“Great restaurant”

Cuisines: Scandinavian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Frederiksberg
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We expend 4 days in Copenhagen at the beginning of December and to my opinion this was one of the best restaurants we tried. The place is a bit out of the city center but, you know, Copenhagen is not very large.

The food is excellent and the prices, for being in Denmark, are very reasonable. The three courses menu gives you a great idea about how they can cook. The wine list is also very good.

Finally, not related with the food the decoration is excellent.

There are newer reviews for Restaurant Radio

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I like this resultant very much. The food is nice and the innovative and the price are reasonable. The service was great with a very knowable and service minded waiter.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

It was our first night in Copenhagen and we only had time for a meal before we needed to sleep. We were so lucky that our first meal was at Radio. The meal was terrific, more that we expected, and we were so happy to start our culinary trip to Copenhagen off with such a great start. The food was carefully planned, and each course was a well executed dish. Frederick, our server, suggested a bottle of Chablis for us. It was a terrific suggestion, we were very happy. Thanks Radio...we'll be in touch, we're certainly coming back!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We liked everything about this place - brilliant ambience, exquisite food, perfect service. Even the price seemed reasonable for a meal we will remember for ever.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

There are a lot of good reviews here, but I am sorry this place is not for me.

DKK 400 for 5 courses of basically stir fried vegetables with a hint of meat/fish is excessive in my opinion. Cabbage and Seaweed with nuts? Ice cream with Beatroot (and nuts)? Hmmm....

The worst part was the DKK 600 / $100 bottle of wine. Maybe not the most expensive on the menu, but again not at the cheap end of most places. We got onto a second bottle, and the waiter came and poured it straight into the old glasses, no clean glass and no hint of making sure it was ok. We were shocked. Never, ever, ever, happened to me before - and I've eaten all over the world in all classes of restaurant. I made a comment that weren't we supposed to see it was up to the previous bottle's standard and the comment was 'well you liked it before' as the waiter filled the rest of the guests glasses. Complete shocker. Also I had to pour the wine myself through the whole evening. Again, unbelievable at this level of restaurant I think you'd agree?

This food is overpriced and over-hyped. 2 hours after eating 5 courses I'm hungry. So if you are looking for a meal, find somewhere else. If you want a foodie-thing, then maybe this works given the other rave reviews. Oh, and it was cold in Copenhagen that night, and every time the door was opened we got a blast of freezing air, even though we were tucked away in the corner.

By comparison I ate at a Michelin Star restaurant 4 days ago, fed a party of 6, it was 2/3rd the price and we were completely full of the most excellent food and served by extremely competent waiters. It was a vast cry from this Radio Gaga...

1  Thank Sea-Intake