“Nice sushi!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner Vesterbro
Reviewed May 2, 2019

Went there with two colleagues. The sushi menu is quite large. The sushi quality is very good. It has an outdoor terrace with a great view (weather dependent). Very nice overall.

Date of visit: May 2019
SticksNSushi, Gæsteansvarlig at Sticks'n'Sushi, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2019

Dear Mario S,

Thank you very much for your kind words!
We appreciate you taking your time to write this great review.
How lovely to hear that you had a good experience at our restaurant.
We hope to welcome you on another occasion.

Sticks’n’Sushi

Write a ReviewReviews (1,080)

Reviewed April 29, 2019

This last time around, my stay at the Ibsens Hotel in Copenhagen was even more pleasant than the last in November of 2018. Why? Because ordering sushi or sashimi as room service is the last thing I would have thought of in a place like Copenhagen with its one thousand and one delicacies.
And yet I did. To my surprise I confess that I was blown out of my mind. This was one of the best Japanese meals I have ever had. No, I’m not exaggerating! And, mind you, I’m no stranger to the Japanese cuisine; having lived in Tokyo for almost a year and priding myself in finding tiny restaurants where chefs excelled in their creativity, be it in side streets of districts like Roppongi or in Asakusa or even having meals at 4am at Tsukiji Fish Market.

But here at the Ibsens, I opened the door and received a bag containing meticulous boxes (unlike those crude deliveries in New York City). Sticks’n’Sushi (a resident restaurant at the Ibsens Hotel), delivered a meticulous combination of boxes with their strange little architectures and sophisticated looks. It was an impressive start.

But once I began eating the strangest and most delicious maki ever: “Gypsy Big Maki” it was called, with its fusion of tastes intermingling ideas and concepts and simply divine, those delivery boxes were in the past. My concentration was on the food.

That wonderful maki was surpassed by an outrageously gorgeous “Suzuki Kataifi” (susuki, kataifi, chives, shiso leaves, truffle oil and ponzu). OMG!!!! Of course, those delights were beyond astonishing. Yet, what was to come was much much better:
“Daikon Shake” (salmon, lumpfish roe, smoked cheese, avocado and wafu).

Sticks’n’ Sushi has been around in Denmark since 1994. Founded by Danish-Japanese brothers Kim and Jens Hansen, they’ve already established themselves in the UK and in Germany. This is a brilliant idea and all I can hope is that, sometime in the near future, they will open a New York City branch so that I won’t have to dream about it every day, as I have.

ENJOY
LOVE
Gerald Thomas

Date of visit: April 2019
SticksNSushi, Gæsteansvarlig at Sticks'n'Sushi, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2019

Dear Gerald,

Thank you very much for your beautiful words!
We appreciate you taking your time to write this great review.
How lovely to hear that you had a good experience with our takeaway.
We hope that we will be able to welcome you on another occasion.

Reviewed April 17, 2019 via mobile

Good charisma in this place, fast and efficient service. They have an excellent bartender that made my day it's an restaurant, bar and hotel that is recommended!

Date of visit: April 2019
SticksNSushi, Gæsteansvarlig at Sticks'n'Sushi, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2019

Dear kjetilal,

Thank you very much for writing such a lovely review.
We are very happy to hear that you had a great evening with good food and service as well.
We hope to welcome you on another occasion in Copenhagen, London or Berlin.

Reviewed April 9, 2019

The venue, upstairs and looking over the Tivoli gardens at night was just stunning. The staff and the food were equally fab, my daughter loves sushi and I like the sticks so we were both happy, the food is beautifully presented and delicious. Would definately recommend

Date of visit: April 2019
SticksNSushi, Gæsteansvarlig at Sticks'n'Sushi, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2019

Dear Boags1303,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review.
We are happy that you had a nice experience at our restaurant.
We hope to welcome you on another occasion.

Reviewed March 11, 2019

Really great food great flavours had mainly vegetarian and the tastes were fantastic-especially loved the salad with the seaweed and the grilled broccoli. What was disappointing was the service- over 20 mins to be served drinks one of our party turned up after the other three but still not late for the table booking and never got asked what drink they would like- another 20minute wait once at table before meal order taken . One of our party asked for soup as a main course after their starter selection and told not possible - we had to argue in order for the even to go and ask.- in the end told them to bring all the food at once if it was that impossible- Another 20 ins before food arrived and even then they forgot one of the soups. Lighting so bad we had to turn on our mobile phone torches to read the menu. waitress only interested in selling us huge platters no explanation of anything else. Were good over getting us the bill which after previous waiting we were please about- so 10 for food but 1 for service and lighting oh and we had to take our shoes off to sit at a sunken table- very pretentious. Loud drunken table of vocal men didn't help either- no attempt made by staff to quieten them down

Date of visit: March 2019
SticksNSushi, Gæsteansvarlig at Sticks'n'Sushi, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2019

Dear little_haynes,

Thank you for taking time to write us your review.
We always appreciate guest feedback.

First and foremost we are happy to hear that you enjoyed the food and had a great experience here.
We are of course sorry to hear that the service did not live up to our usual standards. We apologise for your experience. Can you please send us an e-mail at: sticks@sushi.dk with the date of your visit as well as which restaurant you visited, then we will get back to you with a solution to your unsatisfying visit.

We are looking forward to hear from you.

Kind regards