“What a treat !”

Ranked #76 of 3,015 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Frederiksberg
Description: RADIO is modern and informal city restaurant with both feet on the ground. Good food comes from good produce and good craftsmanship. We work closely together with a score of suppliers from Lolland-Falster and Zealand; and our menus change 12 times a year, as it has done from when we opened. At times it pains us to substitute dishes our guests love after only 4 weeks, but the process keeps us attentive and close to the seasons. Both our chefs and waiters are on the floor to ensure the greatest possible attention and service to you as our guest. Hence, you can talk to our chefs about the food or hear more about the wine from our waiters.
Reviewed October 31, 2019

I was alone on my last evening in Copenhagen and wanted to treat myself to a good meal. I had read good reviews about this restaurant and I was intrigued by the formula "Yes Chef to everything".

The formula is that you are welcomed with a glass of Champagne, then it is followed by a 7-course meal, coupled with wine pairing.

From the moment I came in, the service was exceptional, professional and friendly.

The dishes were all very good and rather generous in size, so I was more than full at the end of the dining experience.
The pace of the dishes was also perfect.

As for the wines, they were all very interesting propositions. Some rather "left-field" choices as they were not conventional choices. But they worked perfectly and proved that it is ok to go outside of the box with wines.

A great attention is the fact that they are not "cheap" on the alcohol.
In between dishes, it happened that the glass was actually refilled... which was very nice touch.
Some tea liqueur to be had with the tea was also a very nice extra caring attention.

You have to set aside about 3 hours to fully enjoy this experience.

I would definitely recommend this place when in Copenhagen. At 1,395 DKK, it is not cheap, by any standard, but the experience is worth it and for Copenhagen prices, it is actually not so bad.

1  Thank Isa-Francis

Reviewed October 29, 2019 via mobile

I’ve got to say this was amazing. The neighbourhood is a bit nondescript and if you want a drink beforehand plan it because there is nothing nearby. We went for the 5 course menu with wine pairings. There are no choices to make you just take whatever is being cooked that night. It was incredible. Green strawberries pickled with brill? Wow. Jerusalem artichokes lending some crunch to a dessert with apple mousse and hazelnut ice cream? Incredible! Ox cheeks (I think) with raw mushroom and charred leek...it just went on. The wines were different and interesting and definitely not your usual stuff. The wine with dessert was a Catalan wine that reminded me of sherry but wasn’t. The bill came to £120 a head and was incredible value. This is serious cooking, challenging, well executed and brilliant. If I have one criticism, don’t bring me the bill before I ask for it. I know it was quiet and you probably wanted us to go, but after a joyous meal like that, don’t make us feel like we are inconveniencing you.

Date of visit: October 2019
2  Thank hughs387
Reviewed October 20, 2019 via mobile

Discovered this great restaurant by chance. All dishes are very well prepared and were delicious. A creative wine list ideally complemented the food. The Austrian Riesling was excellent with a low alcohol content. A
worthwhile and memorable place.

Date of visit: October 2019
2  Thank 56charlesd
Reviewed September 30, 2019

As our expectations were high before entering Radio, the experience we were given was even better. Already from the first contact we were sure about our decision for the evening. A table booked in advanced, we felt welcome.

The meals kept coming at a perfect pace, nicely paired with wine. Wine of a kind that somewhat challenged the palate. And, belive it or not, one of our little group were given the best caretaking I have ever seen when i comes to non alcoholic beverages. Pairing with the meals were given great attention. This is a rare experience, at Radio delivered to perfection.

So then value for money? What money, the tab came at a very surprisingly low cost. Given the quality for this broadcasting, this is most certainly the Radio where to set your tuner.

The last words is, Thank you all for the great time at Radio.

1  Thank smedbrekka
Reviewed September 24, 2019

I came here for lunch on a Friday in September. To be honest the place was deserted with only one or two other diners in the whole restaurant, and while this didn’t ring alarm bells, it did make we wonder what was in store. What I had in store was in fact one of the best lunch’s I think I have ever had.

The menu, especially at lunch time, is limited but when the food is as good as this you can see they have spent time perfecting every element of every dish. I started with the carrot starter, which is certainly not something I would normally order as a starter, but it was absolutely stunning. This was closely followed by mussels with potato and egg yolk, which if possible was even better. My main course, which was recommended by the excellent and informative waiter, was the lamb with mushroom sauce. I was not a huge fan of lamb or mushrooms. I am now. It was unbelievable.

Not having much of a sweet tooth I normally wouldn’t get a desert, but after the first three courses I knew I had to see what the master in the kitchen could dish up. In turned out to be plum presented in about six different forms, each one more delicious than the last.

It is expensive? In my opinion, for what you get, it is very reasonably priced indeed, especially for Denmark. Are you going to be eating here for lunch every day, obviously no, but for even the smallest of special occasion I would highly recommend Restaurant Radio.

1  Thank Bert81