“absolutely awful, just a rip off!”

Ripley's Believe It or Not! Copenhagen
Book In Advance
More Info
$63.15*
and up
Copenhagen Card
Ranked #95 of 391 things to do in Copenhagen
More attraction details
Owner description: RIPLEYS Believe It OR Not! Step into Ripley's wonderful world of crazy and strange abnormalities. It is quite incredible - and 100% true. See it in the only Ripley's Believe It or Not! in Scandinavia. Believe It or Not!
Reviewed February 4, 2013

There is hardly anything good to say about this cynical exercise in parting tourists from their cash,

2  Thank Holte2840

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We found this strange museum next to the Town Hall and Tivoli gardens. As a break from the architecture this was good fun and my son aged 18 loved it. Lots of peculiar exhibits that you walk through with some surprises. Kids will love it

1  Thank CarolyJ
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This museum was quite expensive compared to the enjoyment it gave. Actually it was mostly boring, with only couple of fun moments. The kids (nine and ten) enjoyed a bit, but the tour was over quite soon. Disappointment, no doubt. Use your time and money to something more worthy.

2  Thank sayrla
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The museum has a lot of surprise and display many interesting objects from different places. I understand why it is called "believe it or not". To be able to appreciate it we really need to dive into the challenges to create such unique object such as a picture from all threads found in clothe drier machine; buildings from sticks, and all Ripley's effort to collect unique objects from all over the world. Otherwise, we will feel that it is a kind of short visit for such expensive tickets.

1  Thank Dian H
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Ripley's has an excellent location close to Tivoli in the centre of Copenhagen, unfortunately we should have kept on walking.

I vaguely remembered visiting a Ripley's years ago in Key West, but after visiting here I fully remembered it as they are near enough identical, although this isn't my criticism.

I found the attraction extremely overpriced for what is 45 minutes at best, with many exhibits that could be overlooked or seen elsewhere, there was nothing unique here in 2012. The videos around had the catchphrase 'Believe it or not' repeated frequently, which actually suggested most of it was fake and most certainly a replica. Given we were the only people in the whole place too, it felt a little eerie wandering around.

I'm sure younger visitors would enjoy it, but there was just too much open space with nothing to see and a convoluted path that sped up the journey through. It's a real shame, as Ripley's seem to be present in a few big cities now and I have to assume they're all of similar makeup.

I have to say, the staff were very good though and were most helpful in guiding us to our next destination.

1  Thank DomNichol