“*** I wish I lived in this bar!!!! ***”

Balthazar Champagne Bar
Ranked #338 of 2,378 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Los Angeles, California
“*** I wish I lived in this bar!!!! ***”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

So, I can't even begin to say enough great things about Balthazar Champagne Bar. If I said how I truly felt this would sound like a crazy love letter. I work in Luxury Travel and I had the fortune of visiting this bar my first DAY in Copenhagen. And, I was hooked! All 3 nights in Copenhagen ended at this bar. That is how much I enjoyed it. This bar is the epitome of luxury! From the cocktails they mix, the atmosphere and the staff! First, champagne is my favorite drink! How and what they have found to mix with champagne is beyond my wildest imagination. Truly remarkable mixing skills that make for great tasting champagne cocktails! Anybody who stops by needs to have at least one of their signature drinks before moving on to their own personal favorite poison of choice! Now for the bar itself... delightful. The inside is so posh and stunning without being too pretencious and making one feel unwelcome. In my opinion, every posh bar should look and resemble the feel of Balthazar (I am from Los Angeles and I don't think any bar we have even compares). And finally, as for the staff…I can't say enough. First, what an absolutely attractive bunch! They all resemble models (and who can resist stunning bartenders?!) yet are so nice and welcoming. The bartenders had no obligation to chat and converse with me, but even the nights I showed up just to enjoy a cocktail on my own they stopped to chat, check-in and made me feel very welcome. Any travelers I send to Copenhagen will ALL be instructed to pay the folks at Balthazar a visit. A bar that makes fabulous drinks, invested in such a stunning bar and employs staff that is equally as attractive as they are nice has my vote and loyal patronage! Thank You Balthazar for being top notch. Until we meet again!

John-Paul
Los Angeles, California

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank John-Paul F

Stockholm, Sweden
“Stylish place to have a cocktail”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We went there for a drink after dinner which was a perfect end of great evening. The atmosphere is very good as was the service. Their signature champagne cocktail can be recommended.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank LouCF
Boulder, Colorado
“excellent champagne selection”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Based on a recommendation from a friend we headed to Balthazar one afternoon for some bubbly. Very expensive even by Copenhagen standards, but there was an excellent selection of Champagne. Good service, trendy vibe, nice snacks. Big check.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank sazeracker
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Quality experience”
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Really nice "water hole" everything is thought of. I'd bring business guests here anytime. Dress up and you'll end in. The tenders know their stuff. Give them
A challenge ;0).

1 Thank FHarvad
Norfolk, United Kingdom
“Great cocktails!”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We spotted Balthazar whilst having a lazy lunch at neighbouring restaurant (Cafe Victor - also good!) & decided to call in for pre-supper drinks on a Saturday night. We were impressed by the bartender & menu so returned later to work our way through the remaining cocktails on the menu. Great place for a stylish night out.

Visited April 2014