“Better than expected! And surprisingly healthy tasting”

Nachos Mexican Restaurant
Reserve with
Nachos Mexican Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,866 of 2,311 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Amager
Hareskovby, Copenhagen, Denmark
“Better than expected! And surprisingly healthy tasting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

I took my girls to Fields for dinner on the way home from the aírport one Friday evening, and they chose Mexican. I was expecting tasty but rich and unhealthy Tex Mex at best, and just plain poor quality at worst. As it turned out, the food was rather "original" - I had chosen the vegetarian enchiladas, and this is the first time I have seen brocolli in a Mexican restaurant. There was a creamy sauce over the enchiladas, but it was lighter than I expected, and dosed modestly. The side salad consisted mainly of cabbage - another first in my Mexican restaurant experiences - and the "Mexican" rice was a scoop of sticky basmati! (yum! but not very Mexican...)

My 11year old was very happy with her chicken tostadas, and my 15 year old had no complaints about her "Mexican" burger (more cabbage), though the only Mexican thing about it was the jalapenos.

We all cleaned our plates and I went home feeling full, but much lighter than after a typical Tex Mex meal with loads of refried beans and cheddar cheese. We decided the kitchen must have some cooperation going on with the neighboring Asian restaurant.

The service was OK. I went to the bar to pay as I often prefer to do rather than hand my dankort over. My biggest disappointment was in the atmosphere. It was cold, both literally and figuratively, and the lighting was too bright - no "hygge."

• Visited September 2012