“Great place to wind down with a drink after a day in the city”

Sky Bar at Bella Sky Hotel
Ranked #348 of 2,598 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Seafood, Scandinavian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Amager
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We visited the bar (we were staying in the hotel) for a drink after spending the day in the city. The night time views were very good and the layout of the bar was excellent, breaking up the floorspace and meaning that you're not sitting on top of people at neighbouring tables. The staff were exceedingly helpful & were happy to move us to a different table to get a better view. I think my only complaint is that they were clearly rushed off their feet - not enough of them to cope with the number of clients, meaning we had to wait a fair few minutes to re-order and then pay.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Great bar with an even greater view! Lovely place to relax with friends and significant other, and just chill out :)

1  Thank BlueskiesAndover
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Very nice atmosphere with great view. It is located at the last floor of Bella sky hotel so it gives an amazing view of the town.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

The view from the Sky Bar is great! Service is decent but prices on the higher side. That said; this is to be expected from this kind of place. Not a place to have dinner with a group of 20, but a great place to have a couple of beers and a few appetizers while enjoying the surrounding skyline. I certainly recommend it!

1  Thank RCGenk
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Things You Need to Know Before You Book: The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly

3 Possibly Bad Things That You May Want to Know

1. Beware if you're not coming with a partner or a spouse. The bathroom has a large glass window, into the room, that you cannot dim. You can see the other person poop and take a shower. This is very uncomfortable because I came with a relative. But there is a way around it. Because you may care about your privacy, you'll have to close the bathroom door and let hot water run for about five minutes. This will fog the large glass pane making you feel as if you actually have privacy in the bathroom. Then you have about ten minutes to get ready. If you only have to use the bathroom, simply don't turn the lights on or turn on the light that's located underneath the skink.

2. The bathroom has no ventilation. No bathroom fans. This means that the bathroom gets stuffy very fast and it starts to smell from towels, if not from worse things! I think you get the point.

3. The windows cannot be opened. Our room was small. Big enough for two. It gets stuffy very fast. DON'T bring food into the room because you'll get to smell it very fast. Sadly the windows cannot be opened to air out, so the best we could do is by leaving the door open for up to half an hour.

3 Good Things About This Hotel You Need to Know

1. The beds are very comfortable. You'll be very warm.
2. The hotel is enormous and very modern. If you don't feel like going into the city every day, you can always find something to do at the hotel. From a lovely spa to a small but modern gym, and more. There are so many areas to which you can escape.
3. Breakfast is included. Try to get there early because it fills up fast. I enjoyed every breakfast at this place. If you don't like the free breakfast buffet, try one of the restaurants.
4. Free tea and coffee at night. Head over to the lobby on the first floor for free coffee and tea at night. I enjoyed sitting and reading in this lovely area.

Now for the Ugly

I mentioned it already. 1: No bathroom fans. 2. No bathroom privacy 3: Windows cannot be opened. The room becomes stuffy fast. Don't eat or drink in it.

Do I regret booking here? Not really. It's a wonderful hotel, but if I ever come back again, I'll book the same room just for myself, or I'll book a larger one if I am coming with someone else. I'll never book this room with a friend or a relative. It's just not friendly in that way because of the bathroom and other things I mentioned.

Regarding the view: We were on the 13th floor. It's nice to have the view, but the view is not very good. You don't see much of the city. It's not very attractive in the winter.

P.S. If you've never booked close to the airport, here is my suggestion: Don't, not in the winter. The public transportation is great here, but it's freezing in the winter and you may regret it. I'm sure this place rocks in the summer.