“Absolutley fantastic”

Studio - The Standard
Ranked #9 of 2,311 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: European, Scandinavian, Danish
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Description: Studio is kitchen chef and co-owner Torsten Vildgaard’s… studio.All food served at Studio will be prepared and served from an open kitchen in the restaurant, which from the first floor space at The Standard offers an exquisite view of Copenhagen harbor.
London, United Kingdom
“Absolutley fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

My husband & I were so thoroughly impressed with this restaurant, we both had the tasting menu & we sat around the kitchen so we could see the chef prepare everything, his attention to detail was spot on & you could see he had a real good chemistry with his staff everyone looked as if they enjoyed working there & for him, which in the end gets the results he wants. This restaurant for us outshone Noma which we visited the night before. The dishes were presented beautifully and also very flavorsome it actually really annoys me when you go to a restaurant of high standard and all you get is bland tasting dishes. This was the opposite. For me the best restaurant in Copenhagen. The Chef is the co owner and used to be the Sous Chef at Noma so he obviously has a lot to compete against and in our opinion he's doing a great job.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank bayshay

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
san francisco
“Not our kind of place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

We don't like Disneyland or Cirque de Soleil, either. All the shining reviews must speak to something we just missed the night we went. Our experience was of a lot of style (flaming spruce branch, tweezers and a tray of twigs with raw reindeer heart, a black sack with a gougere in it) but not much pleasure in the mouth. I mean, REALLY NOT. Cod with honey and miso and beurre blanc foam was cloying. Fois gras was fatty, overwhelmed by pine oil. And so on. I felt that the sudden mid-amuse arrival of a woman who threw a damp rolled towel in front of me from a tray, then declared "hang onto this, you're going to need it" before scooting away... was a harbinger. I still don't know what that was about. Lots of exclamation points. More about getting stuff to you than caring how you liked it. Finally, the service was youthful, yet not in a good way. The only place we went in Copenhagen where the servers seemed inauthentic and not very well trained. Just came off a bit too pleased with themselves to be working at this big name place. Again, maybe we hit a bad night.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank eastwestSanFrancisco
“Outstanding. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went here and had the five course with wine tasting menu. It was one of the best culinary experiences of our lives. The food and service was beyond reproach. A must for foodies visiting Copenhagen.

Dublin, Ireland
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

I am an aficionado of Tripadvisor but this is my first review. Honestly I believe that this restaurant will be one of the "must do's" for foodies in Europe. The last time we had such a food experience was in Pierre Gagnaire's restaurant in Paris. This is honest food with a twist, truly wonderful with very good knowledgeable service.

• Visited February 2014
Herning, Denmark
“Thank you, weiters ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

Really one of the best restaurants in Denmark. Staff is happy and smiling all the time. They treated us with free dessert.