“good value, well placed, nice spa” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Kong Arthur

Hotel Kong Arthur
Ranked #13 of 114 Hotels in Copenhagen
Worsley, United Kingdom
“good value, well placed, nice spa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

Situated on edge of centre by lakes this large but comfortable and homely hotel represents very good value for the city centre. Room of character and comfortable in eaves, not huge but big enough, good buffet breakfast, excellent service and good spa with 1 visit included. Green credentials so no aircon, but plenty of windows for cooling breeze.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stine J, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Kong Arthur, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and kind words! I am very happy that Hotel Kong Arthur was just your kind of hotel :-) Yes, it is true that we do not have air conditioning. This is part of our CSR strategy to reduce carbon emission. I am very happy you noticed and that the fresh breeze from the openable windows could cool you down :-)

I hope to see you back at Hotel Kong Arthur soon!

Stine Jørgensen / Hotel Kong Arthur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kings Bay, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

The hotel upgraded us to a larger room which was extremely comfortable. The staff is extremely helpful anf their 5PM Cozy hour much appreciated. We had breakfadt included and thought the selections and service were exceptional.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review! It is so good to hear you had a good stay with us :-) Also, I am very happy to hear you liked our breakfast. I hope you noticed that most of the products are organic, which is very important to us. We are currently focusing on improving our breakfast, actually, so if you want, you are more than welcome to contact me with feedback on what you really liked and where we can improve. My e-mail is stj@arthurhotels.dk.

I hope to hear from you and see you back at Hotel Kong Arthur!

Best,
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Spent one night in this hotel while attending a concert at the Forum, which was about 15 minutes to walk, in fact in was a lovely walk by the river. We had a very nice room with everything we needed, except milk which they said we would have to purchase ourselves, the Brits like their tea with milk. Also the nearest station was about a ten to twelve minute walk away, we sourced all this information on a brilliant website called rome2rio which gives you in great detail the best way to get to and from places. The breakfast was not included but cost us around £20 which we did not think was worth it, I would have expected a better choice, we have better Danish bacon in UK. (according to my friend as I am a vegetarian) Nice bathroom with both bath and shower, we chose this hotel as it also had a spa attached to the hotel.

1 Thank TheYoungOnes100
Edinburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Visiting Copenhagen for the first time with two friends. We had a triple room (pull-down bed), which my friend said was perfectly comfortable. The room had everything you need (apart from shower gel, and when we asked for some the receptionist gave us shampoo!?) . The staff were all very helpful and friendly and "cosy hour" was a very nice bonus. The hotel is in easy walking distance of all the touristy places. Recommend a vist toTivoli Gardens-great fun.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and for choosing Hotel Kong Arthur for your girls' weekend away in Copenhagen! I am so glad you had a good stay. I hope you had time for a little self-pampering in our spa, now you were away on a girls' weekend :-)

Our amenity range currently includes shampoo, conditioner and body lotion, but I know we are about to change amenities, so I will let my colleague in charge of the amenities know that we maybe should consider including a shower gel as well. Thank you for this feedback!

I hope to see you back at Kong Arthur soon.

Best regards,
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

The front desk staff were very friendly and went out of their way to make our stay pleasant. They professionally answered all of our questions -- about taxis, exchange rates, places to visit, computer usage, etc.The lobby area was most inviting and set the tone for the wonderful atmosphere throughout the hotel. The breakfast was wonderful. I decided to eat there because there were no other restaurants any where near the hotel. The room had all amenities, as promised. It was very warm, however, and the very high windows were difficult to reach to open up and let a breeze in. A fan was in the closet, I later discovered.The location seemed to be safe and my friend and I felt comfortable at the hotel. She made use of the free computer service. Overall, it was a good stay in a lovely hotel across from one of the lakes.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for twin beds ahead of check-in so they will be divided and ready for you.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. I am very happy you had a good stay at Hotel Kong Arthur! I hope to see you back, next time you go to Copenhagen :-)

L
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is located close to all transport links and easy to find it.
From outside the hotel looks beautiful as well as the view from inside, the room I stayed, the are was adequate amount of furniture that I needed for business trip, but
The room was small, the breakfast room was on open top area, reception was helpful to solve the issues during my stay... Recommended hotel

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Boras, Sweden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

Me and my partner had to do some business in Copenhagen again. Had to try a new hotel. Easy to access by car. Good parking close to entrance. Nice rooms, nice small bar. Very friendly staff. Its good they are not TOO friendly, that is annoying. Lounge is nice too with cozy pillows in the sofas. Didn't eat any at all, though. Usually never eat at hotels.
I don't remember any issues... My girlfriend said something but I just do not recall... it was probably no big deal. She is a bit picky. Well, the gym was kind of in a need of a face lift. Some machines were broken too. A shame. But we got what we came for: Faster heart rate. Well done.
In total; it was a nice stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Stine J, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Kong Arthur, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and your visit! I am very happy you had a nice stay at Kong Arthur :-)

I can definitely recommend you to make an exception and visit one of our three affiliated restaurants, next time you visit - you won't regret it :-) We serve authentic Italian, Spanish and Japanese food, respectively, and the restaurants are very popular among Copenhageners.

I hope to see you back at Kong Arthur, next time you are in Copenhagen!