“Cozy hotel”

Savoy Hotel
Ranked #27 of 117 Hotels in Copenhagen
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Cozy hotel, nice location newly furnished room. Breakfast OK, not very vide selection but perfecly cooked eggs!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank KaisaEspoo_Finland

Dear Kaisa,

Thank you for taking time to write a review.

We look forward to see you in Copenhagen in near future again.

Owner

Reviewed May 27, 2012

I stayed here in 2008 and recall fairly run-down rooms; this time it looked as though the room / corridor had been renovated: fresh paint, new carpets. The hotel is still quite basic but it was my lucky day and I was upgraded to a "suite" room with a separate sitting area. The furnishings and bathroom facilities are basic, but functional, and the bed comfy. Free WIFI in the room.

The breakfast is self-service (bread selection, cold meats, cheeses, cereals, fruit and yoghurt) in a red-brick walled, underground cellar room with skylight windows - quite a charming room.

The service at reception was attentive and polite.

Location is OK, especially if you need to be close to the main train station in Copenhagen (close to Tivoli as well): about a 10 minute walk. Plenty of restaurants and cafés on the main street between the hotel and the train station. Confusingly, the red "Savoy Hotel" street sign hangs above a different entrance and you need to walk a couple of meters further before coming to the hotel entrance. This is because the street sign is 160 years old and permission has not been granted by the city to change it, despite the fact that the hotel entrance has been changed!

I would stay here again as it is convenient to the train station, within my budget and the rooms, set back from the main road, are very quiet. I'd also happily recommend the Savoy Hotel to others.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Deana J

Dear Deana,

Thank you for taking tome to write a review about our little newly renovated hotel.

I am glad that you noticed the "new rooms" even after 4 years!

We look forward to see you again in Copenhagen.

Owner

Reviewed May 23, 2012

We choose the hotel for its closeness to the centre (10 minutes walk) and railway station, plus for the level of expected facilities. The location was okay for a hotel near a train station. The hotel looked quite good on furniture, but the rooms had either too much of it or could be larger themselves. In fact there was not so much space. Bed and shower okay but also tiny. Bit of noisy rooms. No bar but a lobby with separate seats so you did not need to stay in your room al the time.

Breakfast okay although also not great but sufficient. They had some extra amenities and a lot of information on the city. Staff was helpful with questions, but solving problems was another thing. We had ordered two rooms next to each other but that seemed impossible. We were given a single room although we had reserved two doubles (but one of us could not come in the end). When we asked for a change the next they (also beacuse of the noise), they could not tell whether they had possibilities. And when we returned it appeared that they were again full, but we could not get rid of the idea that they had not tried. In the end they gave as a reduction on the price.

Overall: we had a decent stay but nothing more than that.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ortwin

Dear Breda,

Thank you for taking time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

We just renovated the hotel over winter, and we are happy about the result.
However it is an old building, and therefore we do not have that many options on making the rooms/bathrooms bigger.

It is a mistake from our side that you did not get a double room, and you should have been moved to a double room the next day. I apologize for that, and notice that you were refunded for this.

We normally do our best to allocate groups travelling together on the same floor, and if possible next to each other.

I hope to see you in Copenhagen again some day.

Savoy Hotel

Reviewed May 15, 2012

+ Close to center (15 minutes walk)

+ Safe location (unlike some other hotels near railwaystation)

+ Clean rooms, good shower, quiet rooms

+ Popular hotel

+ Nice stuff :)

- Beds are like swamps, not my cup of tea

- No shampoo or conditioner in rooms, take your own with you

- Floor carpet made me choff, dusty

- On weekends breakfast restaurant ran out all supplies constantly, on weekdays it worked fine

= Still, it was nice experience, I recommed this hotel for you if you look for budget hotel for a short stay

Room Tip: Rooms closest to the elevator are more noisy
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Darrya
SavoyCPH, Owner at Savoy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Dear Darrya,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about our hotel.

I am happy about your positive comments. I am also happy about your negative comments, because it gives me an opportunity to improve.

- We have just bought new beds, so if they are softer than they should be, I must have a word with the producer. (Please send me your roomnumber via e-mail.)
- There should have been shampoo in your room, I apologize for that. I will have a word with housekeeping regarding this.
- It is true that weekends are busy at breakfast, but I hope that the staff have a constant eye on supplying the buffet.

Even though the aboce issues, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 3, 2012

Very comfortable, small room in a newly renovated hotel. (I don't know if all rooms were small, but mine was just right for one or two people.) Clean. Safe. Sweet old building -- even has a working original lift. Tremendous location near everything. Staff friendly and helpful. Only advice is while they offer to rent nice new bikes, there is a stand of free city bikes across the street that were always available for me.

Room Tip: I was on the fifth floor with a lovely view out my window (see image)
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
SavoyCPH, Owner at Savoy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Dear Nick040,

Thank you for taking time to write a review and a very positive one, thank you.

We renovated the hotel over the winter season, and just finished one month ago, so I am very happy that you like the result.

Regarding the bikes, you are right there are free bikes on the square. But they are not very comfortable if you are riding a full day. For short rides they are perfect.

We look forward to see you again in Copenhagen,

Best regards,

Reviewed May 2, 2012

This hotel has been recently renovated and is being maintained in excellent condition. For the price and location in Copenhagen, you cannot beat it unless you are looking for "fancy" touches. The room is decent size and has flat screen tv and a computer/work desk. I had a single room so I had one twin bed, which was a little soft for me. The remainder of the room is plain and I did feel sorry for my next door and downstair neighbors because the floor squeaked badley any time I walked on it. The bathroom was nice. It is full ceramic tile with a very good shower with good water pressure and temperature at any time. Breakfast was included and was typicla, cold cuts, cheese, soft-boiled eggs, breads, cereal and pastries in addition to coffee, juice and water. The staff of the hotel is friendly and helpful and everyone I spoke with spoke english well. All in all, a good value for money and in a great downtown location within walking distance of everything.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
SavoyCPH, Owner at Savoy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Dear Buffalojim67,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about our hotel.

We are very happy about the renovation, and the result. And even more happy that you, as our guest, noticed it.

We look forward to see you again in Copenhagen,

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 30, 2012

Good breakfast, comfortable bed, shower is only a dribble however we had a double spa bath in our room so just took advantage of that! Location is great, ten minute walk from Copenhagen central station even with big bags. Reception very helpful as we've found with most Danish people. Overall a great stay!

Stayed: April 2012