“Save your money, go to a hostel”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel CopenHagen

Hotel CopenHagen
Ranked #90 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
Munich, Germany
“Save your money, go to a hostel”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I booked this as it said 1bedroom apartment. It's a small kitchen, horrific bathroom and another room with a futon with old dirty ikea mattress as a bed and another futon as a couch. I will try to add photos later. The pillows were covered with a sheet, they were yellowed and covered in stains, one had a large blood stain on it.... About the size of a plum. The room smelled so bad I had to keep spraying my perfume and open the windows. It's very loud, both from street noise and neighbours. There was a seating area it was plastic chairs that were so unsteady my husband couldn't sit on them. There was no DVD player as stated in my booking, the flat screen tv was mounted at the ceiling and slightly larger than a computer screen. The kitchen glasses were dirty, and chipped. There was nothing to wash them with so i used my shampoo. The drain in the bathroom is large and covered with a mesh drain cover, the shower has no ledge so the entire bathroom is soaked from a shower. The drains smelled like rotten eggs and sewage so bad I gagged from the stench. The apartment was so incredibly used and dirty that I couldn't sleep. The smell from the pillows made me sleep without one. I've stayed in hostels before, they were better and cheaper, way cheaper! For this money I could have been in a nicer hotel. There is NO wifi, NO phone, NO clock in the room. The lock on the front door is the same key that opens the main door and it is very cheap and unsafe. The tv was plugged into a cable that was hanging from the wall and all tangled on the floor. The hair dryer was so covered in grease i used a towel to hold it because it was sticky In my hand. The taps were rusted in the bathroom and the floor was mouldy. The toilet was leaking, and had brown stains all around the bottom. I was truly freaked out staying here and was terrified I'd catch something. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE!! It's by far one of the worst hotels I've stayed in. I know Denmark is expensive but this is just really bottom line.
When I asked the front desk why I didn't get the room I booked she said that it was Booking.com who gave the room description and not the hotel. When I asked where the DVD player was she claimed this room didn't have one. I showed her my booking and she said someone must have stolen it. The hotel staff do not care about the guests. Copenhagen is busy they figure they'll always have guests. Dorm rooms are better than this dump!

Room Tip: Nothing don't book here
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank skusderci

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
Malmo, Sweden
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This hostel was terrible! And is not a hotel!
The corridor leading to the rooms was beeing repair, so you had to use the back door. The receptionnist was very unpleasant because of some misunderstanding about the use of this back door.
The rooms are very small, smililar to boat cabins, for 4 people it is not big enough.
The bathroom/ showers are moldy and are shared with the whole hostel, no separation man/woman.
There is no free wifi, you have to pay to access it!
You need the metro to access the center!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank E B

Travelers are raving about these Copenhagen hotels

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Utter disgrace, choose a hostel way better than this which is NOT a HOTEL. Reception staff are not competent and unfriendly. It is better to stay in a proper hotel where u dont have to pay for every little detail, wifi is extra, breakfast is extra. Location is not great so metro tickets cost extra.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank AJ j
Boston
Reviewed June 22, 2012

This was the worst experience ever! The attendant at the front desk admitted that the pictures on the website are fake. I paid for a room with 3 beds and they gave me 2 and refused to refund anything bc I had paid in full -final payment.
The girl at the front desk interrogated me about my late arrival, although I had called the <hostel> days before to inform the them that I would I would arrive late-it was never communicated.
The young girl at the front desk lectured me about my responsibility to call the hostel to have informed them of my 'lateness'-I almost lost it. My train was late and she blew it off as if that was not a reason.
Most insane is that you SHARE a toilette and a shower down the hall from your room. There is no phone or clock in the room which caused multiple issues.
Since our train arrived late to Denmark, my Bf had attempted to call the hotel to contact me. The same rude girl at the front desk told me that 'personal' calls were not allowed and to tell my bf not to call as there was no way to connect him to a room. Be that as it may, who knew the hostel did not have a phone in the room???
No logic what so ever. She refused to communicate this preference to my BF herself, and I was at a loss as to how I was meant to communicate to him to not all when I had no way to contact him. She also refused to even communicate to my BF that I had checked in (safely arrived) to the hotel.
The hotel girl also stated that my inquiry as to why there was no phone or CLOCK OR ALARM in the room was a 'high standard for travel'.
No clock in the room meant that we had to stay up all night to catch our cab to the airport.
The only positive that I can even muster is that there is a roof. Other than that, security is poor at best. The keys that you were meant to use were pointless bc the doors were never locked or did not lock.
I have traveled globally and this is the WORST. The false advertising is criminal. I paid full price for a hotel that wasn't even close to the city center when I could have paid 1/4 and stayed at Dan Hostel.
This was terrible and the girl who worked the desk should be fired and this hotel should not be in business!!!!
This should get a negative rating!!!

Room Tip: This is a youth hostel!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank georgia730
Manchester
Reviewed September 18, 2011

The location is OK. From the airport, you take the tube and do one change, and then a very short walk under 10 mins. To the center is about 20 minutes walk but it is not too bad.
The hotel is very basic. The whole setting is very dated. It is quite clean. Sharing shower and toilet does not seem to be a big issue but you do need to get out of your room for these facilities.
It is not the best you can get but it is not too bad for what it is. We paid about 78 pounds for a night.

Room Tip: Try to find a last mintune deal from the tourist information center near the central station, we got...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JessyCManchester
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for May bank holiday weekend. Didnt think it was good value for money at all. Paid nearly £30 per night but the rooms were tiny, and definately not comparable to other similar star hotels across europe. I have stayed in many hostels around europe and even the rooms etc were better than this hotel but were less expensive. Staff not the friendliest either, they could definately improve on their customer service!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends