We were travelling in family (2 adults and 2 children). Have stayed in Adina Apartment Hotel for three nights in June 2013.
This was a very good stay. There were some negative aspects – largely outweighed by the positive ones.
I will start exactly by the positives.
The apartment was spacious, very well appointed, equipped and maintained (check photos). Daily cleaning was efficient. Front desk staff was also efficient during check in/check out, calling cabs, etc
The apartment had two rooms, two toilets – one with a bath tub, the other just with a shower – a spacious living room with dining table and a well equipped kitchenette (inc of stove, fridge, dish washer). There was a washing and a drying machine installed on one of the toilets. In terms of room entertainment, the apartment had 3 TV’s with international channels and a CD reader. Hotel services include a gym and an indoor swimming pool, complimentary for guests. There’s also complimentary wi-fi (but just on the hotel lobby). All in all, if you prefer a self catering stay while travelling in family – avoiding expensive Copenhagen restaurants and being in better control of your schedule -, this is indeed a very good option. There’s a budget supermarket just around the corner where you can buy everything you need to prepare your meals.
The main negative on this hotel is location. You are off Copenhagen center and it will take you a good 30 min walk to get to central Copenhagen. There’s a bus stopping nearby – every 20 min. There’s also a train station about 15 min away. Bus and train can take you directly to the center.
Then there are a number of minor issues that might, or might not, impact your stay (depends on your sensitivity to the different issues). Several train lines run on the back of the hotel. These are busy train lines and you have to count with a continuum of trains passing. It wasn’t a problem for me, but if you have light sleep you should be prepared. The room internet is paid (annoying given the rate you are paying). The apartment floors are carpeted – we have a preference for wooden floors and that’s what you expect in Scandinavia!
Finally, the apartment was very expensive. It’s true that this is Copenhagen and you also pay for space – we had plenty. I have tried initially using well known apartment booking sites like the Danish Hay4you and airbnb but was not successful – found sheer incompetent staff on Hay4you and systematically non updated availability schedules on airbnb.
Copenhagen is a pleasant city and it’s very nice to stroll the waterfront and the multiple canals. Don’t miss the view from the spiraled tower of the Church of Our Saviour in Christihavn. In Copenhagen with kids, you shouldn’t miss the Tivoli gardens – even if you are without kids! But my highlight from this Copenhagen extended weekend was the pre-historic section of the National Museum. Outstanding and very well exposed pieces from the early history of what is now Denmark (until 1050AD).
We had breakfast and dinner on the apartment. For lunch, we had meals close to the city center to better use the available time to visit Copenhagen. We enjoyed a nice brunch on a sunny morning at Café Europa 1989 close to Hojbro Square.
If returning to Copenhagen I would consider again Adina Apartment Hotel. But would try to get a cheaper rate!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adina Apartment Hotel Copenhagen is located just minutes from the centre of this beautiful, edgy city. Discover why the Danes enjoy such a high quality of life by exploring everything its picturesque cobblestoned streets have to offer, from the cutting edge design scene to the long list of exceptional restaurants. Most importantly, don’t forget to seek out your own slice of hygge while you’re here. Put simply, this is the pursuit of everything good and cosy in the world: hot chocolate by the fire or a glass of red in your warm, fluffy bathrobe is mandatory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Adina Apartment Hotels Copenhagen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartment Copenhagen
- Adina Apartment Copenhagen
- Copenhagen Adina Apartment Hotel
- Adina Copenhagen