
“Remarkably quiet, good location, very large room (for Europe), top value”
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Adina was a nice find, will stay here again, and recommend to others. Top value, quiet location.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Rich011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed October 6, 2009

We stayed for three days at the Adina before our cruise. It was very comfortable, lots of room, nicely appointed kitchen, spotless loo, nice balcony. We walk when we travel, so the distance away from the center of the City was no problem for us, but might be for others. The distance to the port was well within our walking comfort zone (we pack light, so no struggles with large, cumbersome bags.) Free wireless in lobby only. Highly recommended.

2 Thank Cheryl&Roger
Ontario
Reviewed September 27, 2009

we enjoyed our two night stay . We had a 1 bedroom suite . It had Fridge , stove , Microwave, washer and dryer . 2 TV's . Very spacious even by North American standards with King Size bed .
Internet is only availible free in the lobby .You must pay to have in your room .
The included breakfast buffet was excellent
The staff were very helpful and friendly
very modern hotel as building is only 3 years old .

1 Thank msquaredOntario
Riverside, CA
Reviewed September 24, 2009

We stayed 3 nights at the Adina at the end of a cruise. We walked from the Freeport terminal, but we should have taken a cab due to the distance. Since we arrived in the morning, we were allowed to store our luggage at the Adina while we did some sightseeing until check-in time. The number 26 bus was our friend; we went everywhere on it. (On the weekend it runs every half hour; much more often on weekdays.) Our one-bedroom apartment was spacious and comfortable. The full kitchen included dishes, pots, toaster, and just about anything else a cook would need. We saved lots of money on meals by shopping at the adjacent small Netto store (not a lot of food choice, but enough to get by) and taking care of our own breakfast and dinner. We had a quiet room facing the inner courtyard, but my parents' room faced the street and was noisier. The bed was very comfortable, but I really needed a sheet. I was too hot with the duvet covering me and too cold without it! The lighting in the apartment was not very good, but it was especially bad in the bathroom, making it difficult to put on makeup. The shower was strong, and there was plenty of hot water. If you use the washer and dryer, be aware that the process is extremely slow. It took us hours to get our laundry done. The major headache I dealt with at the Adina is that I could never get access to the one computer that is available to guests in the lobby. And if you want to print boarding passes, you have to pay for the privilege. Also, the people at the front desk were polite, but it seemed that the answer to every question I asked was "Sorry, but..." This made me feel that customer service was not a high priority. On the day we flew home, we walked to the Osterport station from the Adina and conveniently took the train to the airport. Overall, I would stay at the Adina again because we got good value for the price in a very expensive city, but I would be aware of the limitations.

3 Thank 4 Joyful Travel
Los Angeles
Reviewed September 21, 2009

Just finished a 5 day stint at the Adina. If you feel as though you need to be in the center of town, then the Adina is probably not for you. Otherwise, the Adina is excellent. It's a very short walk to Osterport Station ... from which numerous trains can transport you downtown in a few short minutes. If you rent a bicycle, you are a short ride from just about any Copenhagen location. The apartment concept (i.e. bedroom, living room & kitchen) is quite nice - even if you do not spend much time in the room. The kitchen equipment included a toaster, french press and various pots and pans. I considered it to be a luxury to be able to prepare oatmeal, coffee & grilled cheese sandwiches for several breakfasts and/or lunches. The walls and doors of the Adina seem to be constructed out of substantial materials. I never heard any noises from other guests or otherwise while trying to sleep. The bed was comfortable and I slept great during my stay.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Flankster
Larne, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2009

Stayed in this hotel before our cruise. Not far from the cruise terminal or the Little Mermaid. {Isn't the Little Mermaid the most pathetic looking thing?}
Roomy and modern.
Very helpful staff who sorted out my intenet queries with great patience. {I couldn't find the @ key what with all the weird Danish letters on the keyboard!}
Good secure room for luggage.
Highly recommended with the only downside being the location as it was a bit far from central Copenhagen if one stayed on for sightseeing, though we walked into the city centre along the waterfront.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Fort Pierce, Florida
Reviewed September 19, 2009

I stayed recently at the Adina Apartment Hotel when I visited Denmark with friends. We met other friends of ours who have children and decided on this place because it offered a variety of options that worked for all of us. If you’ve got kids, you’ll like that it’s an apartment hotel because the kitchenettes are great…not just for kids actually. We were able to go to the grocery store nearby and stock up on fun foods (popcorn, chips, candy, drinks) and also some staples for basic meals and that saved us time trying to get everyone going in the morning while getting ready and also money, not to mention that we were concerned about cutting into sightseeing time if we were having to figure out where to eat in the morning that would appeal to everyone in our little group.

Some of us did enjoy a dip in the indoor pool and I have to say this felt great after a full day of walking around. We also enjoyed a drink at the bar and the staff were friendly and shared interesting tidbits about Copenhagen’s royalty. We were in two different rooms, two of us in one and a family of four in the other and we felt comfortable in the rooms. You don’t always know what to expect in Europe in terms of spacious rooms, but we felt that we had plenty of room, even after six days of togetherness!

Taking the bus was simple and a few of us enjoyed renting bikes one morning. I liked the location and we felt that we had a good mix of accessibility to sights while also experiencing local flair.

I would go back to this hotel; I really felt like I was on vacation, but I also had a lot of the comforts of home and it saved me money that allowed me to enjoy a great visit. And I did not add an international plan to my BlackBerry nor bring my laptop, but I was able to get online using the hotel’s computer—this was great to check email and our flight status home.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family