“Excellent Cocktails and fancy desserts”
Review of Candeur Dessert & Cocktail Bar - CLOSED

Candeur Dessert & Cocktail Bar
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We went here after a meal next door in The Wok Shop, and were glad we stopped in. It's a nice bar, with friendly service and great drinks on offer.

I had the carrot cake with the recommended Three P cocktail, which was delicious. I particularly liked that the creator of the dessert came over and explained what everything was on the plate (it isn't your stereotypical carrot cake!) and my boyfriend had the Tiramisu with the recommended cocktail Sazerac à la Maison. The drinks and desserts went perfectly together, and i like that they had a spiderweb diagram in the menu to highlight which brings out the flavour of each dessert.

But the favourite cocktail i had was the Mad Hatters Brew, served in a tea pot, which was so fruity and delicious. It is worth a visit if you enjoy good cocktails and desserts.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

This is a very nice bar with a terrific atmosphere. We were a little disappointed because we had gone here for dessert, but there was only one choice on the menu because our visit happened to coincide with "restaurant week" in Copenhagen. So why five stars? Well the cocktail I had was perfect. Sazerac a la maison, it was called. Brandy, Armagnac, lemon juice and absinthe! What you might call a "man cocktail". But the five star rating is actually for my wife's choice, the 'Fool me twice'. She is a licorice nut, and this combined with vodka, lemon juice, freeze dried raspberries and a hint of violet... well she hasn't stopped talking about it! The guys behind the bar were busy, but still had time to chat and even let us in on the secret recipe, so now I can fool the missus twice at home too!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

we went there to have a drink and to eat sth small. We had really delicious pancakes and nice drinks. The service was amazing! The waiter explained us everything in the menu and recommended nice drinks to go with our pancakes. The interior is really beautiful and the atmosphere is amazing. I strongly recommend it!

Reviewed December 12, 2013

My girlfriend and I were traveling to Sweden for my birthday, but got stuck in Copenhagen due to a storm, so we decided to hunt for somewhere nice for a couple of drinks. Found this place, just 5 minutes walk from the Kongens Nytorv metro station. We were pleasantly welcomed and sat near the bar, offering us opportunity to chat to the bar staff who were very friendly (especially Morten. It was a must that we tipped him due to his friendliness and top class service!)
Reasonably priced cocktails and a great atmosphere made for a welcome stay in a place we weren't even supposed to be! Highly recommended!

1  Thank Penderpop
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Candeur has a great atmosphere and I had some of the best cocktails of my life in this bar. I have yet to try the desserts, which will have to be next time I go to Denmark.
The place is cozy, clean and well-taken care of.

1  Thank Bente M