Scandic Sydhavnen
  • Breakfast included
Copenhagen Admiral Hotel(Copenhagen)
$502
1,249 results
All reviewstrain stationnice hotelcity centrebusiness tripbusiness hotelfree wifieasy accesshotel restaurantnice roomnice staybreakfast buffet isyogurtgymdenmarkconferencecheesebike
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My room was in the new wing of the hotel but I can tell you that it was very modern and clean. Unfortunately, the view was a terrible one but I wasn't there for the scenery or doing some landscapes.
Had a great time in this hotel that was really close to my work location and not so far from the Central Station and Tivoli Park.
As I occupied a superior room, they offered several vocheres that could be spent in the hotel's personal shop or at the bar and I find this a very good idea to spoil your guests.
Breakfast was pretty good and several dishes were served and refreshed if needed.
I will recommend it if you are in Copenhagen and looking for a place to crash without too much sophistication.

Room Tip: Try the rooms in the new built area of the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Camilla G, Front Office Manager at Scandic Sydhavnen, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2014

Dear ArtiFl,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to write your very nice review regarding your stay here at Scandic Sydhavnen.

It is so nice to read that you liked our hotel.

We do hope to be able to welcome you back here at Scandic Sydhavnen again another time

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Dirty and poor room conditions. Never again

Thin mattress, no bed linen...no cover for mattress, so mattress is well on sight!! And don't let me start on bathroom conditions... I have been in much better and cleaner hostels in my life! THis one is even pricy, I expected a very different stay. Never again.

Room Tip: Pricy but dirty, unpleasant bed and drunk man on breakfast..>WEIRD! Never again!!

Dear JanineC,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to write your review regarding your stay here at Scandic Sydhavnen.

I am very sorry that your did not find your room to be clean, this is of course not or standard and for that I am very sorry

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Room was tatty, half of the lights didn't work, safe didn't work, no tea and coffee facilities. Can't get room service after 9pm(?!?!)

Waited 45 mins for my meal in The restaurant and they got it wrong twice, putting tomato sauce on a very burnt burger (never asked me how I wanted it) both times even though I made it clear I had a tomato allergy. In the end I left it without eating it. It takes a special skill to get the same thing wrong twice (and it wasn't busy, there were maybe 8 people in the restaurant) .

Theres nothing near this hotel, no other options for eating apart from a pizza joint down the road. I disagree that you can be expected to walk anywhere from here - its an industrial area and it was 100-odd DKK in a taxi in to the train station.

Copenhagen is lovely but theres got to be lots of better hotels than this - give it a miss.

Dear JedA,

I am very sorry to hear that you did not have a nice stay here at the hotel, we always strive to do our best and in your case that did not happen and for that I am very sorry

Reviewed May 19, 2014

One of this best thing about this hotel is its proximity to Sydhavn S-train station - about 6 or 7 minutes to Copenhagen Central, about 10 or 11 minutes to Nørreport station. The hotel itself is very comfortable and clean, the staff are really friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet is delicious and available until 10am. The food in the restaurant is excellent, admittedly a little expensive (but most things are comparatively expensive in Denmark vs. the UK). You couldn't hope for a better hotel for the price. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sapoynton

Dear Saypoynton,

It is so nice to read that you liked our hotel and find it and its location to be great , and that we have good service,this is very important for us.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

The hotel is fantastic, very modern and clean. The staff are friendly, but make sure you get you credit card scanned at check in to put drinks and food on your room. The food in the restaurant was fantastic, very nice steak! The waiters were very good and the service was very quick and friendly!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great!

Dear SpencerOneill,

It is so nice to read that you liked our hotel , and that we have good service,this is very important for us.