“Letdown”
Review of Palaeo

Palaeo
Ranked #846 of 2,427 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Danish
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Helsinki, Finland
“Letdown”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I had wanted to visit this place since I read about it few years back.

We had a lunch at the newer (?) location at Pilestraede. The place was really small with tables and chairs cramped very close each other. At one corner customers had to jump over a trash can to get to their table.

We had paleo risotto and paleo curry. Both had grated cauliflower "rice" plus the sauce. There was way too much of the "rice" and it was a bit too rough and not very tasty (I've made it myself several times and like my own version better...). The mushrooms in the risotto tasted good but there weren't enough of them. Otherwise the food was okayish. I had much higher expectations so this was a huge disappointment.

• Visited May 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Oslo, Norway
“Great healthy fast food”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

If you want healthy, nourishing fast food that's good for you and paleo-friendly, you should definitely pay Palæo a visit.

• Visited October 2013
København, Staden Kobenhavn, Denmark
“Too good! (also good for you)!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

A lovely (kinda expensive) lunch and takeaway shop with really delicious and super healthy meals. I had the bolo - vegetable pasta with meat sauce. so good. and you come out from there with zero guilt.

Visited April 2014
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Caveman with caveats”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I've been going to Paleo since it opened, and have a particular soft spot for the pork and beef salads, which are braised meats in BBQ-like sauce served over cole slaw, with a piece of special paleo seed/nut bread. But recently they raised the prices, so it's now 79/89 kroner for one small takeaway box. Granted, that's enough for one person. So I was already going a little less often because of the price hike, but yesterday I saw something that made me lose my appetite for Palaeo completely. I gave my order to the guy behind the counter, who relayed it to a man putting together the orders next to the food area. I sat down and watched while he used his bare hands to fling the different lettuce, cabbage and carrot components into my takeaway box and then MIX them with the same bare hands. When he brought it to me, he had lettuce stuck to his elbows -- no lie. Absolutely disgusting. I mean, how much do those gloves cost? Please, Palaeo, ensure that your employees wear gloves when making orders.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank CopenhagenChow
London, United Kingdom
“something different”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Palaeo is popular, and for a reason. It is in one of two halls, which I like to think of as Danish Whole Foods, by the corner next to the entrance. Its menu is not extensive, but is based around the Paleo diet.
My partner and I actually visited twice, for brunch. On the first occasion, I had the salmon wrap and he had the paleo dog - instead of bread, you get an omelette wrapped around your filling. Both come with ample amounts of vegetables. The second time, I had a chicken wrap and he had a pulled pork wrap - both as tasty.
To note, you don't get napkins and it is served as takeaway food although you can sit on plastic chairs at wooden tables. It has a very minimalistic approach,

We observed that a lot of people visit Palaeo from various countries - perhaps its echo reaches far.

I recommend visiting Palaeo, if even only to partake in what could be perceived as a gimmick. Good food though!

• Visited March 2014