“The type of Backpacker Accomodation I like”

Copenhagen Backpackers
Rostock, Germany
“The type of Backpacker Accomodation I like”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Just across the street form the Kopenhavn main station Copenhagen Backpackers is situated very central. Tivoli and the city centre are just around the corner. I arrived in the evening and was welcomed by a jolly guy working at the reception and also catering for the bar in the common room in the backpacker. All the questions I had about the city were willingly answered, beyond what is to be expected from an employee (while drinking a beer at the counter). With the other staff members I met during my unfortunately rather short stay I had the same pleasant experience. All of them were genuine friendly and helpful.
The backpacker itself is not very big and therefore rather cosy and not to anonymous. It s more like staying at a friends friend place - easy going atmosphere. Still there is enough privacy if you prefer.
Should I travel to Kopenhavn again, I will certainly stay there .

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I spent a night at Copenhagen Backpackers. I wish I could have stayed longer! I had such a good time and I miss it already.
I arrived in Copenhagen by train and hadn't pre-booked anything. I had the number of Copenhagen Backpackers though, so I gave them a quick call and I was able to get a bed very last minute.
Its literally right next to the train station. So if you're arriving in Copenhagen by train its perfect!
The guys working there, Juan and Peter, are super friendly. They're really attentive and always willing to help (finding affordable vegetarian food.. etc).
In the evening there were quite a few people in the 'living room'/bar area and I got to know people from all over the world. It was a really cosy and welcoming atmosphere. If you're traveling on your own, it's definitely a good place to meet new people.

I was in a room right next to the living room area, so I was a bit worried that it might be noisy during the night and I wouldn't be able to sleep (because I'm a light sleeper) but I slept like a log. The beds are really comfy and if you don't have your own ear plugs you can get some from the hostel.

Breakfast was really yummy. You have to pay extra for it, but it's definitely worth it. You get freshly home-baked bread and a variety of cereals.
My train only left in the evening, but I was able to leave my backpack at the hostel during the day and then pick it up before I left in the evening.
I would definitely recommend this place to everybody. The best hostel I've stayed at so far!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank swisscheese90
Grenoble, France
Reviewed February 6, 2014

This was one of the best hostels I ever went. For starters, the location: I got in Copenhagen late in the night, and the hostel was just across the street from the Central Station. Very good location. The internet worked fine, the beds were confortable and the curtain on each bed to give more privacy it's a great idea. The sheets were clean and of good quality, the breakfast was nutritious and the staff were nice and helpful. The hostel was clean and the bathrooms were good. Remember, though, that you have to paid for breakfast and for linen, it's not that much, but it's good to know so you don't get caught unexpectely. If you book by the website, you have to pay the full amount (instead of 5% or nothing that you see in some other hostels), but you get a lot of discounts and you can pay by card, because in the hostel, so far, they only accept money. Remember that in Denmark they use kronos and not euros.

Room Tip: Try to stay in a bed far from the door.
1 Thank travellingtequila
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I stopped in Copenhagen for a few days on my way to Odense, to try to break up a long travel day. I got to Copenhagen very late and was only too happy that the hostel was literally across from the main station, just 15 minutes from the airport by train! You can't get a better location really. It was close to a great restaurant area of the city (Meat Packing District) and also only 10 minute walk from the town hall and the start of the shopping area. Copenhagen centre is so small and being around the station (where all the trains leave from) is perfect.

It's probably a little strange when you first get there, as the hostel is in a complex of other flats, but that means it's really quiet and small, which are both good things in my vote.

I especially liked the curtains on the beds and the lockers for valuables. Breakfast is pretty good and worth the extra price, but there is also a convenience store around the corner too if you'd rather do your own. They make great coffee at the hostel though and do have tea available too. The other facilities were definitely decent for a youth hostel and no complaints. It's very clean!

The staff are all really friendly and helpful. I was advised to take the free city walking tour my first day and really glad I did! The staff seem to be pretty informed about things to do, places to go and how to get there. Which is always useful when you are in a new city.

They had no problem with me checking in very late, and you can stay until noon for check-out, which means if you don't have to rush the morning you leave.

Room Tip: The 12 bed room is actually the best, as it's individual berths to sleep in, so you don't fe...
1 Thank Amy H
Fribourg, Switzerland
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I was there for a few days and it was just perfect. Staff is really cool, great atmosphere and cheap beer ! I can definitely recommend this place to people who want to make friends from all around the world. A big thank from Switzerland.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Great staff, good atmosphere, great people staying.

A perfect location for either walking/cycling through the city, and getting all forms of public transport, including to the airport and to Sweden. Very cosy, and the drinks are a good price too, for when you want to settle and chat.

Good breakfast too. Definitely recommended, especially for the New Year period.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

backpackers hostel is great and it has a good location - close to old town, markets and train station. it has a friendly atmosphere and those beds are really nice - you can really rest in that cocoon. it is very clean! but there is only two bathroons and two showers ONLY.....

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends