Hotel Copenhagen
Copenhagen Admiral Hotel(Copenhagen)
$499
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbudget hotelsdouble bedsmall roomtea and coffeewardrobekettlecheese
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Utter disgrace, choose a hostel way better than this which is NOT a HOTEL. Reception staff are not competent and unfriendly. It is better to stay in a proper hotel where u dont have to pay for every little detail, wifi is extra, breakfast is extra. Location is not great so metro tickets cost extra.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank AJ j
Reviewed June 22, 2012

This was the worst experience ever! The attendant at the front desk admitted that the pictures on the website are fake. I paid for a room with 3 beds and they gave me 2 and refused to refund anything bc I had paid in full -final payment.
The girl at the front desk interrogated me about my late arrival, although I had called the <hostel> days before to inform the them that I would I would arrive late-it was never communicated.
The young girl at the front desk lectured me about my responsibility to call the hostel to have informed them of my 'lateness'-I almost lost it. My train was late and she blew it off as if that was not a reason.
Most insane is that you SHARE a toilette and a shower down the hall from your room. There is no phone or clock in the room which caused multiple issues.
Since our train arrived late to Denmark, my Bf had attempted to call the hotel to contact me. The same rude girl at the front desk told me that 'personal' calls were not allowed and to tell my bf not to call as there was no way to connect him to a room. Be that as it may, who knew the hostel did not have a phone in the room???
No logic what so ever. She refused to communicate this preference to my BF herself, and I was at a loss as to how I was meant to communicate to him to not all when I had no way to contact him. She also refused to even communicate to my BF that I had checked in (safely arrived) to the hotel.
The hotel girl also stated that my inquiry as to why there was no phone or CLOCK OR ALARM in the room was a 'high standard for travel'.
No clock in the room meant that we had to stay up all night to catch our cab to the airport.
The only positive that I can even muster is that there is a roof. Other than that, security is poor at best. The keys that you were meant to use were pointless bc the doors were never locked or did not lock.
I have traveled globally and this is the WORST. The false advertising is criminal. I paid full price for a hotel that wasn't even close to the city center when I could have paid 1/4 and stayed at Dan Hostel.
This was terrible and the girl who worked the desk should be fired and this hotel should not be in business!!!!
This should get a negative rating!!!

Room Tip: This is a youth hostel!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank georgia730
Reviewed September 18, 2011

The location is OK. From the airport, you take the tube and do one change, and then a very short walk under 10 mins. To the center is about 20 minutes walk but it is not too bad.
The hotel is very basic. The whole setting is very dated. It is quite clean. Sharing shower and toilet does not seem to be a big issue but you do need to get out of your room for these facilities.
It is not the best you can get but it is not too bad for what it is. We paid about 78 pounds for a night.

Room Tip: Try to find a last mintune deal from the tourist information center near the central station, we got quite a nice room in wake up copenhagen for the last night and it was cheaper and better than this one.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JessyCManchester
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for May bank holiday weekend. Didnt think it was good value for money at all. Paid nearly £30 per night but the rooms were tiny, and definately not comparable to other similar star hotels across europe. I have stayed in many hostels around europe and even the rooms etc were better than this hotel but were less expensive. Staff not the friendliest either, they could definately improve on their customer service!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 31, 2010

Firstly, Copenhagen is expensive so this is all we could really afford.

Bed- Fine but pillows terrible, I used our towels as my neck was killing.
Cleanliness- None. Our room hadn't been vaccumed, shared shower looked like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks. Pretty dirty.
Staff- Great. Really friendly and helpful
Location- Great. 15-20 minute walk from the city centre.
Internet- Free computer in lobby but had to pay for wireless which I never do unless I really have to.

Wasn't worth the money BUT you don't really have any options in Copenhagen so if you are desperate I would do it.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple