Saga Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Copenhagen Admiral Hotel(Copenhagen)
$502
  • Restaurant
All reviewsshared bathroomtrain stationbudget hotelshared facilitiesshower toiletfree wifitivoli gardenstwo single bedshotel is perfectcontinental breakfastexpensive citycomfy bedflat screen tvconvenient locationstayed for nightsmin walkshort stay
Reviewed August 16, 2012

For the price we had to pay, we didn't find the basic quality we could expect, and we found the hotel not suitable for families. No lift (we were on 4th flour), no help to carry the luggage, a very cold welcome from the staff on first day, the soundproofing of the rooms very insufficient (both a noisy district of the city - actually, the red light district! - and the unintentional but yet very disturbing noise of the other guests). But the worst, one toilet and one shower to share between the many rooms of the floor. Much to expensive.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I spent 2 night with a kid there, this is neither the first nor the last time for me to go there with my family. Most of the guests are youngish couples or young families with kids, Danish as well as non-Danish.

pros: just 140 steps away from the Central Railway Station. Helpful staff. Good breakfast. Luggage storage room.
cons: quite noisy (seems to have thin walls), no lift

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank camelfreak
Reviewed July 27, 2012

This hotel has a great location, particularly if you are not staying long in Copenhagen. Close to the main train station and Tivoli Gardens. I did feel a little unsafe in the area around the hotel so avoided leaving/coming back to the hotel too late at night. The reception smells strongy of smoke which was an unpleasant welcome and there is no lift, but the room was pleasant and large enough for our needs.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We never got to stay in this hotel.... We booked this hotel through a well known booking website and guaranteed the booking with a credit card. I received an email 2 days before saying my credit card was invalid and to provide an alternate credit source for my booking. I provided details of a second card to the hotel. For the record the first card I provided was perfectly valid and I had been using the same card all through Europe and the UK for the past 6 weeks with no issues and there was plenty of credit left. Since we had been travelling through Iceland internet was a bit patchy and when I checked my emails before the flight to Copenhagen I found the hotel had cancelled my reservation. I rang the hotel and they insisted the other card and the original card was not valid. They said it may be my card has a PIN that is why it wouldn't work but this is the first I have known a PIN to be necessary to preauthorise or were they trying to charge my card before I arrived? something not contemplated under the booking conditions). I said that I was happy to prepay over the phone but I really needed the booking for that night as there was limited accommodation left at that stage and I had booked the hotel at least 6 months in advance because of the location and it was very unfair that my reservation be cancelled under the circumstances. The reply I received was there were no rooms left to offer me so there was nothing I could do. I was also told by the person on the phone that they were only the receptionist and there was nothing they could do and they had a foyer full of people they needed to attend to. Bottom line it appears I was bumped for another customer who obviously needed my room. I used the same cards for a shared hostel bed which was all I could get at short notice, hardly the accommodation I had wanted as we are a mature couple staying on B&B's or small hotels...so please do not trust this hotel if you really need your booking.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 2011travelbug
Reviewed June 29, 2012

The hotel is just a 2 min walk from the train station so its very convenient. There are no lifts in the hotel so be prepared to carry your luggage up! Although the bathrooms are shared, there's a sink in the room. The breakfast is great, with a wide variety of ham, bread, and cereal. There are lots of brochures and maps for free so you can plan your sightseeing easily.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family