Review Highlights
love this place!

what a cool bar! this was recommended to us by a local and it was not a disappointment for sure... read more

Reviewed July 3, 2019
kevinasaks
London, United Kingdom
Coolest bar in Copenhagen

Here you will find the best bartenders and the coolest cocktails in Copenhagen. Come here early in... read more

Reviewed July 27, 2018

from $20.19
from $90.61
from $132.33
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

The union bar gives you a flashback to the Prohibition in the United States.
The entrance is not very visible, so you have to know that it's there!
The cocktails are excellent, the selection is quite broad and the bartenders are telling great storys when there is time for it.
I would deffinitely go back!

2  Thank Neru83
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Once you've found this place, which is no easy feat, you'll find talented bartenders who can make just about anything. They are also quite friendly - something rare in Scandinavia. The menu lists the house specialties which are really unique and tasty, though it will take several visits to try them all :-) The atmosphere is cozy and welcoming for all size groups and the prices are typical for this part of the world - $$$

Date of experience: December 2013
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Thanks to tripadvisor we heard about this unique bar. We have been there on our last day in Copenhagen and amazed by very delicious coctails. It is quite hard to find it; there is no sign on the door, bell or wall. You need to knock on the black door and the party starts. The list of coctails is not endless, but there is something for every taste. We'll go there back, for sure. If you are in CPH by any chance, don't miss it.

Date of experience: August 2013
1  Thank Simofor
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My trip to the Union provided not only a delicious cocktail experience, but also a great night because of the fun and welcoming atmosphere created by both guests and staff. Very mixed crowd and a bit VIP secret feeling to place even though you don't have to be on a list ;-)
Won't be the last time I'll visit the Union.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Using 5 minutes to find the secret bar, standing in line for an other 5 minutes - it was all worth it!!

In the line a met a crowd of international visitors, seems reputation has travelled far. Some nice Swedes, some cool Italians, a Harvard professor and a group of 8 Danes having fun. Good start.

At the door I was welcomed by a doorman in black suit, gently asking me how he could help. First I was thinking to myself,” what do you think dude?” but then I realized he just was checking if I had good attitude and if I was under influence of something, I should not be. Actually I like that. It makes me feel safer, and shows a concern of the owners, that this is a high-class bar and not a German Beerstube.

This difference I actually experienced 2 during the night, where the security gently had to ask 2 guys to leave the place, due to bad behaviour. I like that! Nothing of this rude primitive behaviour, but atmosphere of style. In fact my wife even mentioned to me that it was nice being in a place, where it is not accepted to have men grip your ..., just because he feel like it.

Firstly I entered to a rather boring entree, but as I went down the stairs I realized I was going for a special treat. Music was classy and not too loud, and room was decorated, as a bar should be.

Nothing of these pre-purchased cocktail mixes, but all home made and done with pride. Here you find cocktails made for the place and in the place. Of course they also service all the traditional stuff, but go for something new, that why you went in first place.

Well, I started with the "Drugstore Cowboy", then a "Slam Jam Killer" and continued down the list, until I realized that I was so drunk that I hardly remember my own name. These cocktails are just dangerous; they kill and love you at the same time.

Well, best bar I even been to and for sure not the last time. Though next time I decide how many drinks I will have before I start the night.

Cheers to all