“Way above my expectations”
Review of Savoy Hotel

Savoy Hotel
Ranked #25 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights at the end of Feb (just got back today) and I was very pleasantly surprised at what a great hotel the Savoy was. When we were looking at hotels in Copenhagen the majority were very pricey above our budget but the Savoy was cheap in comparison. With that in mind I didn't hold very high expectations. Well, I was wrong.

The hotel is in a great location - a ten minute walk to the city square or a 5 minute walk to the trendy meat packing district.

The room was clean, beds were so comfortable! The most comfy I think I've ever slept in at a hotel. Bathroom was good, small but everything you needed.

Breakfast was very good. Lots of cold meats, delicious hot bread and coffee and juices. The breakfast room was always busy but there was always a table available for us.

I'd definitely recommend the Savoy and would stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Emma W
ChristianOxlund, Ejer at Savoy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Emma W,

Thank you for your review, it is much appreciated.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and that we managed to exceed your expectations.

I look forward to welcome you back in the future.

Regards,

There are newer reviews for Savoy Hotel

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I literally cant fault one thing, we had a fantastic time and cant wait to go back again, the staff were so friendly and the breakfasts were super good with a huge variety, our bedroom was very modern and well maintained. It was frezzing outside as it was january when we went but our room was never cold or the water. I would recommend anyone to stay here great hotel :)

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank ryanowens27

Dear RyanOwens,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Savoy Hotel, and a very good one.

I look forward to welcome you back again in Copenhagen.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for the second time in December 2013. I had written a very positive review on our 2012 stay and it was a very nice touch to be allocated the same cosy room we had had on our first stay. Who says hotels don't read reviews and use them to enhance guest experiences?
Staff were charming and welcoming, breakfasts fresh and tasty with the interesting addition of Gammeldansk to the menu (fortifying on a cold morning). Really enjoyed my stay

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alan P

Dear Alan P,

Thank you very much for the second review about Savoy Hotel.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay again, and that we were able to better the second time around.

I look forward to see you the next time you are in Copenhagen.

All the best,

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in February. The hotel is a short walk from the main train station and in a handy location. We had a room on the 5th floor. It was very cosy and clean. The beds were really comfortable. The staff were all lovely and friendly. They were also very helpful and knowledgeable when it came to any questions we had about where to find places to eat/transport and so on. The breakfast buffet was very good, a nice selection food to choose from. I would definitely come back to stay here if ever back in Copenhagen.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SusieLW1987

Dear SusieLW1987,

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review about Savoy Hotel.

I like the comment you wrote about the helpful staff, and I look forward to welcome you back during your next stay.

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 23, 2014

My husband and I have recently got back from a babymoon to the Danish capital where we stayed at the Savoy Hotel.
I'd read that the location was excellent (usually what I look for when making a decision) and the location was not awful, given that it was just 10 minutes' walk from the Central Station and on all the maps of central Copenhagen. Personally, however, I found it to be 10 minutes' walk in the wrong direction. As a pregnant, less mobile individual I now know that all of the sights are on the Tivoli side of the station, and so would rather have stayed somewhere around there with hiindsight. From the Savoy Hotel, it took about 30 minutes to walk to the pretty Nyhavn area and an hour to get to the Little Mermaid statue.
On arrival, we were greeted by a friendly lady on the front desk. In fact, all the staff we met during our stay were friendly and polite.
Our room, however, was a bit of a letdown. We stayed on the top floor (floor 6), which has sloped ceilings and no view. These slightly smaller rooms are still quite spacious and I was happy with the size. What concerned us was walking into our room and being met by a foul musty smell throughout. I left the window open when we were out at dinner, which helped a little. But, mainly, we found that keeping the shower room door shut during the stay eliminated the stench.
I was also a little disappointed that I had requested a room with one double bed in it, but was given a twin room instead.
The room has a safe and nice flat screen telly where we could keep up to date with the Winter Olympics. Also, tea and coffee making facilities.
Breakfast time was always a bit of a struggle to find a table and you may have to share with others. But the breakfast itself was very nice, with cereals, fresh bread, soft and hard cheeses, hams, yoghurts and boiled eggs. Sadly, no Danish bacon!

Overall: ok room, nice breakfast and fair location. Would recommend to others, but would stay more central next time.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Christina2001,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am sorry to hear that you discovered a bad smell in you room. If you had mentioned it at the reception we would have done what we could to get rid of the smell, and when doing that we would have given you another room to stay in.

We cannot change the hotel address. But we do have two buslines 26 and 6A that will take you from our side of Copenhagen to the other side.

I hope you will come back to Copenhagen, and maybe you will choose Savoy Hotel again.

All the best,

Reviewed February 22, 2014

We spent 4 nights in Hotel Savoy in February with parents and one teenager son. We reserved a family room, which turned out to be actually two rooms, one with two single beds and, accessible through the first room, a second room with a king size bed. Both had TV:s, an there was a separate toilet and a separate shower room. This was very suitable for us.
It was very peaceful. There is a construction site on the courtyard but they started only after 9 in the morning. (Instead, a nearby church bell started tolling at 8.) The heating in the room was needed - it necessarily is not put on a high temperature by default, so you should check it. Some reviewers mention about cold shower rooms and moisture in the room. There is no heating in the shower room, but we just left the door open for a while and that fixed it in addition to spending ten seconds in a warm shower. Also, you can open the room windows for a couple of minutes to get rid of the moisture - no problem. The beds were ok. There is a water cooker, tea and coffee in the room. For a longer stay, some kind of cupboard to put things would have been nice.
The breakfast was tasty, containing fresh fruit, coffee, tea, juices, cereals, milk, yoghurt, cheeses, cold meats, eggs, tomatoes and marmelades, bread, rolls and danish pastries. Oh, and a small glas of Gammel Dansk, if you want to... Some might miss the cooked items.
In the lobby there are a couple of Samsung tablets for use, and the wifi works everywhere in the hotel. From the lobby you can also pick a fruit, and there is a small lobby bar.

Room Tip: Family rooms, if you are more than 2!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Just back from a 3 night stay at the savoy. We were very impressed. The staff were friendly. The room was comfortable and had everything we needed. The breakfast was good with a great selection of cold meats etc. perfect location just a short stroll from the city and the train station.

• Stayed: February 2014