“Great experience”

Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen
Ranked #8 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The hotel is in the perfect location! The bed was very comfortable, and the entire room was stylish. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our only complaint is we stayed at this hotel Saturday and Sunday, both nights there was tons of noise out on the street which made it hard to sleep. The hotel is also very earth friendly and because of that the towels were a bit scratchy. Overall the hotel was good for the price and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear victoriapenn

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, despite the outdoor activity associated with being in a big city.

I'll hold you to your word, and look forward to wishing you welcome on your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen

Reviewed October 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights late Sept/early Oct. We arrived via the airport, took a train to the city centre and walked about 15 mins to the hotel...all very easy. A lovely small hotel with very stylish decor this was exactly what we wanted. We had a room with balcony to the rear of the hotel which was very nice. The staff were friendly and extremely helpful. We didn't experience any noise issues which you sometimes get with a city hotel - in fact it was pleasantly quiet! We walked everywhere in the City from the hotel. The Vestrobro area provides a number of very nice restaurants/bars within a few minutes stroll. We particularly recommend Cafe 'Bang &Jensen' on Istedgade, a 10 min stroll from the hotel - lovely little bar!! The hotel breakfast charge was a little steep (charged on top of the room rate). However, it was a lovely buffet with plenty of choice which we sampled on two of the mornings. All in all, a very pleasant stay and ideal location for seeing the sights of Copenhagen.

Room Tip: Rear facing rooms have a balcony and were very quiet
2  Thank Get_Buzy_Living
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Dear Get_Buzy_Living

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.

It is always a pleasure to read reviews from travelers willing to explore off the beaten path. The Vesterbro area of Copenhagen is full of surprises like Bang & Jensen.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Very lovely small hotel, but somewhat out of the way. The room was delightful. Be advised of two problems we had. We arrived by car and could not park anywhere near the hotel even to unload our luggage. Second, we were never notified that there would be a hefty extra charge for breakfast (there is nothing about this anywhere in the hotel) until we went to check out. Everywhere else that we stayed in Scandinavia included the buffet breakfast, so we had no idea this would be the case. As Holiday Inn used to say, "The best surprise is no surprise."

Room Tip: Pay extra for the garden room. The hotel is on a busy street.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear daryllynn

You address 2 issues to which I would like to comment:-

We do not have parking directly associated at the property, but do recommend street parking or a nearby garage. This information is readily available on the website, and charges are applicable for both the options. The city of Copenhagen is not particularly car friendly and this can be seen in both the options available and the cost associated.

Our rates do not include breakfast - this is a non mandatory option costing Dkk 140,00 per person daily. Our website clearly indicates that breakfast is an optional charge - as do the third party sites we work with.

I am otherwise pleased to learn that your trip to Copenhagen was to your liking and that we contributed to this.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

The Bertrams Hotel Guldsmeden is an excellent choice for expensive Copenhagen. The people at the desk were very helpful with sightseeing information. There's a bus that stops right in front of the hotel that goes to the center or the city. If you like to walk, it's about 25 minutes to Tivoli Gardens. The rooms are nicely furnished - typically Scandinavian, high quality linens and two side-by-side comforters on the bed - we loved it! The breakfast is excellent - lots of choices for a hearty breakfast before sightseeing!

Room Tip: Get the upgraded room. It faces the back since the hotel is on a busy street!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear joanieh6

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you found utilizing public transport an ease, and that the 1.2 kilometer walk from City Hall was no challenge..

I trust that you thoroughly enjoyed Copenhagen & had a safe journey home.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We were met by Nikolas and he welcomed us to his hotel in a friendly manner. My case was quite heavy and he kindly carried it up to the lift for me. Obviously we had researched the hotels in Copenhagen and chose Bertram's because of its location i.e. not in the city centre. We liked the area and found a lovely bar on the main road behind the hotel. We caught one of the frequent buses a couple of times into the centre but mostly walked as really not too far. We sampled breakfast twice and enjoyed the range and quality of food provided and the soft boiled eggs were excellent. Our room number 408 was an acceptable size with a very comfortable bed, a balcony and a seating area. The only thing I would change would be the positioning of the TV which was situated on the bed side rather than in the seating area but it wasn't a problem. The bathroom was a good size with organic products available. Everywhere was spotlessly clean. We appreciated the provision of a safe. This is a good base for a holiday in Copenhagen.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Teresa S

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.

It pleases me to see that you enjoyed our location - away from the more touristy areas - while still offering a multitude of opportunity. As you also mention, if you want to join the masses - the public bus will take you into the city center.

I have noted your point with regards to the television - however for this particular room type the wall divide is too close to the sofa to make watching television from the sofa a comfortable option.

You seemed to have thoroughly enjoyed Copenhagen, and I hope that myself and the city will have the opportunity to host you on another occasion.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Having read through a number of other reviews, I was intrigued to the owner's responses to them all... so can't wait to read what he has to say to mine???
Basically this is a very nice property, however, the reception I received was less than welcoming
(is that because I am from N. America??). The elevator was broken, and even though I am a senior citizen (maybe you have more respect for the environment that you do for your elders?)
no offer was made to help me with my luggage; fortunately two English guests took pity on me and carried it up to the 4th floor!
I could not get over that any question I asked of the owner was responded to in a most pompous fashion - maybe he was intimated by our English accents!
I thought the room was very nice and well-appointed.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank graciesmum
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Dear graciesmum

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you - prior to your arrival - have taken the time to evaluate our property and it's reviews on this site.

My staff and myself do not discriminate on age, sexual orientation, origin or skin colour, and expect our guests to respect us and our environment in the same manner we do them.

It does however surprise me that you choose to play on the role of an helpless senior citizen, capable of travelling the world. Had you asked for assistance - we would have assisted. You carried your baggage off the conveyor belt at the airport, why should we assume that you require assistance. Assumptions can lead to many a misunderstanding.

Having the English language as my mother tongue gives me no reason to feel intimidated by your english accents. The assumed pomposity of my respons to your questions might have had to do with the manner in which one was questioned - touché madame.

Should you wish to elaborate on this review, please feel free to contact me by e-mail, my details are readily available on the website.

I trust that your Copenhagen trip was otherwise pleasant and that your senior citizen status did not prove to be of great challenges.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

and it is almost like being at home. The owners are friendly and they remember me, they have often been helpful with this or that trouble that frequent travellers like me encounter. The organic breakfast is very good, albeit quite expensive. The lovely courtyard is a pleasure on sunny days, not that there are so many of those in Copenhagen. The rooms are bascially immaculate, good showers, and free internet - all things I appreciate very much. Not actually in the center, more like a good 10 minute walk away - the area is very "ethnic", maybe not the most comfortable street to walk on alone late at night, although I have never been bothered I do know people who have. Plenty of fabulous, cheap, "exotic" restaurants in the area, also an upscale supermarket nearby with some ready-to-eat stuff. The bus stops just outside the hotel. I really do like this place.Do note that the elevator stops between floors - can be annoying with heavy luggage.

Room Tip: I like the "double superior" rooms- with a small balcony - just to get some fresh air - t...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank otdol
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Dear otdol

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your many stays with us.

Your review and like so many before sums up what we are all about. I am happy to see that you point out that we are off the beaten path, but that this is not a hinderance to enjoying some of the many local facits.

Our elevator is a challenge - YES - a not too well thought out installation many years ago that is extremely costly to change. On the positive side it works.

Looking forward to hosting you on your next Copenhagen Trip