“Rude front desk. Stay at a different hotel.”

Adina Apartment Hotel Copenhagen
Ranked #9 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for one night prior to flying back home from Copenhagen. There was a booking discrepancy at check in – I know I booked a room with a washer and dryer (it was actually the only reason I booked the hotel), but the front desk said that I had not and the only confirmation I had online did not show the room type. Although an inconvenience, this is not the reason for the negative review. The response I received is the purpose of this review.

The front desk staff were so rude to me regarding this discrepancy that I almost couldn’t believe what I was hearing. All I said is that I know I booked a room with a washer and dryer, then the staff raised their voices and continually told me over and over that their system does not make mistakes and that I am wrong. The tone of the voice is what bothered me the most. After a few minutes of listening to raised voices, I simply asked the front desk why in the world are they yelling at me.

I was “upgraded” to a room with a washer and dryer. The room was okay, with the exception of our bathroom smelling like sewage.

My mom and I visited the pool area. While walking through the locker room, my mom slipped and fell due to an excessive amount of water build up (I understand that it was close to a pool, but the area was completely flooded).

There are many other better options in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank NJ_traveler_028
E G, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear Mrs,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review on tripadvisor.

I really would like to investigate your complaint, could you please sent me your name or reservations nr, so I can check where the mistake have been and I can talk to my team.

egrimsehl@adina.eu

There are newer reviews for Adina Apartment Hotel Copenhagen

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Good points - its a trendy apartment, with a living room/dining/kitchen, all equiped with facilities, office desk, fridge and washing machine etc. The seperate bedroom is fairly large with a good storage, v comfy beds and a safe. It reminds me of an apartment in Canary Wharf, London. Looks all v new.

To think about: its a 20 - 25 min walk into town/city. So maybe a walk in and a taxi home (110Kr). Although getting here from airport is super easy, one train, and 3 stops after central station. And a 800m walk from the station.

Overall: impressed.

• Stayed: September 2012
E G, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Thank you for your review, its a great comparison for the location.

Hope you will visit one of the Adina Hotels in Europe again.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I gave this a four just for location--everything else about the Adina was terrific. We stayed in a hotel in old towne but it was noisy and dingy. Because we had already stayed in an Adina, we moved to the Adina in Copenhagen. Pleasantly decorated, really nice staff but it was a long walk to the places we wanted to visit--museums, restaurants. Still I would recommend it--relaxing and well maintained.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Leslie,

Thank you for your great review here at tripadvisor, I hope we can welcome you another time.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was my first experience in an hotel apartment and it certainly wont be my last. I found the facilities at the Adina very good and the food was superb although the bar does close early. Our one bed apartment room was spacious with plenty of storage space in the lounge and bedroom. The pool and changing facilities were good as was the Jacuzzi etc. The only downside is that it is a little out of the main city area although only a 5/10 min train ride back into town if you dont want to walk too far. I would stay there again and certainly look for this brand when visiting other cities in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JackieH21
E G, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear,

Thank you so much for your review.

In Europe we have 6 Adina Hotels in Hamburg, Berlin, Frankfurt and Budapest, hope you will visit one of the hotels.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Overall this is a great hotel. It comes highly recommended from other reviewers and I saw a little sign announcing it was a TripAdvisor 2012 winner. Think 4 star hotel that delivers in terms of comfortable and stylish rooms and helpful friendly service. My only main gripe is that it really was a fair haul to the town centre. Over 3 days it got me quite fit. The location is isolated though nice in being near the docks and close to the amazing old city fort and the much over-rated Little Mermaid. To be fair, there is a handy bus route (26) that takes you right to town and the railway station is 1 km away. The plus side of being out there is that it is doubtless quieter. Restaurants (besides the hotel and Italian opposite) are a fair hike into town. A bakery is right next door and a sort of supermarket (more bulk buy than normal) is next door.

My main gripes with hotels are always about noise. I'm pleased to say this is the first hotel I have ever stayed in that had fully insulated doors, windows and thick brick/concrete walls. It was so good that you couldn't even hear people in the corridor and the usual horrible slamming of doors. That said, it is near the train line and the side of the hotel I was on you did hear the train screeching and banging all night even through the amazing double glazing. It was fine for me though and I slept well. Other pluses were the nice balcony where you could have a Danish pastry and watch the world go by.

The room itself was spacious, bathroom and shower were fine though you did have to wait a whole 5 minutes for hot water to come through. Cleaning was good. Pillows were typical of Scandanavia - half the size to what we are used to in Australia, UK and USA. I didn't sleep well on those.

Lastly, the kitchenette seemed good but was extremely limited in primarily not having a cooktop or oven. There was only a microwave. I don't know if all rooms are like this but would make serious enquiries if you intended to stay a while and self cater. Coffee plunger was great!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Pezoporus

Dear,

Thank you for your review.

You have stayed in one of our studio´s which are more limited in the kitchenette, compare to our one & two bedroom which are fully equipped, oven, stove, microoven & dishwasher.

Hope you will come and visit Adina Hotels again.

Best regards

Reviewed September 15, 2012

The Adina Apartment Hotel in Copenhagen is absolutely fantastic. I believe that I enjoyed staying at Adina more than I would have enjoyed staying at a 4 or 5 star hotel. Excellent beds, clean, full kitchen, store nearby, nice pool, sauna, deck, great staff, etc. The stop for the Hop-On Hop-Off bus is nearby for a tour of the city. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robert L

Dear Robert,

Thank you so much for your review.

We do aim to give guest the experience of a 4 star hotel just with much bigger rooms with more possibilities and comfort.

Hope to welcome you again in the hotel

Reviewed September 15, 2012

This was a very clean appartment hotel but a bit far from the city center.
This meant that we had to do a lot of walking every day, but not
so nice if the weather is bad.
The reception was kind but the restaurant and bar closed at 9.30!
The room on the fourth flor was quiet, and it's better at the back
where u cannot hear the train.
The matress was not good, very soft and that was not appropriate
for a good night sleep. Also the single duvet was really tiny!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Effie,

Thank you for your review.

In regards to the beds I think that is very personally, some like the beds very hard and other more soft. The duvets are very traditional danish way of sleeping with your own duvet.

I hope we can welcome you again here in the hotel and please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.

Best regards