“Everything Excellent”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Everything Excellent”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night in October 2013. The service was great, the rooms were well appointed, comfortable and had everything we needed. The hotel's recommendations for cafes etc were great. The hotel is also located in a pretty central area - within walking distance to Tivoli gardens and the train to the airport.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Dear ElizabethAmy

I thank you kindly for post a review of your stay with us, despite it being some time ago.... I assume we left a lasting memory.

I am pleased to conclude that we lived up to your expectations, and that your trip to Copenhagen was good.

Wishing you a pleasant summer.....sorry winter (you are down under).

Nikolas HALL - Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
kent engalnd
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Staff were helpful. Did not try the breakfast as too expensive but went into a 7/11 shop where we got croissants and coffee at a reasonable price. The problem for me is I am a light sleeper and the traffic was far too noisy. We could not open our windows because of the noise,so our room was far too hot. The room was sufficient but could do with a little bit of updating. No tea/coffee facilities. Maybe if we had stayed in one of the rooms at the back, it would have been better.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear lin h

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I much appreciate the compliments of our service, and accept the criticism of our facilities.

I hope that your trip to Copenhagen was otherwise fruitful and would like to wish you a pleasant summer.

Washington
Reviewed June 2, 2014

The desk personnel at this hotel could not be more helpful. They provided
advice on everything -- walking tours, where to eat.

But the physical plant had problems. You go up a tiny elevator to a fifth-floor
room, one that is fairly sparse. And then -- wait until you see the bathroom.
A tiny shower, without even a ledge or anything else to place soap or
shampoo or a comb -- nope, you have to put them on the wet floor.
And the shower attachment doesn't even work -- the attachment is so loose
that it, too, falls off to the floor. Really, for close to $200 a night, even in
expensive Copenhagen, you can do better than this.

1 Thank JamesMWashington
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear JamesMWashington

Thank you so much for posting a review of your recent stay with us. Myself, my staff and other TripAdvisor users much appreciate your feedback.

I am pleased to hear that the level of service provided met your expectations. I appreciate your critique of our physical facilities. General upkeep is an area I am focused on, and I will be discussing the points you have made with our housekeeps, ensuring that they provide better feedback on defects and broken items. Kindly accept my apologies for this lack.

I hope that your trip to Copenhagen was otherwise pleasant, and would like to wish you a wonderful summer.

Nikolas HALL - owner
Rome, Italy
Reviewed June 2, 2014

The staff was very helpful and breakfast superior. We liked you could see them making the breakfast.
The room where a bit small but interior was good quality.

All in all a very nice hotel - you will enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: We had room by the stairs and we did not hear anything loud.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Pixiendk
Dear Pixiendk

Thank you ever so much for your kind review. I much appreciate the time you have used to do so, and I am sure that other TripAdvisor will do the same.

Your review expresses what we believe in - good old fashioned hospitality.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Such easy access to everywhere with the delight of not having to be in the tourist area - the hotel is both stylish and relaxed in design. The bed was really comfortable and we were at the back and heard nothing all night and that was over a Friday and Saturday night. The breakfast as commented by others really was exceptional. What we also highly recommend is that very near is Madsvinet restaurant at which we had the most exciting meal in a long time - Nomo eat your heart out. It was very understated in its position and decor with its soul focus being on an exquisite menu - we opted for three courses forgoing desert so as to have three savoury courses all of very ample portions. It really was the delicious and exciting food that Copenhagen has become renowned for and I hope we manage to replicate it again on our trip.

Room Tip: Sleep at the back and you hear nothing!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Dear Ifzitzigc

Thank you for post a review of your recent stay with us - I much appreciate the time you have used.

I am pleased to conclude from your review that we contributed to a enjoyable weekend, not only with our service and ambience, but our location in vibrant Vesterbro.

Vesterbro does have some real secret gems, as you discovered.

Once again thank you, and I wish a fantastic summer.

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We went to Copenhagen for a long weekend and stayed in Bertrams Guldsmeden for 2 nights. The hotel was very stylish and furnished in a cool, convenient style. The location was 20 mins walking distance from the centre, located on a beautiful street. The room was a bit small but convenient and comfy. The only trouble we had was not being able to take a shower as there was only a bathtub and no shower option. The staff was friendly and service was very well. Last but not least, the kitchen was very cosy and the breakfast delicious. Thanks a lot for everything!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear hilvanusta

Myself and my staff appreciate the time you have taken to provide a review of your recent stay with us. I am sure that other TripAdvisor users will find your review helpful.

We do have a small number of rooms that only have bathtubs ( with a hand held shower), which does not appeal to all. A request for a shower only room can always be made.

I am happy to conclude that our style of good old fashioned hospitality contributed o a great trip to Copenhagen.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Had my second week-long stay at this in a year, and must admit that the staff and services still stands out as something in its own class. Same professional, yet warm and personal service, a bed providing the best sleep I can imagine, topped with an excellent breakfast and a few glasses of wine in the backyard garden. True relaxation after a series of long and demanding workshops during the week.

Selecting hotel for my future visits to Copenhagen seems even easier than before; Bertrams! Bertrams! Bertrams!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear HaraldM

What can I say...... reading your review this morning just warmed my heart.

On behalf of my staff and myself, I would like to thank you for again highlighting why we have as many returning customers as we do. We are not the biggest, we are not the fanciest, we are no more than 3 starred....... but we deliver what I describe as good old fashioned hospitality - a century old formula that works again and again.