“Excellent customer service”
Review of Marchal

Marchal
Ranked #180 of 2,578 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

Dinner for three business guests. We were late, but this was not a problem. Food was very good, staff attentative and very customer focused, something lacking sometimes in Danish restaurants.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

We went there a couple of weeks ago spur of the moment. The restaurant was very busy but we managed to get a table. Reservation is probably a sensible idea in the future. We were greeted with a smile and that is how the service was throughout the meal. Very professional and nice staff. The brunch is not big, however the quality makes up for the quantity. Fresh oyster, crab and salmon to start with. For the mains you must try their poached eggs, they were perfect with a spinach oil/sauce on it. Absolutely amazing. If you are looking for an exclusive brunch in Copenhagen look no further.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Try the Chateaubriand and select various starters - don't miss the Carrot with Carrot, garnished with Carrot...

2  Thank Chrisotto
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Difficult to find any fault - superb food, good service and luxurious newly renovated surroundings. A thoroughly enjoyable experience and considering the quality and location, value for money.

A good place to watch the world go by through panoramic windows and to be seen.

Surprisingly informal atmosphere but professional service throughout.

The view over Kongens Nytorv is temporally compromised by the ongoing Metro construction but it cannot be heard from inside.

1  Thank 589MichaelP
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Could not review this restaurant more highly!

I booked a table for 2 before I went to Denmark as I had seen good reviews on-line. On entrance our coats were taken and we were shown to a lovely table in a beautiful room. Menu was minimalistic but myself and my boyfriend decided to have the Chateaubriand.

Unfortunately it took 45 minutes to arrive, which I found strange as we had asked for medium rare steak, and the accompaniments were mushroom truffle sauce with marrow and mash potato, not things that take 45 minutes to cook.

Having said that the meat was cooked to perfection and the accompaniments were delightful. I had a glass of red wine and so did my partner, and we both had different glasses to match the type of wine which was great. I had the lemon fudge cocktail which was really yum!

Made a bit of a mistake and looked at the cost of the Chateaubraind wrong, I thought it was 500 DKK for 2 people (£55) it turned out it was 500 DKK per person! So our main in total was £110, it was a faultless meal, but a little more than I wanted to pay, however it was completely our fault for not looking at the pricing correctly!

1  Thank Kerry M