“A taste of quality ”

Balthazar Champagne Bar
Ranked #371 of 2,641 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

Yesterday I was at Bathazar together with Pharma Club. We were about 30 people there. Nice atmosphere, very stylish place & top class drinks, the most professional bartender I have ever seen. I was not sure what kind of drink I had to choose, the bartender looked at me & suggested a drink with passion fruit. It was just what I needed. Looking forward to come back there one day.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

So, I have written about this bar previously and had to now update the post. As I had stated, I work in travel and send travelers on trips around the world. Well, recently I had guests staying at the Hotel D' Angleterre and I insisted they spend at least one evening sipping cocktails at Balthazar, MY favorite bar. Well, with a little coordination between myself and my clients I was able to pinpoint the time they'd be there and I contacted Jannick Gram, the Bar Manager whom I also had the pleasure of meeting on my last trip here. I found out he was indeed managing the bar the evening my travelers would be going and I asked that he take great care of them. Though I agree Balthazar is great for folks of any age, my clients were from a small town in the USA and I thought perhaps the bar could be a little overwhelming. I just wanted to make sure they felt comfortable and welcomed, immediately. Well, Jannick definitely went above and beyond because when they got back all they could talk about was who hospitable "your [my] friend" was and what a great time they had. They said Jannick took the time to get to know and chat with them, know their drinking preferences, make them specialized cocktails, talked about family, travels, culture…now, I know this isn't typical and possible for all guests, but the fact that Jannick heard me and my request and made them feel at home is truly touching and the exact example of what made this bar so amazingly special to me the first time around! Jannick - I did not gloat about you in my last review, but this time around you deserved it. I am glad both my clients and myself had the pleasure of meeting you and I can only hope you are there the next time I stop through Balthazar! THANK YOU for the hospitality and great drinks!

1  Thank John-Paul F
Reviewed July 13, 2014

So, I can't even begin to say enough great things about Balthazar Champagne Bar. If I said how I truly felt this would sound like a crazy love letter. I work in Luxury Travel and I had the fortune of visiting this bar my first DAY in Copenhagen. And, I was hooked! All 3 nights in Copenhagen ended at this bar. That is how much I enjoyed it. This bar is the epitome of luxury! From the cocktails they mix, the atmosphere and the staff! First, champagne is my favorite drink! How and what they have found to mix with champagne is beyond my wildest imagination. Truly remarkable mixing skills that make for great tasting champagne cocktails! Anybody who stops by needs to have at least one of their signature drinks before moving on to their own personal favorite poison of choice! Now for the bar itself... delightful. The inside is so posh and stunning without being too pretencious and making one feel unwelcome. In my opinion, every posh bar should look and resemble the feel of Balthazar (I am from Los Angeles and I don't think any bar we have even compares). And finally, as for the staff…I can't say enough. First, what an absolutely attractive bunch! They all resemble models (and who can resist stunning bartenders?!) yet are so nice and welcoming. The bartenders had no obligation to chat and converse with me, but even the nights I showed up just to enjoy a cocktail on my own they stopped to chat, check-in and made me feel very welcome. Any travelers I send to Copenhagen will ALL be instructed to pay the folks at Balthazar a visit. A bar that makes fabulous drinks, invested in such a stunning bar and employs staff that is equally as attractive as they are nice has my vote and loyal patronage! Thank You Balthazar for being top notch. Until we meet again!

John-Paul
Los Angeles, California

2  Thank John-Paul F
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We went there for a drink after dinner which was a perfect end of great evening. The atmosphere is very good as was the service. Their signature champagne cocktail can be recommended.

1  Thank LouCF
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Based on a recommendation from a friend we headed to Balthazar one afternoon for some bubbly. Very expensive even by Copenhagen standards, but there was an excellent selection of Champagne. Good service, trendy vibe, nice snacks. Big check.

1  Thank sazeracker