“Nicely located and for Copenhagen's price level very cheap, but rambling and cramped hotel/hostel.”
Review of Hotel Jorgensen

Hotel Jorgensen
Ranked #101 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Location and price for hostel dorm room is good. However, the room I stayed in was very cramped as well as the showers. There was only couple plugs in the room for ten people. Sheets are for rent (unless you bring your own)

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank ihananna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Decent location, pretty close to a metro station. But its quite a walk from the main train station though. The hostel is mostly underground and is literally a maze. Rooms and bathrooms are average, nothing spectacular and not very clean. No lockers to store your stuff. The only real plus is the free breakfast, the spreads and cold cuts on offer are really good ! There is a big hall area to hang out in and meet other backapackers.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed November 28, 2011

The Joergensen hotel is very well located, just one or two blocks from the metro and the station which is the ideal to stroll around the city. The neighbourgh is wonderful,lively and quite at the same time. We stayed in the hotel side and we paid 2750dkk for 5 nights,resonable in Copenhagen.
The checkin procedure was very nice and the payment is at the arrival.
We were given a spacoius room -#14- next to the reception and this made our nights a bit loud, but it was fine. We asked for separeted beds and we got one double bed and one single,both very comfy. The only complains I can tell about the room are: we had a very tiny sink in the room with a little mirror and in a 5 day stay they were never cleaned; the other is of course the absence of a toilet into the room.
I kwen it when I reserved but the share bathroom provided was the hell! It was quite impossible to move into, it was like a cell and no window,on the ceiling there were two neon lights which got hot very fast making that toilet like the hell!
Moreover an evening at around 10pm I went to the toilet and I discover there was no toilet paper, nothing! With the unease and the discomfort you can well imagine I went to the front desk guy and I asked him some, he looked quite afraid and confused, then went to search and came back to me with an already in use roll telling me to try to ask the day after - wow! It sounded like : "try again tomorrow maybe you will have more luck"! Unbelievable!
But I have to say that I had some luck, someone put in the toilet a new roll on the day after!
The shower was shared too, even it was spartan was comfortable.
Breakfast was a bit poor and quality was not amazing - I work in a hotel, I know what I say.
In the hotel rooms there is no safe. By the way, I was forgettin to say that on our first night, at 04.20am while we were sleeping someone tried not once but twice to forced our door to open.
Anyway, the location is great and the price is not bad beeing in Copenhagen, if in Copenhagen I would go to this hotel only for price,the location and for the room, but I don't think I will.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Copenhagen hotels

Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2010

Dirty, uncomfortable, noisy, smelly, probably unhygenic, didnt sleep a wink. only stayed one night, wouldnt even contemplate sending a dog to stay here.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Speckymac
Americaine en France
Reviewed April 18, 2010

I woke up with 20-30 bed bugs bites on my body after 1 night here. That should tell you, DO NOT STAY here.

Other problems include beds literally crammed into the rooms (1 foot apart from each other), drunken teenagers running around all night, NO locks on the doors and crap lockers in the basement, labyrinth of hallways to find a toilet/shower and of course, the receptionist tried to rip us off when we checked in, by not giving us correct change.

Oh yeah and the mattresses are about 1 inch thick.

BUUUUT, excellent location, low price, good breakfast.

I think this place is slightly better during the week, when the Danish teenagers and English chavs are gone.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank marychow
Rome, Italy
Reviewed March 1, 2010

I f your looking for a short stay in Denmark and want quick access to trains and the main area of Copenhagen then this is a decent hostel. If however you want a private shower and a little bit more personal space you are better with a cheap hotel.

My stay here was pleasant but I couldn't stay for more than one week.

Overall what you would expect from the cheapest hostel in Copenhagen. OK but far from good. however the breakfast is fairly decent.

Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Sasagawa
Copenhagen
Reviewed December 19, 2009

We stayed here for two nights before heading out for an interrail trip around Europe. We booked in at a 10-bed room. And it was not a plesant experience! The room was not cleen at all. A class of highschool childen on a schooltrip were running arround in the stairs both nights! The showers must have been from somwhere around the 50's (old), and the showers at the first floor was approximately about 1 sq. meter!!! Breakfast was ok. But after 1 month around Europe this was the worst hostel experience we had!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple