“Bad hotel”
Review of Hotel Loeven

Hotel Loeven
Ranked #93 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed June 22, 2010

when ı arrived to hotel ıt was closed and i opened 10 oclock .so ı did not sleep in hotel but they charged that night from me.and they did not give me any explanation.when ı looked to room it was very dirty.in kitchen very smal and there is no open window.they re using ther smoking area.kitchen was smeling bad and dirty..
reception is not polite and also not know any information that asked question.
their web site and anywhere else not any information hotel is closed night time...

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank yilmaz_elife
There are newer reviews for Hotel Loeven

Reviewed June 21, 2010

I made a reservation for 2 nights from Loeven Hotel via Hostelbookers. Hostelbookers webside informes that we have to contact for late check in. So I send an e mail to the Hotel and informed them our late check in. When I arrived the Hotel at 3:30 a.m. There was nobody there. Also I called them via telephone. There was no answer. We had to wait for opening with our luggage until 10:00 a.m. It was unbeliaveable. Then we wanted to pay only 1 night , but the staff did not accept. Also they were so rude. After staff's bad behaviour. We had to canceled our reservation and went to another hotel. However after a few days Hotel Loeven debited my credit card for no show. I contacted to Hostelbookers and Hotel Loeven, but I could not get money back.

I never recommend Hotel Loeven to anybody...

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank mugeg
Reviewed March 24, 2010

Travelled to Copenhagen on 20 March for an overnight stay with 29 other people. The hotel is super easy to find from the Central Train Station. It is an easy walk to the Hard Rock Cafe and to the Stroget shopping street. The location was just fine with some 7-11's nearby to grab some snacks & breakfast. We had five rooms with five beds and one room with four beds. All of the rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable, some of the pillows were worse for wear. However please try not to get the rooms in the back corner on the second and third floors (#228 and #328). These were directly over a nightclub and the members of my group that stayed in those rooms were up all night long listening to the club music and people screaming. I stayed in a room on the 5th floor and could hear the club a bit, so I can't imagine what they went through. The bathrooms in the rooms are small, but for a one or two night stay they are just fine. There is a small refrigerator and wardrobe in the rooms. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed February 9, 2010

During the UNFCC meetings, hotel rooms in Copenhagen were very scarce. I was fortunate to find a single in the Loeven at 50 euro a night. The listing was honest -- the room was described as very small, with a bathroom on the hallway. This was probably the worst room in the hotel. The proprietor apologized on check in and indicated that nothing better was available. A friend who stayed there had a better experience. Your mileage may vary. I suspect that your experience will be far better than mine.
Hint: Cash up front on check in. Get your Danish Kroner before going to the hotel.

Location: Very convenient, on a nice street proximate to the central railway station and numerous restaurants.
Hint: The front door is not clearly marked. Make sure that you have the address. Ring the buzzer for Loeven.
Hints: No need to opt for the in house breakfast – plenty of options in the area.
Hint: You should use the wonderful public transport in Copenhagen.

Room: Very small with just enough space for a narrow bed, very small table, tiny desk. Hooks on the back of the door for hanging clothing, with no other space. Needed to unplug the desk lamp to free up an electric outlet. The bed linens provided were clean. You make up your own bed.
Hint: Bring an extension cord with multiple sockets if you have a cellphone, computer and other devices.

Bathroom: This was a small room down the hallway. Small sink, toilet, hand shower head without separate shower area, hook for clothing. The shower directed water onto the floor by the sink, with some spray onto the toilet and clothing. A previous occupant had left her underwear in the bathroom. It was there when I arrived and it was there when I left.
Hint: The bathroom was not heated. If you are visiting during the winter, prop the door open 20 minutes before using the room to allow heat from the hallway to warm the room.
Hint: Bring a robe and flip flops. You will need them.

Service: The owners were helpful in offering advice on how to get about and what to see. No wakeup calls or the like with no phones in the room.

Do I recommend this hotel? I do not recommend the room and bathroom that I was assigned. However, I do recommend the hotel as a whole, on the assumption that every other room would be better, that the owners were honest, and that their website provided fair warning on the lousy room and terrible bathroom that I was assigned.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank aversetospam
Reviewed December 1, 2009

Overall I liked the hotel, it served its point, we were only in Copenhagen for 1 night.

Its a pretty basic hotel.
We got a double room with en-suite bathroom - recommended.
The rooms are minimally furnished, no TV. There is a fridge and cupcoard.
Bathroom was small (kind of an all-in-one) - like having a toilet and basin in your shower. It was clean and no issues with that.

Service was excellent, very helpful. We got there early and were able to check in as the room was available. Check out was also lenient which is also a bonus.

The receoption is on the 1st floor. We stayed in the very first room (129) - I wouldn't recommend it as it is very noisy as everyone has to walk past the room and the floor boards make a big noise.

Location was perfect - its on the main drag not too far from places to eat and drink.

Good value for money considering Copenhagen is quick expensive in general - we paid about £70 for the night.

Overall recommended. Its basic accomodation that serves its purpose.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 1, 2009

We stayed at Hotel Loeven for 2 nights in a triple room. We were a party of 2 adults and 2 children. They provided a travel cot for our baby free of charge. We pre-arranged this my emailing the hotel direct after we had made the reservation. They were extremely friendly and accomodating, replying immediately to our request.

The rooms were nothing fancy but were clean, bright and functional. There was plenty of room, even with 4 of us in the room and the extra space needed for the travel cot. The linen is supplied but you have to make up the beds yourself.

If you are coming from the airport, take the metro to Norreport and then an S Train to Central station. It is a very short walk from central station. Along the route from the station is a 7-Eleven and also a larger supermarket which was handy for drinks / snacks and picnic lunches. There was a fridge in the room which was useful to store a few things for our stay. There was a small kitchen in the hotel, but we didn't actually use it so I can't comment.

The area is not the best (often the case near a central station) but it is convenient. It is very close to Tivoli Gardens and the Town Hall. We caught the metro to Rosenberg and Amilienberg castles because we had kids, but a couple could walk the distance.

Our room had double glazing so shielded the noise from the outside street. Both our children were able to sleep soundly.

The staff were very welcoming on arrival. We paid with cash. there is a surcharge if you pay with credit card. We arrived at 10 am and were able to check into our room immediately.

On our last day, we left our baggage in reception whilst we toured around. It was secure and staff were accomodating with this. All in all, after a very thorough trawl of the web to find suitable accomodation, we found Hotel Loeven to be well priced, a convenient location and clean. Hotels and even hostels in Copenhagen are expensive. We would stay there again if we visited.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank highburychampion
Reviewed July 27, 2009

This is a very nice and clean, good service hotel. Very personal service. We needed an doctor and the lady in charge found one really good one in record time and our holiday was rescued and thankfully my wife was better. Extremely highly recommemded place and we will for sure use it again when the time and opportunity rises.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Copenhagen
Saga Hotel
#54 of 118 in Copenhagen
Copenhagen Star Hotel
Copenhagen Star Hotel
#67 of 118 in Copenhagen

Been to Hotel Loeven? Share your experiences!