“Good apartments, disappointing service.”

Adina Apartment Hotel Copenhagen
Ranked #12 of 117 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed December 1, 2013

After a long journey with 3 children plus their parents the check in was painfully slow. My studio was impressive with a well equipped kitchenette, comfortable dining, lounge and sleeping areas with a reasonable shower room. My son and the rest of the family had the adjoining 2 bedroom apartment with a travel cot provided in the lounge area. The adjoining door would not unlock easily so was left as the toddler was having a nap. My studio was marred by small faults (which I didn't report as we were only there for 2 nights). The wardrobe doors did not stay shut. The shower head needs adjusting so that water is not sprayed into the 'dry' area. The water pressure in the wash basin was very low so took ages to get hot water. (In my sons apartment the pressure was very high with instant hot water). The floor strip between the bathroom and studio was loose. One of the bedroom lamps was loose on its base so leaning at an angle. The heating in my studio could not be adjusted, no heat came out, just a lot of noise from the fan. My son was unable to cool his apartment!
These are minor niggles and the rooms over all were very comfortable.

The first night we ate in the hotel, the meal was enjoyable but service was slow and it wasn't until after we'd finished our first course that I was told my main course was not available - no veal delivered!
The breakfast was adequate but nothing special.
The 2nd evening we ate at the Italian cafe opposite which was excellent, friendly helpful service and a moving Santa to distract the little one when she was a bit fractious, as well as very tasty food.
The swimming pool at the hotel was enjoyed by 3 of our group with 1 child very disappointed not to be allowed in as he was injured.

Check out in the morning was unbelievably slow. There were about 6 people waiting to check out and only one person on reception. It took us 20 minutes to be dealt with.

We were in rooms 318 & 319

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Supergranbee
E G, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Dear Supergranbee,
Thank you so much for your review.
We will work harder to become more effecient and I am sorry you didnt find the service up to standard. If there is anything else you would like to discuss, please do not hesitate to contact me
Adina Hotel Copenhagen

Write a ReviewReviews (1,326)

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Step into a big plush apartment loaded with all what you may want for a stay. Rooms are cosy, warm and apartment big enough & well maintained. A supermarket downstairs help you with your daily needs and an excellent italian joint opposite keeps you wanting for more.

Swimming pool and gym are just too good and you cant ask for more than this in Copenhagen. The only negative is that it is little far from main city and nearest metro station is about 600 meters, a challenge in snowy winters. Also resturants choices are not much with just 2 of them there. Strongly recomended for a long stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Nitin_705
E G, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear Nitin_705,
Thank you so much for your nice review here on tripadvisor.
I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel, maybe also this December, if so, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Our first time in Copenhagen. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They made us feel welcome and at home. Great food and highly recommend the breakfast. Great location near everything and bakery around the corner. I highly recommend this Hotel and would definitely return. Enjoyed the indoor pool on site.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
E G, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear 676Jan,
Thank you so much for your kind review here on tripadvisor. We are pleased you had a great stay here in the hotel and hope we can welcome you back.
Best Regards

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We stayed at the Adina Apartment hotel from August 27 - 31, 2013 in room 614. It's a large end room overlooking the courtyard. I went back and forth with this choice thinking I should stay someplace more centrally located. Oh, how glad I am I didn't change my booking. This was a wonderful location for us.

We are walkers and do like to get in 10 or more miles a day but the train is an option for those who don't want to walk to the city center. The only mistake we made was taking a taxi to the cruise port at the end of our stay. We could have walked the mile or so since there is a sidewalk the entire way.

I was able to jog each morning by going just a few blocks to the harbor and running along the paths along the water's edge. This is how I found out that the Little Mermaid was just a few blocks from our hotel. In the early morning no tourists are there so you can have her all to yourself.

