“Disappointing”
Review of Botaniq - CLOSED

Botaniq
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Description: MORE THAN GOOD TASTE "Botaniq is tasty food & juice, with more flavor. We use exclusively plant-based ingredients, and focus on organic produce and sustainability with every serving"
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I don't know whether I was expecting too much from all I had heard about this restaurant , but this was a disappointing meal. The ethos of the place , it's stylish bar , decor and atmosphere all seemed to bode well but the food failed to excite or satisfy us.
The menu - you can find it on their website - promised some interesting combinations but what arrived on the plate was , sadly , uninspiring . Leaving aside the slow service ( I don't have a problem waiting for freshly prepared food , but this was slow in an empty restaurant ) and the waitress's mistake in our order , the food was average , and expensive for the small portions.

1  Thank Flynn59
Thamawat, Community manager at Botaniq, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

We are very sorry that our food and service did not live up to your expectations. We value feedback, and I will give this feedback to the rest of our staff, so we can improve and become better. We hope to see you again, however, and that next time you will be satisfies.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

So impressed with this restaurant, you have to go if you are in Copenhagen. We were only in Copenhagen for 1 night and after a bit of research into recommended vegetarian/vegan restaurants in Copenhagen it was clear this was the place to try! It is always a treat when you can choose anything from a menu, but all top reviews of the Firefly Garden are well deserved. The menu was exciting and inventive, and every course was delicious. We normally stick to starter & main when out for dinner but so glad we went for the 3 courses menu - the desserts were stunning, & the price really good value for what we got. The staff were great, and even got me the ingredients list for one of our mains so I can attempt to recreate it once I'm home!

1  Thank lornaje
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I've been vegan since the 90s, way before it was cool to be vegan, so I've tried a lot of vegan restaurant and vegan dishes. I've been to some great places, but this one is amazing. My wife and I went in expecting the usual vegan fare, but what we got was exquisite gourmet food at reasonable prices. I mean, it's still pretty costly, but considering the quality of the food, it's very reasonable. The flavors, the combinations, everything was amazing. If I lived in Copenhagen I'd go there as often as my wallet would allow. We asked the owners to branch out to the States, and hope they make their way out here soon.

Bravo, you really hit the ball out of the park!!!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Three of us celebrated my birthday at Firefly Garden and it was a treat. We chose the three courses with matching wine which was a real winner. Entree was raw beetroot soup, drunk from a glass and very tasty. Main courses were different for each of us but featured cous cous, inspired ways with root vegetables, purees and grains. Like the entree, each dish was bursting with flavour. Dessert was rich and wonderful (try the chocolate three ways, if they have it). The servings were huge and we had to waddle out and walk back to the hotel. The chef obviously loves what he is doing here. Meat eaters: this is the perfect way to embrace vegetarian food - my husband is a hard core carnivore and he loved it all!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Being a vegetarian for many years now turned vegan 80 per cent of the time, CPH is a difficult city to eat out in. Firefly is a VERY welcome reprieve. Fail to understand why no more restaurants such as Firefly exist.

Pleasant service, pleasant atmosphere, delish foods. Treat yourself to 3 courses.

Already booked a table for next week