Scandic Sydhavnen
DGI-byens Hotel(Copenhagen)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
1,230 results
All reviewstrain stationnice hotelcity centrebusiness tripbusiness hotelfree wifieasy accesshotel restaurantnice roomnice staybreakfast buffet isyogurtgymdenmarkconferencecheesebike
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 11, 2013

There´s nothing wrong with this hotel, you know what you get.
Our main reason for choosing this hotel for a weekend stay was the free parking. The surroundings are not a reason for staying here. Free wifi.
The train to Copenhagen Centralstation is a couple of minutes away and it takes 5 minutes. Be sure to buy a Copenhagen Card, otherwise it will be quite expensive if you front and back a couple of times.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Camilla G, Front Office Manager at Scandic Sydhavnen, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Tisco031,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review regarding your stay here at Scandic Sydhavnen.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel for 1 week. I fully enjoyed my stay their. Modern design, good breakfast, always there are a lot of taxis near the hotel. Hotel is a bit far from center, so you will need to take a taxi or a bus to travel their.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear vtomyuk,

I am happy to hear that you fully enjoyed your stay here at the hotel.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I liked this hotel. It's out of central Copenhagen, but easily accessible by train within 10 minutes. This makes the hotel a terrific bargain! The room was comfortable, breakfast was good. There is some construction going on next door, but I was not all bothered by noise. Sure, the carpets in the hallways need to be replaced, but my room was nice, and clean. Strange, there is apparently no ice machine for guest use, so I needed to get large glasses of ice from the bar nightly, I amassed quite a collection of used glasses, which housekeeping never took away. Maybe a Scandic thing as I noticed that glasses were never removed from my room in Stockholm either. Arrived on Tuesday and they have a lovely free reception for Scandic Friends members with beer, wine, cheese, snacks, etc. This was quite a nice surprise. I'd definitely return to this hotel if I'm ever back in Copenhagen.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Dear rduncan206,

I am very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay here at Scandic Sydhavnen

I We do hope to be able to welcome you back here at Scandic Sydhavnen again another time

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have been in this hotel during my business trips before and I selected this for our family vacation in because of good Scandic summer offer and free car parking. We stayed both first and last nights of our trip here.

Since my previous visit, the hotel has grown. Superior category rooms and suites seem to be located in recently opened section while the standard rooms are in the older main section. Our first night was in standard room and second in superior. Considering the minimal price difference of these room categories, I would recommend choosing superior room. Bathrooms and furniture start to be in need of upgrading in standard rooms. Airconditioning seemed to be more effective in standard room, though.

As the hotel is big and was fully booked during holiday season, the breakfast room was chaotic and the staff was really working to keep the tables full of food.

Free wifi working exceptionally well.

Free minigolf was great bonus for kids.

Tips:
- Statoil service station just opposite the hotel is open 24 hours in case you need snacks or drinks
- Hotel is not in the city but within 5 minutes walk to S-train station. Train takes you to main railway station in less than 10 minutes. Consider buying a "Day pass" from ticket machines in main railway station as the Day pass is not available in ticket machine at Sydhavnen station. Day pass becomes cheaper if you use public transport more than 3 times in 24 hours.
-Take swimsuit with you: if you ignore the ongoing construction next to hotel, the view from top floor jacuzzi (free as well) is nice.

Room Tip: Superior room here is more than instant coffee and kettle. Go for superior!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank eskobar

DearEskobar,

I We do hope to be able to welcome you and your family back here at Scandic Sydhavnen again another time

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed twice at the Scandic Sydenhaven, and each time the organisation left much to be desired: Keys not working, double rooms instead of twin rooms, housekeeping not done in reassigned rooms and lifts that were very difficult to operate with keys that are not working. This resulted in one person being trapped in the lift and having to be rescued by someone outside. Not a pleasant experience.

After all this, we could have done with a drink from the mini bar. Unfortunately in the the new room we had the mini-bar was missing. By this time, we were too tired to complain about it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Linda_Lawson50
Camilla G, Front Office Manager at Scandic Sydhavnen, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Linda_Lawson50,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review regarding your stay here at Scandic Sydhavnen, this always helps us to notice some things we can become better at.

We have alot of different room types here at the hotel also double and twin. You are given the room type that has been booked and if you want to change the room then that is of course possible.

None of our rooms has minibar, instead we have a shop in the lobby that has open 24 hours.

For security reasons you need to use your room key to get to the floors, and I am very sorry if that has caused you any problems since this is of course not the intention.