Our room was an exceptionally large 1 bedroom apartment. It had a king size bed that was very comfortable. I loved that the fluffy duvets were 2 separate ones so I didn't have to have hubby pull it off all night long. I slept great. So did he. We had plenty of storage and our room was immaculate. There are plenty of outlets in the room. The blow dryer for hair worked well. The washer was not American style so I had a bit of trouble getting started even with the directions. The numbers are for temperature, not time, so I had it way to hot which caused it to take a long, long time to wash. Keep it on the lower number and your clothes will wash much more quickly since the machine has to heat the water. Dryer takes a while to dry, too, so just start early. Don't wait until the morning of departure to get started. The only thing that I found to be weak was the bathroom lighting.

The front desk staff was absolutely helpful, friendly and professional. The blond haired woman who was I think the front desk manager was especially smart and solved a minor problem we had with no problem at all.

We booked the breakfast package with the room and I'm so glad we did. To pay separately would cost way more than we are prepared to pay for a meal but I wouldn't want to miss this meal, that is for sure. It was probably one of the best hotel breakfasts we've ever had, if not THE best. It was fabulous. All of the food was perfectly prepared included the bacon and eggs. There were crepes, fresh fruit, plain yogurt, toppings, honey, fresh danish pastries, juices, coffee, meats, cheese, cereal, breads, jams, just everything you could possibly want. And it was all beautifully presented. We are lighter than average American eaters but we sure started our mornings out with a full stomach.

This is a hotel I would never pass up. With so much space in the room, such great service, wonderful food, the lack of free wifi in the room wasn't a deal breaker. The wifi DID work perfectly in the lobby or the restaurant. The only problem someone might have is if they fall off the proper network and their device puts them on one they aren't meant to be on. Click "ignore network" on your device if you have trouble like this and stay on the proper wifi network and you won't have any speed troubles. This was actually another reason I thought we might not want to stay here - no free wifi in the room. After our experience here, I'd not consider staying anywhere else.

We LOVED this place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank mommabean
E G, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear mommabean,
Thank you so much for taking a decision to stay in Adina Hotel Copenhagen. We really appreciate your kind review here on tripadvisor and hope we can welcome you back either to Copenhagen Adina or one of our hotels in Europe.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We just returned to Copenhagen, having stayed previously at the Radisson SAS near Tivoli Gardens. This time we opted for the flexibility of an apartment and we are so glad we did. Adina Apartments are not luxurious, but they have everything you need for a short break. The kitchen is well equipped, the bathroom clean and modern, and the beds comfortable. In true European style you each have a single duvet - even if you have a double bed - this did not bother us as we know this is the European way. There were just two tea bags and two coffee sachets in the room - it would be nice if there were a couple more of each. However, the staff are friendly and I'm sure if I had asked for more they would have provided these. The apartments are a little way out of town, about 10 minutes from the Little Mermaid, and 15 minutes from Amalienborg. However, having stayed on the other side of town last time, we enjoyed exploring this side of the city. Tip: If you want to get around during winter, the Hop on Hop off BOAT cruises leave from the Little Mermaid. Your ticket costs around £8UK and is valid for two days - so we used the boat as a water taxi to take us into Nyhavn and back to the apartments at night.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Happy2Travel3
E G, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear Happy2Travel3,
Thank you so much for your kind review, I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel another time.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stayed at Adina Copenhagen for a week and found the experience from before I arrived to the day I left most enjoyable. The staff were super friendly starting from clear and easy to follow instructions on how to get there by subway to suggestions for day and night activities. They even had a halloween theme night at the bar restaurant where the staff had made a real effort to make the night different.
I can only give the holiday maker perspective and it was A1. If you were tired from sightseeing you could buy gourmet food near the station and have an enjoyable night in.
The station 5-10 minutes away even allowed me to go Kronberg ( Hamlet's ) castle for a day trip.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Johny7812

Dear Johny7812,
Thank you so much for your review and we are pleased that you had a good evening at Halloween in Otto´s restaurant.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here
-Very helpful and friendly staff. Good vibe.
-Indoor pool was smallish, but nice and not many in Copenhagen
-Relatively close to trains (10 minute walk)
-Great to be able to cook some meals in the room and grocery store one minute away.
- Excellent price.

Room Tip: Trains on one side - may give some noise.