“Nice place”

Ranked #96 of 117 Hotels in Copenhagen
Horsens, Denmark
“Nice place”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Hotel Loeven is very close to the railway, parking houses and shopping. Tivoli and the Zoo is nearby.
I can recommend the wietnamese restaurant LeLe just around the corner.
Fridge at the room.
Friendly and helpfull staff.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Gonzo1000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

It's well located but I expected much more. They didn't provide any soap or shampoo. Breakfast not included but there was a little fridge in the room (not minibar).

Our room was literally next to a church, the bells were very loud and woke me every time.

I've stayed at hostels with better standard than this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014
Albury, Australia
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I may have been expecting too much from this property when I booked. It is only about five minutes walking from the main rail station and in the centre of the city. There are very good supermarkets just up the road and most of the tourist sites are within walking distance.
The staff are very friendly and make you welcome when you arrive.
It is the little things that are missing which add up to create a slight negative feel in this Hotel.
On checking in you are asked to pay the full room charge up front and if you use a foreign credit card there is a 3% surcharge.
We were told that there is a communal kitchen area with free tea and coffee, but later found out that milk is not provided. There is a lift which delivers you to the landing between floors.
The rooms are far from large and do not provide any extras, no TV but we did have refrigerator.
The bathroom is extremely small where one can use all of the facilities from the same position.
Whilst the windows are double glazed and therefore reasonably sound proofed the walls are pretty thin so noises from neighbouring rooms carry.

All in all the Hotel is showing signs of being well used and gives the impression of a hostel rather than a hotel. Still, for a couple of nights stay in the centre of a city like Copenhagen we were willing to accept the conditions as in reality one does not spend a lot of time in your room when plying tourist. The room and bed were clean and ear plugs helped us sleep soundly.

Room Tip: Upper rooms are advised to get away from street noise and overhead movement
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alan C

Travelers are raving about these Copenhagen hotels

Blonduos, Iceland
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Me and my wife have stayed there a few times. Well situated, clean and excellent staff. We had spacious rooms and will stay there again if we travel to Copehagen.
I have stayd there twice and my wife three times.
Good grocery store close by and a short walk to "Ströget" the shopping street, the Tivoli and the Central Train Station.
Overall - great value for your money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vilhjalmur S
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I spent there 1 night, I needed only a bed for few hours and this hotel was perfect for this: close to the city center and cheap. I booked single bed room (unfortunately, toilet was on the corridor) but the walls are thin enough to hear noisy, drunk girls from the room 2 or 3 from mine.
I don;t think that there is any proper kitchen in the hotel but I was keep to explore the city anyway so it was not bother me at all. I was quite happy the hotel :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Loven Hotel is in a great location with friendly staff. The room itself is ok for a budget hotel.

The bad things are that the beds are uncomfortable and the hotel is sooo noisy with its wooden floors.

If you want comfort and a quiet atmosphere, this isn't the place. It's definitely more of a hostel than hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Vaasa, Finland
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I was one of the several unlucky people that got stranded in Copenhagen due to the storm they called Bodil. The airline refused to book a hotel for me, and after calling 15 hotels without any lucky with scoring a room, I finally got a room at the Loeven. The location is great (close to the central station and not too far away from Strøget) but the hotel itself is more of a hostel type of accommodation. At arrival I was asked if I want a rom with its own bathroom and toilet. I cannot remover ever staying at a hotel with a shared bathroom, this was something I have only come across at hostels. At arrival in the room I cannot say I was pleasantly surprised as everything was a bit shabby with cracks in the ceiling and with me having to make my own bed. At that point he only thing I cared about was to get some sleep but in the morning they came knocking at the door already at 10 AM telling me it was checkout time. No breakfast but wifi is included. I would not choose this as my hotel if I was visiting Copenhagen for a holiday. There are much nicer hotels for not much more.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Copenhagen
Saga Hotel
#52 of 117 in Copenhagen
Hotel Astoria
Hotel Astoria
#86 of 117 in Copenhagen

Been to Hotel Loeven? Share your experiences!