“Delicious Asian food and flavours”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Restaurant Namnam - CLOSED

Restaurant Namnam
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Inner Vesterbro
Melbourne, Australia
“Delicious Asian food and flavours”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Found ourselves in the Vesterbrogade area tonight, and were pleased we could get into NamNam for dinner around 8pm.

The restaurant does a brisk trade and we were soon at a table inside the quaintly decorated space. Ordering was a challenge because there were so many delicious things. We settled on the chickpea fritters with yogurt sauce, lovely light vegetable morsels bursting with fresh herb flavours; the flying cheese roti, a crepe-like pastry with a luscious spinach, cheese and chilli filling, and the cod ceviche, beautifully fresh fish with lime, chilli, onion and sesame seed seasoning. It was all very tasty, wonderful quality, and enough food for two people with decent appetites, although some people might find the serves small.

The 'signature' monitor cocktail with chilli was excellent - heaps of lime and mint with a great chilli kick. The Asian hold up cocktail was fresh and fruity, sunshine in a glass. Free tap water was also provided on request.

If I were being picky, our table was a bit wonky, our order of Chinese broccoli was forgotten (but not charged) and staff service was on the patchy side. None of that really amounted to much for food prepared and served with care. All up 415 kroner before tip, and well worth it.

• Visited August 2013

Dayton, Ohio
“Asian delicious”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Namnam is a few blocks away from the train station.. A small place with huge taste and flavors. Check out their website for full menu. 2 drinks, appetizer, bread and 2 entrees was $400DKK (US$72). An excellent dinner for two.

• Visited July 2013
St. Louis, MO USA
“Noisy, original, & delicious”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Opened by Claus Meyer, one of the co-owners of the infamous #1 restaurant in the world, Noma, this is a great place for food inspired by Singapore and for original reasonably priced, spicy food that locals love. My husband and I enjoyed their chick pea fritters, salmon, and great eggplant, and appreciated fast and attentive service. The food is original, fresh, Asian fusion and ideal for sharing. This is a must try from among many choices when in Copenhagen, and easily located.

• Visited July 2013
Frederiksberg, Denmark
“A Nordic version of the Nonya Kitchen”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I can recommend that you go and try out the Nonya restaurant in the center of Copenhagen, Denmark. It is very busy, which is always a good sign, and therefore expectations were high. The atmosphere was very good, People were very helpful and friendly. I have been to Singapore a lot of times and for longer periods so I am familiar with the Nonya Kitchen. I loved the snack with chickpeas and a spicy yoghurt/chili sauce. The kosong was somewhat in between what I would expect it to be, a little too crispy as well as a little too rubberlike. The saffron salmon was good, and the free range pork BBQ was even better and very juicy, but both lacked the spicyness that I particularly love about the Nonya Kitchen. I will come back - for sure - and then I am going to try the chili crab and the beef rendang, and if those two dishes are not very far from bland, I will be disappointed. I am not a beer fan, but I have always preferred beer to wine when eating most Asian food.
By the way I truly believe that the right way to order Asian food is to do it the Makan Kaki style. Order several different dishes and share, That is great.
The experience was more than average, but not quite very good. Spice up your stuff is my advice. The mixture of Chinese and Malysian cuisine gives a huge variety in dishes and a spicyness that is typical for the Malaysian cuisine.
Enjoy!

• Visited June 2013
Munich, Germany
“enjoyable!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We ate here on our final evening, the restaurant was suggested by our hotel for an early dinner.

We really enjoyed the food which is a modern Malaysian fusion. The service was pleasant and attentive. The Flying Cheese was delicous, then we had the Chilli Crab which was great despite the mess, and the 5 Spice Duck, also very good.

It was the first meal that we ate for less than 500 Krone and we enjoyed it very much.

• Visited June 2013