“Great value, excellent staff and first class position for exploring”
Review of Savoy Hotel

Savoy Hotel
Ranked #24 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
GreenLeadersBronze level
Hampshire
“Great value, excellent staff and first class position for exploring”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We took the train into Copenhagen from the airport, 13 minutes and you are in the magnificent Central Station. Just 5-10 minutes level walk and you find the Savoy in the less fashionable part of town, but don't be put off by appearances. The scaffolding over the adjoining building was a little worrying but we at no time heard any building works. The reception is bright, clean and inviting as are the reception staff! Nothing was too much trouble and I can only repeat all the previous reviewers, friendly, excellent staff.
Room was a family on the 2nd floor and was just fine, comfortable beds, good shower and room to move around in comfort.
Breakfast was excellent, great breads, rolls, Danish pastries and soft-boiled eggs with juice and coffee.
We could walk into the centre of town in 10 minutes or indeed take the bus, every 7 minutes and stops just along the road from the hotel.
I would highly recommend this hotel and would certainly return to it again if returning to Copenhagen.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Sunchaser56
ChristianOxlund, Owner at Savoy Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Sunchaser56,

Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor.

Especially thank you for your comments on my staff.
We work hard every day to make sure that every guest enjoy the stay.

I will look forward to welcome you in near future again.

Christian Oxlund

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My brother and I stayed at the Savoy Hotel October 22nd - 25th . As I am an Oslo resident, I have stayed in Copenhagen many times, though only at SAS/Radisson hotels. This time I was looking for an hotel that was reasonable and centrally situated. I found the Savoy on Laterooms.com and checked it out on Tripadvisor. I was a little apprehensive, as the Savoy is half the price of the hotels that I stayed at 'in better days'. However, I was pleasantly surprised, as this hotel suited our needs very well. The two single rooms were small but quite adequate - how much space does one person need? One thing we greatly appreciated was the fact that the central heating was easily adjusted. I like a cold, Scandinavian bedroom, while my brother's chemo-therapy makes a warm room essential. The continental breakfast was extremely good (and included). We thought it was pleasant to have breakfast without the perpetual smell of bacon and eggs etc. the staff were pleasant and helpful at all times. The only negative thing that I can say about the Savoy - given its reasonable rates - is that the walls are somewhat 'thin', so one hears sounds from the neighbouring rooms. All in all an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Our rooms faced onto a quiet courtyard, I believe many of them do. NB I did not check off terrible f...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Carol Elva C
Dear Carol,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments about our little hotel.

I am glad that you and your brother enjoyed the stay and I hope that you will return the next time you are in Copenhagen, wether it is on business or pleasure.

Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Charming but very old and quaint hotel close to the heart of Copenhagen.
Desk staff very friendly and helpful. Within walking distance to the main shopping precinct and lots of restaurants in the area. Short walk from Copenhagen central station so easy to take the train from the airport. Yhis is a vintage hotel with a quaint old lift with a circular door but the modern lift was under reno when we were there so should be up and running. Our room was quite small but adequate. A little noise from adjoining room but not too bad and our room overlooked the courtyard. Breakfast room nice and breakfast nice and adequate if typical European.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor room and at the rear or overlooking courtyard
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Koolkat-7,

Thank you for your review.

I am very glad that you remembered us from you stay almost a year ago.

Many things have happened at the hotel since you stay. We have renovated all rooms and the reception area too.

I hope to see you again at th "new Savoy Hotel" in the future?

Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Just back from eight great days in Copenhagen, six of them spent at the Savoy - I changed hotels once I had the chance to see the Savoy in person! The friendly staff, comfortable room, pleasant breakfast area, bikes for use and central location make this an excellent choice when in town. I will return when next I am in Copenhagen.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SBS11NY
Dear SBS11NY,

Thank you for your comments, they mean a lot to us at the hotel.

We look forward to welcome you again in the Savoy Hotel Copenhagen.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Extremely friendly staff. Room was small, and without A/C, but comfortable with open windows in May, and unseasonable warm temperatures. Location was prime for walking to train station and Tivoli. Plenty of in and out stores around for quick needs, food and drinks. Breakfast was pretty decent. WiFi codes readily available. There was a lot of construction going on throughout the hotel, with work in the adjacent room to ours with sufficient noise at times during the one day we arrived and wanted to rest a bit, but never at night, and we really weren't there during the subsequent days anyway. A nice stay.

Room Tip: Beds and pillows were very soft. Ask for extra pillows for a little more firm feeling.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank traveling_jab
Dear Traveling_jab,

thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay.

I am glad that you remembered us so well after 5 months.

If something disturbed you from the room next to you, I apologize.
We have now finished the renovation, and are very happy about the result.

essex
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Savoy Hotel
=========
good location -- Bang in centre -- next to all you need.....
helpful reception staff -- very friendly....
Hotel is clean and tidy ....
Breakfast -- Good.....
Good value for money -- for the area.....

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank craig v
Dear Craigvernon,

Thank you for your comments about your stay at the Savoy Hotel.

I hope to see you again in near future.

Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Savoy hotel for 4 nights. It is a great hotel for Copenhagen and very central. The hotel is very clean and has everything that you need. The rooms are small on the lower floors but the last 2 nights we were on another floor and the room was bigger, a great advantage when your husband is tall! Many of these hotels in charming old buildings in Copenhagen have small rooms and this should be expected. The best thing about this hotel is the reception staff, well all the staff actually, so friendly and helpful and having stayed in many different hotels around the world this really does make a difference to your stay. I can only reiterate the previous reviews and say it is a great place to stay, thankyou.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tania R
ChristianOxlund, Owner at Savoy Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Tania,

Thank you for the kind words, and especially thank you for complimenting our staff.

I hope to see you again when you have your next visit to Denmark.

All the best,