“Great place to rest” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 114 Hotels in Copenhagen
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Great place to rest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Great staff with a sense of humour! Located away from the centre but close enough possible to walk but we used the bus (26) or train/tube.
The apartments were both clean and roomy. We had the studio and was offered an upgrade but declined due to the cost.The fridge was handy as we bought our breakfast from the local Netto store which saved us a few Krona.
We found the Amerika restaurant a little expensive for us and didn't try the pizza opposite the hotel.
The pool spa and sauna well stocked with towels the sauna suitable for a couple only.
Never used the gym but it was well stocked with equipment.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 518 on the 5th floor. There were plenty of hotels in the centre of Copenhagen but...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank GOG69
E G, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotels Copenhagen, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for taking your time to write on tripadvisor.

I am pleased to hear you had a great stay and hope we can accommodate you another time.

Adina Hotel Copenhagen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

We spent 2 nights here and wish we had our entire trip at this hotel. The rest of the trip was a business conference.
We first booked on Expedia, then Adina said they would match that rate! They did and we got
upgraded to a 2 room suite! What a large bathroom and a nice sitting area. The staff was very pleasant. The rooms were quiet ( we were on the corner) and clean. We easily walked the short
distance from the train station. Actually, we walked all over Copenhagen from the Adina Hotel.
We when travel again, I will look an Adina Hotel again! The location was safe and clean.
We did breakfast on our own. There is a market in the same building and a very good bakery in the next building.

1 Thank runningingoregon
Thank you so much for your review.

We hope that you will come and visit us again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here twice during both before and after a cruise which departed from Copenhagen. It is so great to have a clean modern place to stay where you feel like you are at home. The convenience of a kitchen means that you can choose whether or not you eat out at night, and having a washer and dryer meant that we didn't have to spend valuable sightseeing time in a laundromat.
The staff are very friendly and helpful and offer assistance with directions and transport options.
Even though the hotel is not right in the centre of the city, public transport is very close and frequent and if you are cruising like we did, the hotel is reasonably close to both of the departure ports. We would definitately stay here again. Greg and Neil

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Greg B
Dear Greg & Neil,

Thank you so much for your review.

We hope an look forward to welcome you again to Adina Hotel Copenhagen

Haifa, Israel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Adina Copenhagen is a very modernly decorated apartment hotel. We booked for two night in a studio.

Location: well...it's complicated. There's a good side and a bad side.
The bad side is that the closet station is the Østerport station. It's about 10 min. walk to/from the hotel. In a sunny day with a backpack - that's fine. But under heavy showers with lots of luggage this could be a very frustrating walk. Another thing is that the station has three exits and unless you find someone who knows this hotel, no one can guide you through to the right exit. The good thing is the hotel located a few steps from the harbor and the harbor (that's where the little mermaid statue is located) connects you to many of the famous attractions of Copenhagen, the Strøget car free zone and the Palace.

Service: the reception staff was very friendly. The pool guy was very rude (we're still not sure if it was the pool guy or the pool cleaner). We arrived almost an hour before pool closes and he was anything but happy to see us.

Room and cleanliness: large room with a balcony. Modern decoration is everywhere. In our room there were an electric kettle, iron and ironing board, CD player, well equipped kitchen and a nice but a bit jumpy bed. Our room supposed to include a washer and a dryer but it didn't. We're not the people that argue about the room we get, so we decided to leave it that way. Another strange thing was that our room was a non-smoking one, but in our balcony there was an ashtray.

Breakfast: one of the few reasons we booked at this this hotel was the good reviews about the breakfast. This is very weird! The breakfast buffet was really poor and didn't justify it's price. Every kind of coffee other than the drip coffee served to table require extra payment. I thought espresso is a standard nowadays.

Price: OVERPRICED.

To make is simple: good hotel, nice location, bad breakfast, overpriced.

Room Tip: Rooms located in the south have the view of the neighboring building. Say bye bye to privacy or just...
1 Thank Haifanic
Dear,

Thank you so much for taking your time to write on tripadvisor.

In our studio´s we do not have any washing machine or dryer, but in all our one bedrooms, is this in the bathrooms. Therefore I really would like to find out if we had made a mistake in giving you a wrong room compared to your reservation.

Could you please write to me so we can make up if we have made a mistake.

Fair Lawn, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for one night prior to flying back home from Copenhagen. There was a booking discrepancy at check in – I know I booked a room with a washer and dryer (it was actually the only reason I booked the hotel), but the front desk said that I had not and the only confirmation I had online did not show the room type. Although an inconvenience, this is not the reason for the negative review. The response I received is the purpose of this review.

The front desk staff were so rude to me regarding this discrepancy that I almost couldn’t believe what I was hearing. All I said is that I know I booked a room with a washer and dryer, then the staff raised their voices and continually told me over and over that their system does not make mistakes and that I am wrong. The tone of the voice is what bothered me the most. After a few minutes of listening to raised voices, I simply asked the front desk why in the world are they yelling at me.

I was “upgraded” to a room with a washer and dryer. The room was okay, with the exception of our bathroom smelling like sewage.

My mom and I visited the pool area. While walking through the locker room, my mom slipped and fell due to an excessive amount of water build up (I understand that it was close to a pool, but the area was completely flooded).

There are many other better options in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank NJ_traveler_028
E G, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotels Copenhagen, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Mrs,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review on tripadvisor.

I really would like to investigate your complaint, could you please sent me your name or reservations nr, so I can check where the mistake have been and I can talk to my team.

egrimsehl@adina.eu
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Good points - its a trendy apartment, with a living room/dining/kitchen, all equiped with facilities, office desk, fridge and washing machine etc. The seperate bedroom is fairly large with a good storage, v comfy beds and a safe. It reminds me of an apartment in Canary Wharf, London. Looks all v new.

To think about: its a 20 - 25 min walk into town/city. So maybe a walk in and a taxi home (110Kr). Although getting here from airport is super easy, one train, and 3 stops after central station. And a 800m walk from the station.

Overall: impressed.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
E G, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotels Copenhagen, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Thank you for your review, its a great comparison for the location.

Hope you will visit one of the Adina Hotels in Europe again.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

I gave this a four just for location--everything else about the Adina was terrific. We stayed in a hotel in old towne but it was noisy and dingy. Because we had already stayed in an Adina, we moved to the Adina in Copenhagen. Pleasantly decorated, really nice staff but it was a long walk to the places we wanted to visit--museums, restaurants. Still I would recommend it--relaxing and well maintained.

Dear Leslie,

Thank you for your great review here at tripadvisor, I hope we can welcome you another time.