“Excellent!”

Retour Steak
Ranked #137 of 2,641 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Danish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Best steak ever:-)
Best steak we've ever tasted, and with good service and good wine the dinner was perfect!

Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

I chose this from recommendation from a colleague. I don't normally look at meal prices before entering however if you do you may turn away as you can eat considerably cheaper in the area- but you won't find much better

Great steak
Excellent house wines nicely aged
Superb bernaise sauce

No issues and a clear would come back

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Retour Steak have a very basic menu, but what they have, they do well!

I had the steak with bearnaise and crispy fries.

There was plenty of food on the plate, and it was really good.

It's a very minimalistic restaurant, and sometimes you sit a bit close to the other guests.

But you get an excellent meal which is fairly priced!

Definently worth a visit.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I went there with colleagues from work, because one of them (a Danish) recommended it specifically because he knew I die for a GOOD béarnaise sauce.
It is a very small restaurant, but the atmosphere is nice. What caught my attention was the 500 gms steak they offer. That's half a Kilo!!! I did not ordered it because it was too much, but I was tempted so I had more meat to eat with the famous béarnaise sauce. Well the steak arrived, rare as I like it :), the wine, the fries and the most famous sauce. It was beyond spectacular, so creamy and the acidity level from the vinegar all paired with a great wine, the night was perfect. The only thing is that this was a business dinner so I really did not pay attention to prices... but if you like béarnaise sauce GO!
If I ever go to Copenhagen again, I will definitely go there... maybe twice ;)

An anecdote to share, couple of months ago a friend posted on his FB wall that he was in Copenhagen, and of course I recommended him this restaurant. He wrote back to me a couple of days later saying that in his many years of traveling all over the world in business trips, he had never followed any recommendation anyone had given to him, but he did with mine, and he was absolutely pleased that I recommended it, and that he went.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

amazing food - lobster was nice and of great size and steak tasty and perfectly prepared. Bernaise just world class! Highly recommend this place. Don't count on a quiet romantic place though - tables are placed very, very close to each other.