The B&B's owner is not a professional manager and unfortunately, it shows. I usually like staying in guesthouses but this was not a good experience
1. The B&B is suppose to open at 2pm (or whatever time was written on the confirmation) but instead I waited for 45 minutes until his neighbor invites me to leave my suitcase in his flat. The owner does not apologize and refused to take responsibility. Apparently, it's my fault for assuming that 2pm means 2pm. I called the telephone number while waiting but of course, no one answered. Perhaps they should put their mobile number if they will be out and about.
2. They have a booklet of rules- such as limiting showers to 10 minutes and not rolling your suitcase on their floors. I have never seen a list this long at a hotel. They even cite examples of guests who had the nerve to take showers that are too long. It's worse than living with your parents. I don't take long baths myself but why shouldn't guests be allowed to spend 25 minutes in the shower if they wish to at night? Maybe they should make the rules available before you book so guests can decide if they can pass the bar before they book
About a week later, the owner apologizes to my friend by email over the incident (when he refused to apologize for not being there when the B&B was suppose to be open) but it's too late since he had already ruined my time in Copenhagen. If I had been travelling alone, I would have left without staying one night in that place.
3. The family's children also wake up in the morning and run around so if you like to sleep in, this might not be possible. We had full schedules so it was not a problem but it might be for others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family-friendly downtown B&B that is located in Copenhagen city center, next to City Hall Square, Tivoli and many attractions of downtown. Copenhagen International B&B offers more than what you need in basic accommodation. Our rooms are probably the largest rooms you can get for your money in Copenhagen city center. We require a minimum stay of 2 nights. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Copenhagen International Hotel Copenhagen
- Copenhagen International Bed And Breakfast