“Great way to see the city & great value”

Stromma Canal Tours Copenhagen
Copenhagen Canal Tour
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: For once, it's the tourists who get it right – locals almost never experience Copenhagen in this way, and they're missing out on a treat, experiencing the old city centre from a different perspective and seeing almost all the downtown attractions from the water. Canal Tours Copenhagen offer four different tours of the city, ranging from 60-75 minutes in duration, both with or without a guide. They leave from Gammel Strand and Nyhavn, with longer ones taking you as far as the Little Mermaid and out into the Oeresund Channel to the tiny fortress island of Trekroner. On Sunday and Thursday evenings during summer months there's even a 90-minute jazz cruise, with live music aboard the boat.Armed with a strong fleet of 16 comfortable boats, six of which are heated and covered, the Canal Tours takes you through a guided journey along the city s harbor and canal. At least one of the multilingual staff members is always onboard, enlightening guests on the picturesque surroundings. Choose from the various tours available. And for something unusual, go for the Dinner Cruise, where you can enjoy a delectable meal as you cruise along the waters. And if you have charted your own itinerary, then just go ahead and rent one of our boats.
Reviewed September 28, 2013

A very good way to see the city in a very reasonable time at a great price. Was great to do in the afternoon after a busy morning walking and seeing the sites. Guide was informative and friendly. The views from the boat allow for great photo opportunities and allow views not otherwise possible.

2  Thank Chris B
There are newer reviews for Stromma Canal Tours Copenhagen

Reviewed September 26, 2013

If you want to see the grand sights of Copenhagen in the sunshine, hop on the guided Copenhagen Canal Tours - you will go under low, old bridges, go through the cosy Christianshavn, see the little mermaid, the Opera House etc. It's highly recommendable.

2  Thank Greve2309
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stops at all the right places and runs frequently enough... In season - I understand we just made it. They changed the schedule to ... nothing (4 stops is it?) days after we left. Got to see the Little Mermaid, and lots of the back canals we would never have discovered. Some of the bridges seems too low for us to go under (I was ducking and I am not very tall) but we survived. I did not find this expensive but we'd just come from a few expensive cities so...
I think there are a few different of these tours - we cought our tickets before we left for Europe and exchanged them near Stroget which we could walk to from our hotel. I do think we paid less doing it that way.

2  Thank HeidiB4
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Sorry I must get my rant on first: I really don’t know why people feel the need to smoke on these tours therefore blowing smoke in everyone’s face...just arrogant and did take away from or experience. Rant over!

The boat tour is 'nice' and relaxing and yes you do get to see all the main sights of the this colourful city but we absolutely did not hear a single word the lady making the tour said. The tour lasted just over one hour and we could only get off once.

The tour is a nice way to see the city if you haven’t done other city-sight-seeing activities offered for example walking, running, kayak tour etc this would be my last option. Fun to go through the canals and wave at the people drinking and go through the small bridges.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We went for a hop-on-hop-off boat tour. I was a bit disapointed that they have already started a winter season in the middle of September (so the boat has only 4 stops) but we have enjoyed it. Considerind the prices in Copenhagen I think this was a very good value for money and we saw the places we would not see when we just walked around the city.