See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 11, 2018

Whilst this hotel looks and feels very fancy, I have to say that it's very disappointing for 4 stars. I stayed in a one person room for 3 nights, the one person room is very dark and is definitely not suitable for people who like some space, there is not a lot of space to walk around in the small and dark room. I'd definitely recommend the hotel to put some more lighting into the one person room.
The bed is amazing! I slept really comfortable. Shower is really great as well, but in a 4 star hotel I expect to get my own personal bottle of soap and not a shared/used cheap bottle. I ended up using my own soap because I do not find this hygienic.
The breakfast the hotel offers is AMAZING! You can taste that everything is fresh. However I can't say the same for the dinner buffet, it's way too small and doesn't really have anything interesting in it. There should definitely be more meat, as the only meat I've eaten whilst staying there was one small portion of chicken, which was out of everything very good. I'd recommend eating breakfast at the hotel, but eating dinner at a local restaurant. Drinks at the hotel's bar are overpriced, and they kind of keep the prices secretive until you checkout. It's sadly really commercial and you constantly have the feeling that everything you do might cost you money.
For business it's great, but I don't see myself staying here as vacation guest again.

Room Tip: Definitely not the one person room!
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
2  Thank Julian2000nl
GlobRes_21890, Receptionist at Hotel Lautrup Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2018

Dear Julian

Thank you for your review.

We are aware of the issue with the lighting in the rooms and we are working to improve it.

Lovely to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet.

But sad to hear that you wasn´t satisfied with your experience with our restaurant and that you find the prices expensive.

We will take note of your comments.

Best regards
Tina Pehrson
Receptionist

Reviewed February 9, 2018

First impressions are good, friendly staff and large open atrium bar behind reception for meeting colleagues with lots of seating is a nice feature. Check in was smooth and professional, as indeed was checkout at the end.

Food was decent, staff although friendly were a little casual in terms of getting you seated and coming back when you wanted the bill, etc. No allergy information displayed on the menu or self service areas (breakfast), but staff did check when requested.

Rooms sadly are almost from a different hotel. Very poor lighting, single beds (not connecting ones) pushed together to make a double, and 2 star level of amenities. No warmed fluffy towels, chocolates on the bed or tea and coffee here. Just the bare minimum and less than I have seen in so called ‘budget’ hotels in the past.

There is no safe, no iron (there is a communal one in the corridor on the wall), no warmed towel rail, no bath (small shower) and only 2 supplied towels (hand towel, small bath towel) with no shower mat. They do supply hand soaps, but these are the fixed to the wall dispenser style.

The only other ‘facilities’ are a decent size freeview TV on the desk. 1 desk seat and 1 small bucket reading chair. A mini-bar (charged) and 2 glasses. If you want anything else a note indicates reception would be happy to sell you it (but I would suggest going next door to the supermarket which is better value).

The real let down has to be the lighting in the rooms. Layout is usual 2 bedside, 1 desk and a floor lamp, with light in entrance and bathroom separate. However the room lights are not linked to the light switches. When you turn on the ‘main’ light it only turns on a mood light (led light strip) in the headboard. It was so dull I had to get a torch out to work out what was up with the other lights!

I eventually worked out you need to turn them on 1 by 1 clicking the switch hidden under the shade right by the bulb, very 1960’s. This of course needs to be done in the dark, and repeated to leave the room or go to bed. Add in low brightness bulbs and large solid metal shades on the lamps which make this fiddly, and hardly worth the effort as the room is still very dull with them all on.

Bearing in mind this is a 4 star hotel and you would expect a lot more of the little things to make the room more livable in. From the rooms side it feels more like a budget B&B than an expensive 4 star business location.

Location is 10 mins walk from the station which links to Copenhagen (30 min ride), rail tickets were in 50DKK range one way, a cab back from Copenhagen was 350DKK area. Site also has parking if you are driving. The main attraction for this hotel is the local business which can all be walked to easily, but if exploring you would be better placed nearer town.

Room Tip: There is a supermarket next door, far cheaper if you need drinks, snacks or extra toothpaste while staying.
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled on business

Dear Craig B

Thank you for your review.

We are aware of the issue with the lighting in our rooms and we are working to improve it

Reviewed December 21, 2017

Service is absolutely impeccable and staff members were all good people.
The location is approximately 30 minutes from Copenhagen with 5 minutes walk to train and bus and lots of free parking opportunity if you're by car.
The atmosphere is relaxed without lacking in the service.
We felt very welcome and will come back.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed December 6, 2017

Very classy hotel near Copenhagen. The staff is very friendly, the rooms and the rest of the hotel is very clean. The breakfast was tasty. It's very modern and pleasant, but not cosy. I loved the hotel but there were no activities in the area, it's a business area. I enjoyed my stay, my only complaints is the boring area it's in.

Room Tip: There is a nice bar, it's also nice to sit outside.
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights attending an expo nearby, which was very convenient.

The room felt dated, had a very small tv but a comfy bed. The bathroom was small and the door went inwards which presented a minor problem when I wanted to close it. The shower was ok, but the water pressure less satisfying.

Breakfast costed me an additional 120 DKK/day extra, probably because I booked thru hotels.com but it wasn’t mentioned when booking or on the confirmation. The price was already fairly high, so one would expect it to be included.

The breakfast was not worth the price! The first morning I went there at 7 and it was ok. The tables was clean and they had stocked up on food, but on day two a different scene met me. Very few guests were there, but most tables had left over cups and trash on them. Many food items wasn’t restocked and it felt messy all over. Not what I expected when choosing a less busy time to have breakfast.

The bar is cosy and I ordered dinner from them twice and it was great. Both the cheeseburger and crispy chicken burger was delicious and prices fair.

The hotel doesn’t have a gym, but if you’re into running there’s plenty of great places to do so. Ask reception and they’ll help you out. The surrounding area doesn’t offer much on forms of restaurants or entertainment, but there’s a supermarket behind the hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business