“If you wanna feel like home - stay here !”

Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen
Ranked #8 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 30, 2011

I planned a trip to kopenhagen and i found this lovely hotel. It is small, luxuruis, the staff is very nice, the brekfast is fantastic. The owner is at the reception and he has a big heart. I can highly recommend this hotel. the location is perfect - not to far away from the tourtist attractions but far enough from the loudeness. I booked the superior double room which is in the backyard. It is very quiet - the other rooms can be a bit loud due to the fact that in front is a bus station. Hire a bike (at the hotel) and discover kopenhagen ! I am a woman and it was easy for me to find the way back to the hotel. the danish people are really relaxed and very helpful. The hotel has Wifi as complimentary in the room. The lounge music which you here at the reception and the breakfast room is very relaxing. So, take the chance to make your stay at kopenhagen as comfortable as it can. P.S. The hotel has no restaurant, follow the advices of the staff and take a deliciouses dinner by 'WOK' which is 2 steps away. They offers you a 10 % discount if you staying in this hotel. Its worth it !

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Reisegold
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2011

Dear Reisegold

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us.

Like so many other visitors, you point out exactly what we are about - good old fashion service.

Happy to read that you enjoyed Copenhagen, and hope that we gave the pleasure of hosting you again.

Reviewed June 27, 2011

My stay at the Betrams made me feel like back home in Paris, were the true gem is often hidden away.
First of all you are greeted like star from the street, in this up and coming area of Copenhagen similar to SoHo in London. The noise and traffic is slowly turned off and you are in the surrounding of a warm and pleasant environment, with slight music in the background as the door is closed behind you.
I got my room key and was well informed about breakfast, activities and things to do during my stay. Up in the room I was met with more than I have expected. Clean, bright, tasteful room with a wonderful bed, natural products in the bathroom, like I had just returned home.
After conducting business during the day, it was so good to come back home, sit in the beautiful garden in the back of the hotel enjoy a cold ecological beer and reflex over the day.
This place needs to be kept as a secret and only passed over by word of mouth, to your most trusted dear friends. Because you are in for a treat with a host like Nikolas and Adam in wonderful Copenhagen!
Can’t wait to come back and stay with you again soon! Thank you so much Nikolas!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2011

Dear Butlerla

Than you for taking the time to post a review, allowing other readers to get an honest opinion about the Bertrams Hotel Guldsmeden.

Hotel Costes in Copenhagen - is a compliment. The original Hotel Costes in Paris has a reputation that is to envy.

We would like to create a similar reputation in Copenhagen, and are well on our way. Hey Copenhagen was just named one of the best cities to live in by Monocle magazine, and we can certainly contribute to Copenhagen being a great city.

Adam & myself are overly flattered by your compliments, but only did what is natural for us - being good hosts.

I honestly hope that we have the pleasure of hosting you again.

Have a great summer.

Reviewed June 26, 2011

Found this hotel on Google Maps as it was the nearest hotel to the event we were attending. What a pleasant surprise! Can recommend this hotel to everybody who wants something different from boring standard hotels.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank nielsprosch

Dear nielsprosch

Thank you for cementing the fact that we are not a boring standard hotel. We are different yes, unfortunately too many travelers have become use to boring standard hotels. I am in no manner trying to say negative things about my industry colleagues or travelers for that matter.

I am pleased each time some one finds that being different is OK.

Most of our difference lays in the fact that we focus on good old fashion hospitality.

Hope you have a great summer, and we look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed June 20, 2011

We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone needing a place to stay in Copenhagen. We found the hotel off the internet and thought it looked like a nice hotel. When we arrived at the hotel we weren't that impressed with the outside of the building. However, the moment we stepped inside the hotel we were warmly greeted by the hotel staff and we could immediately tell this place was special. We've stayed in many hotels chains with 5star ratings and didn't enjoy them as much as we did the Bertrams Hotel Guldsmeden. The hotel has a "bed and breakfast" feel to it. It's cozy and very clean with nice little touches throughout. The array of breakfast food is artfully displayed and tastes even better than it looks! If you appreciate hotel staff going the extra mile to make your stay as pleasant as possible, we're sure you will enjoy this hotel as much as we did. Our only complaint is that we were only able to stay there one night.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2011

Daar Casey_Bananas

I would like to thank you for posting your review of your recent stay with us. The world is full of surprises, and one of them is my little gem of a hotel in Copenhagen.

Your review, like so many others, sums up what we are about. The service level we have, the ambience that we have created - in other words good old fashioned hospitality.It's not everyone's cup of tea, but for me and my staff it's a winning formula.

Have a great summer in sunny Florida, and I honestly hope our paths cross again.

Reviewed June 18, 2011

Great value hotel in a good part of town. Would recommend to anyone visiting Copenhagen. Comfortable rooms, friendly helpful service, you can't go wrong with this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room faced a quiet courtryard.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bhen
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2011

Dear Bhen

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. Sometimes a few words say it all.

Wishing you and yours a pleasant summer.

Reviewed May 30, 2011

The price was right and from the reviews it seemed like a good choice but the lax "attitude" from the staff was annoying ! With the exception of one super friendly and helpful guy at the front desk the rest of the staff through out the hotel is surly and treats you like they are doing you a favor. The room layout is cramped and the furniture is worn and dingy. The bathtub is big enough for no one over 12 years old comfortably and you could go blind trying to put makeup on in the bathroom, mood lighting is not what I'm looking for before trying to get ready for a business meeting . The bed is way below average, maybe it was organic and I'm missing the point. but staying in a hotel less. comfortable than home is a deal breaker for me. Only a few blocks from the train station has it's advantages but the 3 "ladies of the night" standing in front of the corner shop a few doors down from the hotel at 9:30 at night is not really the kind of ambiance I was hoping for. The breakfast and interior court yard were both great but not enough to get me back for a time 2.

• Stayed: May 2011
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2011

Dear enzobonneau

The "lax attitde" is soemthing that I will have to have a look into, but does not seem to harmonize with the majority of the other feed back that I am getting, which states the opposite. However your point has been taken, and will be addressed.

You utlize the words - dingy, worn, below average - regarding the accommodation that was provided - again this does not seem to harmonize with other feed back, or the level of upkeep placed in the property.

Finally - "ladies" of the night are to my knowledge not operating in this area of Copenhagen - yes in the vicinity of the central station, which is over 1 kilometer away.

I hope you take the opportunity to specify the above by contacting me - my details can be found on the website - in order for me to identify how and where we did not meet your expectations, when we time and time again fulfill those of other guests.

Reviewed May 23, 2011

We just loved this place. Got it off Trip Advisor and would highly recommend to others. It's a bit off the beaten path, perhaps two miles from train station, but easily reachable by bus 6A, in a nice middle class neighborhood that gives another view of Copenhagen. Rooms are charming and spotless, though small. Bathroom is tiny, room only for one at at a time. So take turns! Price is right and staff is unbelievably helpful and friendly. Copenhagen's wonderful on my second trip but I'd come again just to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DMilo46
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2011

Dear DMilo46

Thank you for reassuring other TripAdvisor readers that, we at the Bertrams Hotel Guldsmeden strive to provide simple, but down to earth & hoest hospitality.

We are not the biggest, most flashy or fancy hotel, but aim to provide our clients with a good base to explore Copenhagen, away from the beaten path, but still within reach of central Copenhagen, by bike, bus or walking.

Looking forward to seeing you again.