“Very Interesting!”

Ranked #34 of 393 things to do in Copenhagen
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Okay, so some of the Danish design pieces are kind of weird, but I think that's the point! You really can't miss the opportunity to see this museum and get a taste of the world famous "Danish Design." There were also a lot of older artifacts in the museum which made it more interesting overall. I walked through with my friends and we had a good time both appreciating the art as well as laughing at some of it.

Reviewed June 10, 2011

This is a small-ish museum, and as the name implies, the focus is on design - product/industrial design, graphic design, some architecture as well, and some artworks. When I was there, it wasn't just contemporary Danish design (which I love) on exhibit, but also some centuries-old items out of Asia. I also enjoyed the poster illustrations on display.

I also liked the shop. Nice place to get souvenirs that are more stylish and less tacky than what I'd seen in Tivoli, at comparable prices too.

The admission cost is 60 kroners for an adult, but if you go on a Wednesday, entry is free.

1  Thank chiselstone
Reviewed April 12, 2011

I wish I had read these reviews before I visited the design centre. I agree with all the previous poor reviews. It was shocking bad and it is much better to go to the Art and Design museum on Bredgade or to the homeware shop Illum.
The shop sold an appalling amount of over-priced trash which was ironic as at the time of our visit there was an exhibition on reducing waste and recycling. Most of the products were completely superfluous gadgets that would only end up in the bin a few week after purchase. What is the point of a specially designed plastic bottle that can be filled with tap water to avoid buying expensive bottled water when any old plastic bottle can be recycled for this purpose!
It was a utter insult to Danish design and I wished I'd had the courage to ask for my money back. Don't go there unless there is a temporary exhibition that you particularly want to see. The current one is rubbish (literally) and lasts until 21st august 2011

1  Thank ChrisA9
Reviewed April 12, 2011

A very interesting and comprehensive display of Danish design. And not too large so it's not completely overwhelming. Good cafe and shop.

Reviewed February 3, 2011

This place is an interesting spot to see. Not that big but you easily spend an hour there to check the development of modern Danish design. There is a coffee and a shop (though most of items are overpriced). Definitely worth seeing while in Copenhagen. Location in the center, close to the city hall. The entrance fee was 50 DKK in December 2010.