Copenhagen Strand(Copenhagen)
$201
$155
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $197/night.

$262
$191
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
Copenhagen Marriott Hotel(Copenhagen)
$490
$386
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbudget hotelsdouble bedsmall roomtea and coffeewardrobekettlecheese
Reviewed August 2, 2017 via mobile

They shouldn't be called a hotel.. more like a hostel. And a dirty one. It's overpriced. The room was disgusting, dirty walls and floors. Breafast was very basic.The location is okay. But that's it. They even make you pay for wifi. I would never stay here again and the owners of this place should be embarrassed.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2017 via mobile

I booked this place for a one night stay. I liked the city of Copenhagen and knew things are expensive here. But to my opinion this place breaks records looking at price versus performance in a negative way. Room is very tiny, bathroom and toilet are shared... not per 2 room but for the whole floor! Okay, that one thing, but they weren't very clean. Neither was the room. Bed linen was torn and not stain-free.
For 125 euro a night I expect more.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
2  Thank Rico H
Reviewed June 26, 2017

Out of 6 countries and 8 cities traveled, this place was the worst. Non helpful or supportive staff. One gave my son free WiFi and, after he lost the card, the next staff charged me for Wifi. The rooms were tiny and not that clean. The bath and showers were shared and not that clean.
It is VERY far out of town and catching a bus or taxi is a hike. The taxi's are not friendly and will not always pick you up. They show up 1 hour late is you call them from the hotel.
It was also the MOST expensive of all the places we stayed for the least accommodations and hospitality. Everything is extra cost.
Don't let the photos they show fool you, it doesn't look like that AT ALL, not even the dining area!

Room Tip: Don't do it, find a place closer to city center for the same price and better accommodations!
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank reotravel
Reviewed June 21, 2017

a very good breakfast the staff were very polite not smiling all the time but part of it they did ,the room was nice warm ,there waqs a very nise supermarket near by , it was very very close to the central station, a lot lot great restaurants
i loved thaarea

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Amnon S
Reviewed May 23, 2017

I looked at the TripAdvisor reviews for this hotel only after I had booked several nights' accommodation and, frankly, the comments of other guests left me a little alarmed: I expected dingy bathroom facilities and a tiny room in a fleapit with no towels, and the sound of raucous neighbours up to who-knows-what on the other side of paper-thin walls whilst carousing Danes in the street would ensure I got no rest whatsoever. However, the alarmed and alarming reviews may be exaggerating for dramatic effect.

As hotels in Copenhagen go, they tend to be expensive. This no-frills hotel is reasonably priced. I had a double room on the second floor looking out onto the street at the front. The room was fine in terms of size and facilities: a wardrobe/luggage rack, double-bed with bedside shelves and lamps, a table and chairs, a wall-mounted television and a handbasin with shelf, mirror and hairdryer together with plenty of hooks and clothes hangers.

Additional costs were incurred in the form of an additional charge for breakfast and a daily charge for WiFi. Ordinarily I would have baulked at these extras, but it was a work-funded trip, so I didn't care about these egregious extras as I would normally.

Breakfast consists of a fairly typical basic buffet: bread, ham, cheese, pate, etc., along with a selection of cereals, fruit juice, tea and coffee. I don't relish the prospect of having to get up and go out in order to find breakfast, but for those who might enjoy such an undertaking, there is a bakery almost next door and a cafe opposite the bakery so there are additional options if the in-house breakfast doesn't appeal.

There are two single showers and two single toilets on each floor so while this creates something of a hostel feel, the nearest facilities were literally just across the corridor from my room and the number of rooms per floor (about 6 or 7) meant that the facilities were always available.

Denmark uses the same two-pin plug as most other European countries. I have an EU mains adaptor that provides two UK three-pin sockets. However, the adaptor wouldn't fit the bedside sockets because the bedside shelf unit was too close to the socket (my double adaptor is quite wide). Fortunately, the room had a third socket and I also pack a mains extension cable with another four UK sockets. The allowed me to have enough bedside sockets to charge a phone and a tablet whilst also running a laptop.

(At check-in I was asked how many devices I had and was give a username and passcode for each.)

WiFi is adequate for streaming radio via the BBC iPlayer. I also checked streaming video services (Netflix) and, while I didn't spend any time watching videos, I did find the bandwidth sufficient to play video without buffering.

There is no kettle provided, although a notice in reception states that a kettle can be "hired" for an additional extra cost.

The hotel declares itself a "green hotel" and asks guests to re-use towels. A sign instructs guests that, should a new towel be needed, the old towel should be dropped on the floor. However, even though I hung both my towels on the room door, I was provided with two clean towels every day. I also found my bed was made every day too. I would rather my room were left alsone, but there was not "do not disturb" sign to hang on the outside of the door.

Room Tip: There are no nets, so if you like to start the day with a set of naked star jumps keep the curtains drawn to avoid alarming people opposite.
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business