“Lots of good comfort food in close quarters”

Hache Gourmet Burgers
Reserve with
Hache Gourmet Burgers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #407 of 2,378 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Description: If a bunch of international gourmets had a party and cooked burgers That's the thought behind Haché Gourmet Burgers. Haché is French and means minced. The butchers name is Peter and he only uses Danish cattle. The sesame buns are straight from the oven and the baker who bakes them is from Amager. We serve chicken from France, and all the dips are homemade right here in the kitchen. Is the result then he best burger in the world? I guess we are not quite French enough to answer that. Welcome and Bon appétit
Madison, Wisconsin
“Lots of good comfort food in close quarters”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

The burgers are huge with lots of good ingredients including homemade sauces and pickles. They have your traditional burger as well as other unique selections like chorizo and manchego. They also have several vegetarian options. Their sides include fries and onion rings with a nice selection of dipping sauces. I've been away from DK so long that I had to have the remoulade ;). The atmosphere is ok and seating is tight so it's not a great place to linger or have a private conversation. The total for my burger, fries, and beer was 184 DKK (~$35) so pricey by American standards, but not that crazy for DK. I'll definitely be back, but may do take out next time.

Waddesdon, United Kingdom
“Good burgers and reasonably priced (for Denmark)”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

My ten year old liked it so we went twice; the burgers are very good, of that there is no doubt and the list of choices is impressive. The meat is substantial and cooked properly.

They can be a bit heavy on the pickles and charging extra for fries does seem a rip off. Rustic chips with the skin on is not a culinary wow; however they are presented in a nice fashion.

It's rustic inside and the toilet is very small.

Lunch prices are slightly lower than dinner although the menu is the same as far as I could tell.

• Visited August 2014
Bern, Switzerland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good burgers, pity about the fries”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

I'm a burger guy. I love the trend for gourmet burgers, and Copenhagen has a range of burger restaurants that is almost overwhelming. We settled for Hache as our first Danish burger for a couple of reasons: among others that they use organic ingredients, and the have a dedicated baker to make their buns (the quality of the buns is often neglected, or at least not taken as seriously as it should be.
We ate at their lunch special, which was reasonably priced at 85 krone for any burger off the menu including fries. The service was friendly and fast. The burgers themselves were very good and thoughtfully put together with a good range of flavours. The quality of the meat and bread was top notch. All in all, it was a good choice. But the fries!
How can a restaurant give so much attention to a really good burger, even going to the trouble to customise their burger buns, and then give so little attention to the fries. For a start the choice was either fries or not. No question of whether we'd prefer the skin on; let alone whether we'd like fries made from other vegetables than potatoes. There was also no question of how we'd like them cooked.
The Danes like their fries cooked in a way that they look like fries, but all potato is cooked away until it's been replaced with oil. This leaves a hollow french-fry-shaped crunchy oil sticks. If that's how you like fries, you'll love Denmark. For me personally, that's great when I've drank too much beer, but otherwise it's not my preference. I had the feeling that the fries in Hache are not made on the premises, but come pre-cut in a big plastic bag cooled to minus 18 degrees. Maybe I'm wrong in that (I hope I am), but they certainly weren't 'special', and were nowhere near the quality of the burger. I mentioned this to the server, who replied that 'that's the way they come'.
It's a pity. The really good burger and the rest of the experience (the ginger lemonade was great; as was the espresso and ice cream dessert) was let down by the small, but to my mind important, detail.

• Visited July 2014
Helsinki
“Excellent burgers”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

As they promise they make gourmet burgers, very tasty and good quality.
Lots of choises and big portions.

• Visited August 2014
England
“Yum!”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Lots of choice of lovely gourmet burgers with all the trimmings - choice of sauces, great fries and onion rings. Reasonable choice of beers.

Couple of veggie options - I had the courgette burger, which was a patty (with egg, according to the waitress, not mentioned in the menu so beware vegans). It tasted nicer than it sounded on the menu, in fact it tasted delicious and I ate far too much!

We found this place on the Copenhagen tourist website, it's a little bit tucked away on a side street. The restaurant is small and just a little bit crowded, and quite busy because lots of people come in for take aways. I think we were lucky to get the last table on a very hot evening.

• Visited July 2014