“A real gims”

Ranked #4 of 386 things to do in Copenhagen
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed October 4, 2013

A beautiful old bulding with a good story. You can see it far away from because it is so high. Try to go all the way to the top.

1  Thank FamilyJensen

Reviewed October 1, 2013

The climb up the spire of this church is hard work, but worthwhile. It starts inside, with the steps becoming ever steeper before a platform is reached at the base of the spire. The view from here is good, but the walk up to the top of the spire is a must. The steps wind round the outside of the spire and become narrower and narrower until it is impossible to climb any further! All in all quite an adventure and cheap, too.

2  Thank MaggieCass
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

It is steep, it is narrow in places, but I really think the climb is worth it. Stunning views of the city and I though 35 krone was a perfectly reasonable. I disagree with comments that it seems unsafe, the railings are pretty tall and I once went up a church in Tallin which was much more scary in terms of structure. The view is amazing, it was a clear day and I'm not sure if it would have been so lovely in the rain, but if the weather is good, I highly recommend.

1  Thank AndieL0wings
Reviewed September 29, 2013

A great way to get to see Copenhagen from above and have a unique experience. It has a brilliant vantage point looking back at the city and is very special walking around the outside of the spire. Its a fair walk to the top and very crowded on the Saturday that we went, so be prepared, but totally worth it.

1  Thank mrrplanner
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I would recommend Church of Our Saviour for some great views of Copenhagen. The climb may be tiring for some. The stairs are really narrow at the top and with the people coming down, it was little difficult to stand and go up. For photographers, its a great opportunity to capture aerial views of Copenhagen.