“Excellent stay on an offer through Secret Escapes”

Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen
Ranked #8 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Excellent stay on an offer through Secret Escapes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

This is a nice hotel - compared with other Copenhagen hotels I've stayed in, the room was large and well equipped. Everywhere is very clean. The bike hire from the hotel is brilliant. The organic buffet breakfasts are wonderful. I booked through Secret Escapes and so for the price I paid, the hotel was excellent value. I think if I had paid the full advertised price I would have been a little disappointed - although the hotel is very good, it is not quite up to the standard of a luxury £300 per night room that I would expect. So if you pay less than £300 you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: My room overlooked the courtyard, nice view and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Jude B
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Jude B

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. I am sure that others in the TripAdvisor community will appreciate it.

I am pleased to read that you were pleased with you stay, and that you enjoyed Copenhagen.

Have a pleasant summer.

Nikolas HALL - Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

My wife and I stayed for four nights on the second floor - the staff was incredibly friendly and gave us plenty of recommendations and assistance. Our room (205) was clean and quiet, but a bit small in size. The bathroom had a tub with a handle sprayer (not a real shower) which was a little unexpected, and the bed was actually two smaller mattresses pushed together. Other than those quirks, my wife and I had a great stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear ccheslak

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.

I am sure that other users of TripAdvisor will appreciate your first hand opinion.

I am pleased to read that in general we contributed to a good trip to Copenhagen.

United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Pros:
+Clean rooms
+Amazing shower

Cons:
-seems more like a very fancy hostel than a hotel
-is further from the train station than advertised
-room facing the street was noisy

Overall, our stay at Bertrams was fine. Had the cost been less per night we would have rated it higher as it was clean and comfortable. However, it seemed very overpriced for what it was as the rooms are small and very plain and the location was a little further out than advertised.

Room Tip: There is an added charge for credit cards so plan to pay cash or use a debit card. Also good to req...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Stacey W

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.

I am pleased that you were overall pleased with your stay with us, however I feel compelled to comment your review.
- our distance from the station has, and always will be, roughly 1 kilometer from the station, and we do not advertise otherwise.
- our rates reflect the value of the product & services being purchased, the demand and supply for the city, and are comparable for similar properties for any given period.
- we levi a credit card charge for all credit card transactions. This is the exact amount the card processing company charges us. This information is provided on our website, and readily available when you check in.

I hope you that your trip to Copenhagen was otherwise pleasant.

Oak Brook, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for a week for business. The staff was very personable and helpful with directions, taxis and anything else that you needed. The breakfast was wonderful and fresh. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated, the bed was very comfortable. They have a nice courtyard to sit outside and enjoy the lovely weather. I was very content staying at this lovely hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear JanP-MCD

I much appreciate the time you have taken to post a review of your recent stay with us, and I am sure that other TripAdvisor users will also appreciate your review.

I am pleased to conclude that your trip to Copenhagen was successful, and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Have a pleasant summer.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

In a very convenient location and with lovely comfortable rooms and a great breakfast, I would recommend this hotel to any first time visitor to Copenhagen. Nikolas and the rest of the staff are friendly, very helpful and knowledgable about the area and what to visit. The purchase of a Copenhagen card was a good decision and so we used the public transport extensively. It is a very easy city to get around and everyone is so helpful and friendly to English speaking tourists. Restaurants around the hotel are many and varied and Nikolas was kind enough to do bookings for us.
We had rooms at the back of the hotel which were nice and quiet. The only improvements would be a kettle for making tea and a box of tissues.

Room Tip: Rooms with a balcony are at the back of the hotel and therefore quieter.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear JetLaggedMaureen

It was with pleasure that I read your review of your recent stay with us.

I am pleased that the advice provided both with regards to dining, and visiting sites in the city we exactly what you seemed. This task is a challenging one, but we do our utmost to narrow it down for you.

Hope you had a safe journey home, and would like to wish you and the family a wonderful summer.

Lidkoping, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

The staff is great and breakfast was really good! The hotel has a small backyard where you can relax with a glass of good wine after you have been all around Copenhagen shopping. The room were not so big but kind of romantic!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Torbjorn12

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.

Great to hear that you relaxed with a glass of wine in our garden.

Hope to host you again.

Have a great summer.

Landskrona, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

I stayed at Bertrams with my girlfriend for one night. We had a nice time and we liked the hotel. The breakfast was also great. We asked the staff for sushi restaurants and was very satisfied with the tips that she gave us. I would absolutely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Mariatheresak10

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am sure that other users of this site will appreciate your input.

Vesterbro does offer a multitude of choices when it comes to dining, and I am pleased that the suggestion made by my staff fulfilled your criteria.

Have a great summer.