“Cool hotel in even cooler area”

Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen
Ranked #8 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
GreenLeadersBronze level
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Cool hotel in even cooler area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Just back from a fantastic city break and more than impressed with Copenhagen. Hotel situated in quirky part of town giving it a very dynamic feel. 10 minute walk into centre but that's not even necessary as Vestebro has more than enough to offer in terms of bars and restaurants. Hotel staff very helpful and eager to engage in where to go discussions. Highly recommend

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Tony C
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Tony C

I much appreciate the fact that you have taken time to post a review of your recent stay with us.

Have a wonderful summer

Nikolas HALL - owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Lund, Skåne Län, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

So happy to have found this hotel in Copenhagen! We were welcomed by name and even if it appeared that we were the last ones to check in, this was very much appreciated. After a nice chat with owner Nicholas, we went to our garden room which was really nice. Only little minus is that the bathroom got really wet after showering. Service is great (although this is mostly driven by Nicholas, everyone should be like him! :-)) and the breakfast was very yummie, wish I could have tasted everything! Nicholas even booked a lovely restaurant for us in the neighbourhood, which was really good and I will write a review on as well (Les Trois Cochons). I would be happy to come back to this place!

Room Tip: We had a garden room which was very nice and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Carla B
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Carla B

I am really flattered by the review that you have posted covering your recent stay with us. It's all in a good days work, and is part of what myself and my staff are known for - good old fashioned hospitality.

I am please to read that our recommendations were to your liking, and will assume that this is not your last visit to our esteemed city.

Have a great summer.

Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Been there over the Weekend for a City trip and I have to say that I will be back when visiting Copenhagen again.
The Service, the rooms (the bed is great!), the breakfast is top top top!
Many thanks once more to Nikolas and Rodrigo - you made our stay perfect!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sebemig
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear sebemig

I appreciate the time that you have taken to post a review of your recent stay with us.

Like so many before, you compliment myself and my staff for ensuring that your trip to Copenhagen, and stay with us memorable.

I am pleased to read that we will have the pleasure of hosting you again.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I travel two weeks a month for business and stay in a variety of hideously boring / "not up-to-standard of my own home cleanliness" hotels all over Scandinavia, Spain and Portugal and this was a breath of fresh air! Such kind staff, had a great chat withe the friendly gentleman on the front desk he made me feel right at home. Breakfast all organic GOODNESS !! breads yoghurts wholesome just what i crave when travelling away from home.

Location was handy for me driving out to my appointments in Glostrup as it wasn't right in the centre.

I will definitely be booking to stay again! And at under 100EUR and a free double room upgrade it was way under my 150EUR business hotel expense allowance so I could treat myself to a hefty Thai at the organic Wok take-away next door.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Cassandra O
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Cassandra O

I much appreciate the time you have taken to post a review of your recent stay with us.

Your review highlights exactly what are our core philosophy is - good old fashioned hospitality.

I am pleased to learn that you will revisit us, and look forward to hosting you yet again.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is the only hotel I have stayed at in Copenhagen, so I don’t have any local place to compare it to.

However, I believe sincere, courteous service should be available globally. Unfortunately that is not the case here. The guy at reception has an air of aloofness and insincerity. We turned up with two large suitcases. Not once was any offer of assistance made. The entrance to the tiny lift is up a flight of stairs, the same guy watched myself and my girlfriend struggle up the steps hauling our own luggage.

The room was old and claustrophobic the bathroom just adequate. It is located on a main street which is not exactly in the most upmarket end of town.

Obviously I must have different requirements to those who have posted great reviews about this place, I don’t get it.

The whole experience could be described as awkward and unimpressive and the guy at reception should be sent to ‘Hospitality 101’ class.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sakubona
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Sakubona

Thank you for taking the time to highlight your views of your stay with us - back in May 2012.

It surprises me to read that your experience varies so much from others that have stayed with us, and even more so that you wait 1 year to post a review.

I will not make assumptions on your behalf, but 25 years of industry experience leads me to believe that you had expectations which were over and above what we can deliver on, which in turn results in this review.

Should you have required assistance with your seemingly heavy luggage - which seems to be your main issue - you could have requested it. It also leads me to wonder how you got it off the baggage belt at the airport ?

Should you wish to elaborate further on your experience, you are more than welcome to send me an e-mail - the details of which can be found on our website.

I hope that your trip to Copenhagen was otherwise pleasant.

I remain

Verona, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Staff is kind and support you in any requests. Strategic location nearby downtown (you can reach it thorugh bus) and other attractions. We didn't have breakfast because we though was too pricy.(Nearby you can find a great bakery: Musik conditioner). Public spaces are big and comfortable. Overall: great place to stay

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Paolo C
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Cunip

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to conclude that your stay with us lived up to your expectations. The time you have used to post a review so that others can share your experience with us is greatly appreciated.

Once again thank you.

Farnham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

My partner and I have just returned from a weekend in Copenhagen, and we stayed at Bertrams Hotel. The hotel is within walking distance (1km maybe) of the centre of Copenhagen so very convenient. You can catch a bus into the centre if you want to, just outside the hotel, but we always walked in.
We really liked the hotel, and would return - the owner and other staff make you feel at home from the moment you walk in, they are so friendly and welcoming, and speak excellent English.
The decor is lovely, a bit wacky in places, but charming. The smellies in the bathroom are organic, local and natural (and lovely) and the four poster bed we had was amongst the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever slept in, with a lovely duvet/pillows that were like crisp clouds. The shower was great - loads of hot water and powerful.
We had a room facing the courtyard which was quiet - we had booked a street view room, but the hotel "upgraded" us to a courtyard room on arrival (thank you!). The room was fairly compact but it had everything you might need in it. The safe was locked shut when we arrived but that was fixed immediately when we enquired about it.
Now the breakfast......what can I say! I just loved it. The yoghurt is out of this world - thick, creamy with vanilla. A dollop of that with some home made granola, lovely fruit salad, almonds in honey (bliss), my perfect breakfast. Hot items were available (and cold meat/cheese/fish etc) which I did not try but my partner enjoyed these. There was a fabulous selection of bread and rolls also with homemade jams etc.
We had a couple of drinks in the hotel too - the drinks are organic and the wine and beer we drank was delicious.
If you want to stay somewhere a bit different away from the chain hotels, and you want somewhere that is doing its best to be ecologically sound, and organic, then stay here, we are so glad we did.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank king_alfie
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear king_alfie

It is with great pleasure that I read your review, as it is a true reflection of the type of user experience we wish our guests to have.

We pride ourselves in offering good old fashioned hospitality, based on operating with respect for sustainability and an organic lifestyle.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to enlighten other readers, and do hope that we have the opportunity to wish you welcome again.