Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen
Copenhagen Admiral Hotel(Copenhagen)
$499
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfour poster bedbus stoporganic breakfastboutique hotelcity centresmall balconysmall hotelcentral stationmeatpacking districtcomfy bedbars and restaurantsreception deskyogurtbreakfast roomsuperior roomnikolasbertrand
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We choose this hotel for its location to a family member living in Copenhagen.
I am not sure that this is the best location, it was difficult to know as it was winter and raining most of the time. This is a walking/cycling city and hotel would have been easy to assess all attractions if the weather had of been better.
The couple that run the hotel are delightful and we were able to take meals back to the hotel a couple of nights which was great as a month in restaurants gets tiresome.
The hotel is in a lovely old building with loads of character, I would have loved to have been able to make use of the courtyard garden, again summer would be lovely.
Breakfast was lovely, buffet style- all anyone could want for.
The only drawback was the lift is between floors, hence some lugging is involved. If older clients I would request assistance with baggage

Room Tip: If it was summer I would ask for a balcony room on a higher floor-they overlook the courtyard. I imagine the balcony rooms on the ground floor to not be very private
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank 511sallie
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear 511sallie

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay with us. I am sure that the advice you provided will be useful for other travelers wishing to stay with us.

I am pleased to conclude that you found our hospitality to your liking, and that your stay with us contributed to a great end to your European tour.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Our room was beautiful, modern yet characterful - because the hotel itself is a really old building, but has been updated really sensitively (and has a lift for those who have mobility difficulties). the beds were wonderfully comfortable and staff where all very helpful and friendly. It was within walking distance of the main train station, but was also right by a bus stop, so convenient for getting around - although Vesterbro was good for eateries we found anyway. Would definately recommend and/or stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank stickybeaks
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear stickybeaks

I just saw your latest review, and I am thrilled that you've taken the time to share your thoughts about Bertrams Hotel Guldsmeden with TripAdvisor's travel community.

I'm very glad you enjoyed it. Other travelers will be happy to know it's worthwhile. You have also taken the time to highlight the fact that we are not a purpose built property - thank you.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

My friends and I stayed here the week of Dec 27th! the hotel owner and his brother are amazing! they gave us good tips about our outings, the bars, restaurants, checking how were our outings! always chatting with us - no formalities or distance at all! the staff is amazing, friendly, always smiling and will do their best to please the guests!
The room and bathroom are always perfectly clean, not spacious but good for a couple and warm enough (well it was super cold outside!)!
The hotel is approx 15min walking distance to the train ration and trevi!
Though the hotel is classified as 3stars but the staff and atmosphere makes you feel at home! simply great!

make sure to ask the owner about some bars tips! he's so good!! :))

Room Tip: Rooms with garden view have bigger bathroom (particularly a detached bathtub :))
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Aimee R

Dear Aimee R

My staff and I much appreciate the effort you have taken to share your thoughts with others TripAdvisor users, on your recent stay with us.

It pleases me to see that our recommendations were to your liking - try coming back in the summer when there are fare more options available.

Wishing you a prosperous 2014.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stayed here in December 2013. The staff is excellent and when I asked for a quieter room they found a great room (despite being very very busy) that was very quiet, had its own little balcony and bigger than the first room. The staff is very friendly and will do their best to please, very much appreciated by myself and other customers.
The brunch is fantastic and I can highly recommend this hotel in the heart of Vesterbro, Copenhagen. Just a mere few bus stops from downtown and a hop, skip and a jump from Tivoli, this hotel is a great choice.

Room Tip: I am sure there are many great rooms. I can, as a single traveller, recommend room 106. The rooms not facing Vesterbro are quieter also.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear MissHale

I much appreciate the time that you have taken to share your thoughts of your recent stay with us, on the TripAdvisor community.

Positive feed back, like yours, as well as constructive criticism entail that we can better ourselves and strive to offer a great stay.

Once again thank you.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Bertrams hotel is a three star hotel in the book, but the overall experience feels closer to five stars in several ways. The hotel owner greeted us as friends, and it was our first stay there. He gave us a lot of good information about Copenhagen even before we got the key to our room!

We got a nice room at the back of the hotel looking down on a nice little garden. The room was clean, the nice bathtub with lion feets gave us a feeling of the past, nice design and the large bed was very good with excellent sleep quality.

But if you want a huge flat screen and a noisy air condition this is not your hotel.

If you enjoy Danish design, ecogogic shampoo and soaps, a great bed to relax in, a friendly managment, a pleasant walking distance to the city center and the best breakfast we ever had in a hotel this is the place for you. Even better, the breakfast was totally ecological, and if you would prefer a Single Malt or a fine Calvados in the evening, these were ecological as well!

We can't give five stars totally because if you enter a five star hotel you would expect air condition, a huge flat screen and a close to new hotel. Bertrams is not that, but service, sleeping quality and breakfast are five stars surely.

If we could add one wish it would be that the breakfast was included in the room price, I would rather pay a little more for the room knowing breakfast was included than getting a rather pricy extra bill when leaving.

If we goes back to Copenhagen we know were to stay!

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the street.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank IKandA
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear IKandA

I much appreciate the time you have taken to share your thoughts about your recent stay at the Bertrams Guldsmeden, I am sure that other TripAdvisor users will find them helpful.

Within the hospitality industry there are varied views with regards to what should and should not be included in room rates. We decided sometime back that breakfast should be a non mandatory option, allowing clients to decide wether or not they wish to consume breakfast. The flip side of your point are clients who do not eat breakfast (when included in room rates) who demand a reduced rate.

I pleases me to know that your otherwise enjoyed your stay with us, and my staff and I look forward to wishing you welcome in 2014.