“Definetely have to go here whenever I go to Copenhagen”
Review of Oscar Bar Cafe

Oscar Bar Cafe
Ranked #211 of 2,378 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Rotterdam
“Definetely have to go here whenever I go to Copenhagen”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

A very nice place to go and have a coffee or wine on a Sunday afternoon. The location is great, usually nice crowd, friendly staff and wonderful food.

• Visited November 2013

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
“I love this place”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

If you're gay, or gay-friendly and just want a nice place to hang out, Oscar's is the place for you. First off, it's located in the heart of Copenhagen's city center, amongst all of the old architecture and beautiful pedestrian streets. Second, it's one of the few places I've attended where I routinely meet new people. The crowd is mixed males and females, and over 30s-ish. Literally, every time we go, we end up talking with the people next to us. Someone even helped me when I first moved here about finding a job in academia!

It gets four stars, but mostly for the atmosphere. The food is nothing to write home about, but the service is nice and friendly. Also, they have a pretty good selection of beer.

• Visited November 2013
Syracuse, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very friendly but only a gay bar in name”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My partner and I went here because we had seen it written about in The Gay Guide. This is a nice place very friendly with good food but it is a mixed crowd. If you are looking for a place to get to know the gay community this is really just a gay bar in name only although it is a very nice place.

• Visited August 2013
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We were at the viking museum and wanted to find a place close by. Oscar Bar could not have been better. The staff was great. The food even better. We had a great lunch. I had the goat cheese salad. It was large and delicious. My companions had a burger and salmon burger. both throughly enjoyed their meal. The price was not bad either. This restaurant is definitely worth a visit.

• Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
“What a burger :-)”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I always go to Oscar bar when I am in Copenhagen. They have good food and a nice selection of beers. On this visit, I ordered the burger. It was perfectly cooked and very juicy :-) The home fries could have been crispier. It seems like they soaked up a bit too much oil Of course, I will return on my next visit.

• Visited July 2013