“Good for a one night” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 114 Hotels in Copenhagen
London
“Good for a one night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

This is a good hotel for a central location, was good value and lively. The rooms were fine although the bathroom was small. Service fine and breakfast excellent. Fairly funky decor and the short stay was enjoyable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

There are many good reasons to select First Hotel Skt. Petri as your Copenhagen hotel, but its location is one of the most compelling. Located in the beautiful, picturesque neighborhood of the Latin Quarter, the hotel is just steps away from the Stroget and literally dozens of bars, cafes, and restaurants. Unlike the neighborhood around Central Station (which is where many of the hotels Rick Steves recommends are located), this is a neighborhood you enjoy being in after dark. Most major sites and attractions are located within walking distance as well. The rooms are comfortable and chic. Service is friendly and efficient. The breakfast had ample variety. I highly recommend First Hotel Skt. Petri!

Room Tip: I strongly recommend requesting a balcony. We stayed in room 716 and the view from our balcony was...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for two nights if you are looking for someone to make you coffee or tea forget it you have to make it yourself i had trouble finding someone to get me a small jug of milk i gave up in the end and had to do without . I was breakfast inc so orderd room service the next day of which they charged me surley this should have been a tray charge only rather than breakfast and a tray charge so i had to pay twice having stayed in 5 star hotels and worked at a few when i was younger i was not happy with the breakfast sevice if you want to class yourself as a five star hotel then its a must that you reflect it in the service . The hotel is nicley located and the concigre was very helpful inside if the lobby and bar area very nice rooms could do with a little updating and the shower is a bit of minefield to work out

• Stayed April 2013
Utrecht, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights this week on a business trip. Location is good, a very short walk to the main shopping street. Service is good, rooms are quite OK. Not big and for me a minus that the room looked out at the main square of the hotel. The windows didn´t open, either. This made it a little warm in the room and when I turned on the AC, it made some noise so I could´nt easily fall asleep.
The rooms are very clean, and breakfast is very good. Lots of choice and everything fresh. Also lots of choice in coffees.

Room Tip: I would choose a room not by the reception, but a bit further away because of the noise
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Excellent location. Interior and room could need an update. We were greeted nicely and could check in early + was upgraded, which was a major plus wrt service. The superior room was of a good size, with a very comfortable bed. This is improtant. Room was clean, but the cleaning during our 3 days could be improved. Most hurridely done it seemed; bed clothes, towels, cleaning of toilet (no cleaning that is). Showering in the bath tub is not very comfortable either. But as I said; would probably have preferred this over the standard room we had booked! Breakfast very good and in nice room, not too noisy/busy. Background "music" in breakfast room and elevator was dreadful. We rented bicyckles by the hotel. Very nice Swedish boyhelped us out. Was a bit dissapointed that we had to revert from Nørrebro to the hotel, because the brakestopped working, but nothing to blame the hotel for of course. All in all, we had a very nice stay, but small things brought down the impression somewhat down.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Louise S, Manager at Skt. Petri, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for bringing your comments to my attention. It’s feedback like yours that help us improve our service, so it’s highly appreciated.
May I also express my thanks to you for choosing to stay at First Hotel Skt. Petri.

I regret to learn about the experience you had at our hotel. Please rest assured the problems you encountered with the cleaning of your rooms is not our regular standard as we strive to continuously deliver high quality service. Your comments have been passed on to Housekeeping Manager in order to avoid re-occurrence.

I am sorry to hear that you were bothered showering in the bath tub, because we both have superior rooms with shower and bath tub, so in the future please let us know that you prefer the shower and we will do our best to accommodate you in one of these rooms.

I glad that you all in all had a very nice stay and may I again thank you for your comments.
I hope to welcome you back at First Hotel Skt. Petri in the very near future.

Yours sincerely,

Louise Snedker
Manager of Operations
Weston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I want to be very objective with this review, I did choose to go here after all my researched and I was expecting special treatment since I belong to a program where I am top tier level. I don't think that hotels in general in Scandinavia are very interested in the rating since I stayed in a partner hotel in my next destination and although considered a 5 stars as well, is not but their service it is. Let's go back to Copenhagen, I was there last week, beautiful city, people, etc etc. It's not my first time so I am familiar with culture, that is why I mentioned that perhaps their culture do not care about what others culture care, nevertheless, as an international destination they should. The hotel has an excellent location if you want to stay in the old city, walking distance to everywhere. The hotel is very casual, a young friendly guy plays the part of door person, bell boy etc etc; the check in is the mezzanine, the decor is more like a nice bar,club with the appropriate loud music. I though they had some event, but that is how the hotel want to be identified, house music in elevators in reception, and you can hear it from your room. I love to party and clubbing but not 24/7. We had to rush at check in because we had a lunch reservation at NOMA (review of that will follow), we did not have time to really take time of the process, we just wanted to drop bags and go. We did realize that they gave us a room, literally next to elevator. We thought they had not seen our membership etc,etc, we would fix it when we return. After 6 hours we came back and spoke with front desk regarding our membership and the courtesies that we are suppose to get, then the agent told us, we know and we already had given you a double upgrade. Really! I dont want to imagine what was my room then. They said they were completely booked and that was the only room available. I did not see anyone at the hotel but that is what they said. Our welcome platter never came I had to call and reminded them, after an hour (7 hours after we checked in) they sent 1 small water and 1 juice and 4 chocolates. I am still fighting the charge of those items that they add to my bill as mini bar usage. They insist that I used the minibar, we just placed those items in the minibar to keep them cold. Listen TA community, it is not what happen to me, things happens, it is the whole attitude and service and attention to detail and fighting with the client. The place might have been "it" some decade ago, I just happen to grab a taxi that the driver used to work there and according to him this was the hotel in his time. Now just lives of the fame it had. Like a fellow TA blogger said, you can certainly can find the same for half the price and at least you are expecting anything, just a bed to rest. I have read reviews that rate this hotel 5. With all your respect, it is not. I am giving a 3 objectively, I would give 1 if I take into consideration what happened to me. Do not recommend. PS: Bar is good and good staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Oscar V
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

we had a great time in Copenhagen and super nice breakfast in the cool hotel lobby, they rent bicicles (dont wait until other take them, (book them early!)
the rooms are cool and quiet
the location is rich in the center of the town with all shos sightseing venues and restaurants around

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple