“Very good”

Retour Steak
Ranked #163 of 2,677 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Danish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

We found this on trip adviser. We had the tenderloin steak... the atmosphere was great. Would bee nice too get something other then french fries. But overall a great place.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

The steak was good. Drinks are good. The spinach side dish was good. I along spent about 500 Krones. I knew that going in, but just be warned that everything there in Copenhagen is slightly expensive (coming from the US). One of the cool things was that I didn't feel like I had to dress up. I didn't bring any dress clothes to wear. I just had some jeans and a polo and I fit in with no issues. The place is slightly small so reservations is ideal unless you are travelling alone. There are other steak places but websites seem to show their dress code was a little more fancy.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

We needed a steak after the marathon, and a quick search turned up Retour Steak. The restaurant was busy for a Sunday night, but our reservation was early in the evening. It is a lovely place, beautiful decor, comfortable seating, although tables are close together. Waiting staff were very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. All spoke excellent English.

The menu is small - steak or lobster, with a few starters and desserts. We chose the white asparagus on hollandaise and a crab summer salad for our starters (both 95DKK). We each declared ours was the most delicious. Then Mr B had the 350g ribeye, I had the 225g tenderloin (both 255DKK). We ordered our steaks medium, and they were perfectly cooked for us. The steaks are served with chips (a few too many for us), plus either a bearnaise sauce or a red wine sauce, both equally delicious, especially for dipping chips into the bearnaise.

I couldn't manage a dessert, so opted for espresso (25DKK) and petit fours (40DKK). Mr B chose the panna cotta (95DKK), which was smooth and cool and creamy, served with lime and cherry sorbets.

I had a glass of the Puligny Montrachet (140DKK), which was deliciously chilled and enjoyed with my crab salad.

1  Thank Lesley B
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Lovely steaks. Tried the uruguay 350 g ribeye and the american rib-eye (both very good, but could have been seasoned a little bit better). The fries were soooo extremely good such as the bearnaise..

Had the Mön pilsner with the food, served refreshingly in a wine glass. You need to have an appetite when you go here, after alll- you have to try the steaks!!

The restaurant was very warm so after finishing our meal, we had to leave for some fresh air...=(

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Though I'm not quite understand why Retour only offerred 350 and 500 gram of Ribeye in their menu (too little too much, especially when you also had starter to begin with), I fully understand why the place was so packed. The steak was served and cooked to perfection. Love the sweet fries on the side.The meat was juicy that I didn't even touch the Bearnaise sauce that came along with it.
However, I have to say that the highlight of my dinner was the Scallops (served as starter). One of the best dish I ever experienced. Served with white garlic, tiny bit of sauce and malt chips. Flavor was excellent!

Service could be improved. One thing that I noticed that though the waitress knew I didn't speak Danish, she continued serving us in Danish and only talked to my boyfriend (who understand and speak Danish). Price wise, it's good compare to the quality of the food we had. We both have starters, mains and shared a bottle of white wine. Overall it cost us around DKK1000 (app. USD200).

Note, I put poor on romance due to the facts that the place was so packed and tables are put very close to each other, I don't think you'd be able to enjoy a romantic candle light dinner.